• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Hamilton: Best player in the draft or a hybrid player without a position?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be drafted in the 1st round.....definitely.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

There is only so much impact a great safety tandem can have. Look at Seattle. Adams and Diggs are EASILY the best safety combination in the league. And their defense is pathetic.

It is why Hamilton will drop a lot farther down than #2 in the draft like some people have him being mocked at during this lead up period. Even the best safety in the league only has a chance to make a difference on a small percentage of defensive plays.
Funny Seahawks would be your example of 2 elite safeties not making a huge difference. They had a different pairing that anchored some elite defenses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hybrid player without a position for a safety sounds like code for "actually really good" to me, ngl.

A safety who can competently line up at S, LB or even CB in certain looks is absolutely one of the more valuable players you can have in football right now.
Can he line up at CB? There is a lot of college film of him not having a speed to do that. He makes great reads and gets to full speed quickly but his top speed isn't CB worthy.

I think he can play Money in a split safety formation.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid was born in Greece. Can’t think of too many Greek football players.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he line up at CB? There is a lot of college film of him not having a speed to do that. He makes great reads and gets to full speed quickly but his top speed isn't CB worthy.

I think he can play Money in a split safety formation.
His football instincts make up for the loss of speed

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His football instincts make up for the loss of speed
They do...but I still see him as a guy who covers tight ends and not CBs.

It's entirely possible that the rumors of him dropping in this class are just a smokescreen. But Isaiah Simmons was considered a top prospect in his class and he fell. (Edit - he went 8th? Yikes)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do...but I still see him as a guy who covers tight ends and not CBs.

It's entirely possible that the rumors of him dropping in this class are just a smokescreen. But Isaiah Simmons was considered a top prospect in his class and he fell. (Edit - he went 8th? Yikes)
as we get closer I'm getting a little fired up.

for what it's worth...Hamilton is a solid prospect, I expect he'll go top 10, top 11 for sure.
I'd be happy Jalen Pitre down the board much more. I've seen Pitre in person 4 or 5 times, he's going to have a long solid NFL career.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Commanders pass on him at #11. He would be prefect for the buffalo nickel position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I'd revisit this once the Ravens season ended. At the start of the season, you definitely saw his limitations but once the Ravens put all of their pieces on defense together they went from maybe the worst defense last year to maybe the best this year. Players got healthy, they brought in Roquan Smith, they drafted Kyle Hamilton. Big turnaround.

Probably the 3rd most valuable secondary player behind Sauce and Woolen. Maybe not deserving of the 'best player in the draft' hype but certainly deserving of hype.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I'd revisit this once the Ravens season ended. At the start of the season, you definitely saw his limitations but once the Ravens put all of their pieces on defense together they went from maybe the worst defense last year to maybe the best this year. Players got healthy, they brought in Roquan Smith, they drafted Kyle Hamilton. Big turnaround.

Probably the 3rd most valuable secondary player behind Sauce and Woolen. Maybe not deserving of the 'best player in the draft' hype but certainly deserving of hype.

I was banging the table for him at #11, but we got a good trade down offer that gave us Dotson, Robinson, and Howell. Cant argue with that.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely improved a lot throughout the season once they found a role for him
Got good upside - can't wait to see how well he plays going forward