• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Fuller!!!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This guy deserves his own thread....

He has been in BEAST MODE on a Limit Break ALL season long!!!!

Has really been the heart of our secondary/defense this year. IMO he plays with more intensity than anyone on the field!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Hunzworth. What is this nonsense about Eddie Whitley being a sure tackler? Where did the announcers get that?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle was second on the team in TFL going into the game, might be leading now. That's pretty special for a CB. I like to call him Kyle "Cruise Missile" Fuller.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Hunzworth. What is this nonsense about Eddie Whitley being a sure tackler? Where did the announcers get that?

I've seen other announcers say the same thing and I always roll my eyes. My guess is its just printed in the media guide by some intern who's never seen our games.

But yeah, Fuller is great. He has outstanding tackling instincts. He gambles a little too much in coverage for my liking but he has a chance to be mentioned as an all time great Hokie DB when he's done playing

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen other announcers say the same thing and I always roll my eyes. My guess is its just printed in the media guide by some intern who's never seen our games.

But yeah, Fuller is great. He has outstanding tackling instincts. He gambles a little too much in coverage for my liking but he has a chance to be mentioned as an all time great Hokie DB when he's done playing

I think he will be considered one of the best when all is said and done. He has been lights out all year and our most consistent player in the secondary IMO. How about the key fourth down play at the end where he took out the RB trying to curl to the flat, THEN he ran the QB down and tackled his ass behind the line of scrimmage. Great hustle play.

On another announcer note: Not taking away from Duke or anything Cutcliffe has done in his short tenure there. He certainly had his guys motivated and ready to go today and they almost got us. But I have heard numerous references over the last couple years while VT was playing Duke (or anyone else for that matter playing them) about Duke "being on the rise" or "he's getting them there" or the one thatreally gets me is "they are on the comeback of being a relevant team in the ACC, possible even a contender for the division". IMO Duke is certainly MUCH better than when Ted Roof was there but really??? Paalease. Duke is competitive, yes..ready to win the conference in a year or two..hell ever..hell no

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone (forgot who) on Twitter said it perfectly yesterday when they said (paraphrase): The Hokies looked like they were out way too late partying last night in Durham....and Kyle Fuller was the DD"

On another note, I reallyike how Exum has played this season. He plays shard every down. He gets a bit too aggressive from time to time but he is molding into a fine player in that secondary.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone (forgot who) on Twitter said it perfectly yesterday when they said (paraphrase): The Hokies looked like they were out way too late partying last night in Durham....and Kyle Fuller was the DD"

On another note, I reallyike how Exum has played this season. He plays shard every down. He gets a bit too aggressive from time to time but he is molding into a fine player in that secondary.

Exum has been laying down the wood in several games this season (especially yesterday), he laid out a few guys..One I wasn't sure if he was gonna get up..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From TheKeyPlay:

IOj8C.gif

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the play I was fussing about earlier. How in the hell is that a catch? Whatever happened to controlling the football all the way through?

I agree it was a tough call, but I think they made the right one. In my mind it wasn't an issue of 'controlling it to the ground', it was an issue of making a 'football move' after the catch and in that case the ground can't cause a fumble.

I'm just glad we won and didn't seem to pick up any serious injuries.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On a side note, is VanDyke going to replace Whitley next season? VanDyke has a HUGE upside and can flat out hit

It will be him of Aromire. Norman and Hopper are listed at FS and I do not imagine either of them would move over.

^ Prob so but i wouldnt be surprised to see Michael Cole sneek into that mix also. He is somewhat of a tweener between FS and Rov, but i remember hearing that the coaches were both surprised and impressed with Cole this summer.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to give him this nickname -

Kyle "Thanks mom, but no more mashed potatoes and turkey for me because I couldn't be" Fuller

I doesnt fit, make sense, easily roll of the tongue. But, winner.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to give him this nickname -

Kyle "Thanks mom, but no more mashed potatoes and turkey for me because I couldn't be" Fuller

I doesnt fit, make sense, easily roll of the tongue. But, winner.

Are you related to Chris Berman by chance?