• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kyle orton released

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who picks him up? Glad this board isn't like espn where 50 people suggest we sign him

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
SIGN HIM!!! Sorry, couldn't resist the neckbeard.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears? Chiefs? Texans? Colts?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would think Chicago might be a natural landing spot given his history and their obvious need. Interesting Denver would just cut him outright.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking the Chiefs might be the best fit but Chicago wouldnt surprise me either.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer is reporting that the Bears will attempt to sign him. Houston Chronicle is reporting Houston will not.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chiefs please or else bowe holds no value anymore smh

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he has to clear the waiver wire before he can become a free agent!!.

1.Colts...Ponder sucks..if they really want to prove there not sucking for luck here is chance to win a couple of games.

2.chiefs...Cassel out for the year...palko isn't ready to be the starter...He was a good qb at pitt but has no experience at the nfl level

3.Bears...No culter why out? bring in him win enough games to make it to the playoffs

4.Eagles..Vick hurt..Young sucks add another one to the dream team...

5.Redskins..grossman or beck hasn't done shit this year both qb are back up qb's in this league.

Teams that should grab him that won't

dolphins,bucs,vikings,cards((kolb sucks)),browns,texans

Last edited by a moderator:

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was either cut him or pay $3 million to ride the pine. Trade deadlines passed so that wasn't an option. I'm guessing Elway & Co also wanted to show some respect and give him an opportunity with above said teams seeking a viable stopgap...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was either cut him or pay $3 million to ride the pine. Trade deadlines passed so that wasn't an option. I'm guessing Elway & Co also wanted to show some respect and give him an opportunity with above said teams seeking a viable stopgap...

Also if I team picks him up off waivers, isn't the new team on the hook for more of the guaranteed money?

If he clears waivers, then Denver is on the hook for all the guaranteed money.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is crazy to me. That guy could have commanded high draft picks not too long ago.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
he has to clear the waiver wire before he can become a free agent!!.

1.Colts...Ponder sucks..if they really want to prove there not sucking for luck here is chance to win a couple of games.

2.chiefs...Cassel out for the year...palko isn't ready to be the starter...He was a good qb at pitt but has no experience at the nfl level

3.Bears...No culter why out? bring in him win enough games to make it to the playoffs

4.Eagles..Vick hurt..Young sucks add another one to the dream team...

5.Redskins..grossman or beck hasn't done shit this year both qb are back up qb's in this league.

Teams that should grab him that won't

dolphins,bucs,vikings,cards((kolb sucks)),browns,texans

Not a chance, McNabb is aready riding the pine and a stop gap wouldn't help at this point.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
This is crazy to me. That guy could have commanded high draft picks not too long ago.

After last season the Broncos should have got what they could for him.
He sucked prior to that, and now he sucks again..

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would the Bucs pick him up?

Josh freeman is having a bad year...if the bucs want to win they need a new qb...He makes to many mistakes and it doesn't help that his wr suck!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Mcnabb needs to be cut...he was god awful in the viking first couple of games

I'm sure after this season his services won't be needed any longer....:pray2:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh freeman is having a bad year...if the bucs want to win they need a new qb...He makes to many mistakes and it doesn't help that his wr suck!!

Hes having a bad year.... in his 3rd year in the league. Why add a QB unless you are giving up on him?? And his receivers suck so how does Orton fix that?? See what Orton did with not so good receivers this year??

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one thinking that Chicago made an under-the-table deal with Denver?

Just last night, I was wondering if Chicago could convince anyone to cut a QB with the promise of sending them draft picks if Chicago was able to land the QB... and then today I hear Orton gets cut.

The timing is strange, almost nobody gets cut this late in the season unless it is a disciplinary thing. Certainly not a somewhat quality QB... because even if nobody picks up Orton, I'm pretty sure he is one of those vested vets who's full salary is guaranteed just for being on the roster week 1...

Well, if it is an under-the-table deal, I hope John Elway doesn't expect the Bears to live up to any promises they made. That front office is shady as hell, they fucked the 49ers over with Briggs, and they screwed the Ravens in this past draft when they made this noise about trading up for almost the whole time period and then backed out at the end and left Baltimore with not enough time to make their selection and they got skipped a spot.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am not sure Orton is better than Freeman but I am guessing that the Bucs view Freeman as their future QB so I would say they are out.