• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kwiatkowski

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Kwiatkowski.

I think you're really operating off of the pre-2019 scouting report of Kwit. He was very good in coverage last year.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're really operating off of the pre-2019 scouting report of Kwit. He was very good in coverage last year.

I'm operating off of what I see.

I think he does a really good job of being in the right place at the right time. He's extremely gap sound and smart...he doesn't get caught out of position much.

But I wouldn't want him in coverage full time or even as an every down starter.

He graded out well in pass coverage this past season....but it doesn't mean he all of sudden became a stud. He actually graded out well in 2017 in coverage as well and then fell off in 2018.

My issue is his athletic ability doesn't lend it self well to making up for mistakes in coverage or mistakes of teammates around him. So he's typically gonna be only as good as the team around him.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwit looked pretty athletic out there playing for us last year. I think he was PFF's top rated LB in three separate weeks despite playing only half of a season.

I also don't think anyone knows who the hell he is. So, I don't know who would really be prepared to throw a bundle at him.

I think you could get him at a relatively cheap price and have Kwit/Roquan in the middle for the next handful of seasons. Roquan hasn't even turned 23 yet and Kwit is 26 going on 27.

I don't envision teams lining up to give Kwit 6-8 mil per year.

He's an inferior athlete compared to a lot of his peers. He makes up for it with great instincts and being smart.

I could see him asking price shooting up due to having multiple teams interested.

I'm sure teams around the league know exactly who he is. That would be naive to believe they don't. Maybe the average fan in other cities don't....but scouts and GMs definitely do.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm pretty much baffled as to how Kwiat's game developed over the last couple of years, and especially last year. I thought his days were numbered as a Bear once we drafted Smith. I know prior to then, while I always appreciated his hard hitting, I thought he was slow, not very adept in coverage, and more often than not took bad angles. I don't know, but something seemed to snap in his mind, and he turned his game around 180 once he was given the opportunity. Maybe he isn't any faster, but he looked it. Maybe his coverage and taking the angles didn't really improve, but it sure looked like they did. Hard to say which player he'll be in '20, the pre or post '18 version. But if the Bears are going to part ways with Trevathan, then I'm for Pace doing what it takes to retain Kwiatkowski.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut tells me Trevathan stays and this guy is gone.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Kwiatkowski walk. He's not nearly as good as he played last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm operating off of what I see.

I think he does a really good job of being in the right place at the right time. He's extremely gap sound and smart...he doesn't get caught out of position much.

But I wouldn't want him in coverage full time or even as an every down starter.

He graded out well in pass coverage this past season....but it doesn't mean he all of sudden became a stud. He actually graded out well in 2017 in coverage as well and then fell off in 2018.

My issue is his athletic ability doesn't lend it self well to making up for mistakes in coverage or mistakes of teammates around him. So he's typically gonna be only as good as the team around him.

Well, we have a pretty damn good defensive team and you can't afford athletic studs at every single position. He appears to be a damn good player, though.

You can get around not being the fastest with great technique and film study. That's where the whole "right spot, right time" comes in. It's not magic. He doesn't have a football magnet strapped to his chest. He studies well and he's clearly worked on his technique. A lot of fantastic players weren't the biggest, strongest or fastest.

ILB is also sort of the RB of the 3-4 defense. It's the one position you really shouldn't blow your wad on. It's less important than edge rusher, your big guys up front or any of your DB's.

I mean, Trevathan and Smith both went down last year. Their replacements were good and we really didn't miss a beat. Why? The more important positions are set with your studs. Hicks goes down and suddenly we go from "all universe" to "still really good... but human".

I think you get Kwit at a reasonable rate and spend at the more important positions that we need. A safety opposite Jackson, TE, OL, etc. I don't think we miss a beat, quite frankly.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan is a beast, but his best days are behind him. Nobody beats time.

I like Kwit at the right price, but wouldn't get fucking crazy over it.

Bears breed LBs. KPL showed flashes and is quick af.

As long as they don't break the bank, I'm all for bringing Kwit back.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevathan is a beast, but his best days are behind him. Nobody beats time.

I like Kwit at the right price, but wouldn't get fucking crazy over it.

Bears breed LBs. KPL showed flashes and is quick af.

As long as they don't break the bank, I'm all for bringing Kwit back.

It's just hard for me to imagine that Kwit has this huge market waiting for him. Where his price is going to get driven up on us to an insurmountable place.

Trevathan got hurt when we were 3-5 and largely out of the national spotlight. Not many were watching the 2nd half of the season and I certainly don't think many were sitting around going "Fuckin a! This Kwiatkoski guy!".

I think he is largely unknown. But then again... it only takes one GM having a hard-on for him.

I also was reading that the Bears haven't yet re-signed Kwit because they're waiting on certain (more expendable) parts until they see how much they're going to have to burn on QB and Austin Hooper. They might have to let one or two of those lesser priorities walk.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard for me to imagine that Kwit has this huge market waiting for him. Where his price is going to get driven up on us to an insurmountable place.

Trevathan got hurt when we were 3-5 and largely out of the national spotlight. Not many were watching the 2nd half of the season and I certainly don't think many were sitting around going "Fuckin a! This Kwiatkoski guy!".

I think he is largely unknown. But then again... it only takes one GM having a hard-on for him.

I also was reading that the Bears haven't yet re-signed Kwit because they're waiting on certain (more expendable) parts until they see how much they're going to have to burn on QB and Austin Hooper. They might have to let one or two of those lesser priorities walk.

The Packers will offer him something, IMO.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have a pretty damn good defensive team and you can't afford athletic studs at every single position. He appears to be a damn good player, though.

I didn't say he wasn't. There's a cap in what I would want to pay him though.

I think you get Kwit at a reasonable rate

I agree. And if other teams jack up the price....you say goodbye.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that Philly is going after this guy too btw

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Kwiatkowski walk. He's not nearly as good as he played last year.
I think your wrong. In fact, I would let Danny walk and keep the younger Kwit and the pierre kid,keep him as well.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your wrong. In fact, I would let Danny walk and keep the younger Kwit and the pierre kid,keep him as well.

I would let Danny walk too. Kwit is seriously being overrated right now for having a few (or a little more than a few) good games last year when his history shows he's pretty average at best.