• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kudos to Phil

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he does have an eye for D talent.
He fixed the DE position pretty competently. I'm sure more D talent will come in the draft.
From other boards I visit , seems there a few who question if Mel can manage these new players.
I'm really not a Mel guy. Just saying , he hasn't shown me shit. Injuries gave him his excuse for yr.1 . I'm not buying that excuse. Just really curious, how you guys feel about Mel.
My question is can Mel manage it?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I'm willing to give him another season, but I mean. It's hard to like much about a DC after the worst defensive season in Bears history. lol

However, I do give him a pass. I don't think many DC's could have succeeded in his shoes. ROUGH hand to be dealt. Both talent and injury-wise.

Also, Cutler and MANY others have said he could be the smartest football guy in the organization. And we know Cutler doesn't just say that shit. Which is why I'm willing to wait and see.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, I think I'm with richig here. He didn't earn any special honors last year, obviously. But I will give him another year. If Emery can finally hit something on the defensive side in the draft this year, Tucker should have the tools he needs.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say he has an eye for D talent until I see Houston, Young and whomever he picks in the draft play. I'm still a bit suspect by Shea, Bostic, Greene and Hardin at this point.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel, at the very least deserves 1 more chance. With the proper talent and hopefully a non injury plagued season, we should see what type of coach he is......hopefully he proves Emery correct

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tucker does have some talent on the D now, and barring injuries the Bears have the potential to have a disruptive D again. The question I have is: Can Tucker motivate the defense to play at their full potential? We'll see. But if he totally blows it this next season he is as good as gone.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tucker does have some talent on the D now, and barring injuries the Bears have the potential to have a disruptive D again. The question I have is: Can Tucker motivate the defense to play at their full potential? We'll see. But if he totally blows it this next season he is as good as gone.

I like some of the coaching changes we made on D, during the off season, especially the LB coach changes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Emery is making some great moves this off season.

A man on a mission. I love it. Keeps the off-seasons very interesting.

As opposed to JA. Where it was constantly like; "Okay... uh... what's the deal here?". Trotting out Devin Hester again as our number one WR? Okay... yeah, nice 35 year old Marty Booker signing Jerry."

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give this to Emery, they addressed my longest standing issues from the previous regime immediately. The O line. He went and got an offensive minded guy in Trestman and the O was the best i can ever remember seeing from the Bears. The Defense crumbled, and all the moves have been directed right at the defense this off season. He is addressing problems, and efficiently.
I will be willing to give Tucker this season to show me he can game plan and call an effective defense. If he doesnt make them a middle of the pack defense, at bare minimum, i will fuck his wife and send him the pictures.

C

cubzzzfanincali

If he doesnt make them a middle of the pack defense, at bare minimum, i will fuck his wife and send him the pictures.

I think I speak on behalf of the entire board Peter when I say this....we know you will Peter. We just know.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give this to Emery, they addressed my longest standing issues from the previous regime immediately. The O line. He went and got an offensive minded guy in Trestman and the O was the best i can ever remember seeing from the Bears. The Defense crumbled, and all the moves have been directed right at the defense this off season. He is addressing problems, and efficiently.
I will be willing to give Tucker this season to show me he can game plan and call an effective defense. If he doesnt make them a middle of the pack defense, at bare minimum, i will fuck his wife and send him the pictures.

I totally agree w/ this message.

Except the wife thing . I really wouldn't want to DO anything Mel has done.:laugh3:
And who knows she could be a:flock::lol:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man on a mission. I love it. Keeps the off-seasons very interesting.

As opposed to JA. Where it was constantly like; "Okay... uh... what's the deal here?". Trotting out Devin Hester again as our number one WR? Okay... yeah, nice 35 year old Marty Booker signing Jerry."

You are so hung up on hester as a number one. wasnt roy williams signed the year hester got paid?

This is so tiring. He was never called our number one, he said they needed a reason to offer him a 40 million dollar contract so he would stay here.

We will see what allen gets us. 32 year old signed til he is 35 to replace an "old" julius peppers. Save the kudos for the draft. Until he get some real wins and first three round players are not cut because he sees them playing a different position in the nfl, then you start the kudos. Long fell into his lap, a guy with 5 college starts was a gamble. Anyone can over pay for free agents.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: :agree:

Nice. Didn't expect that.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say he has an eye for D talent until I see Houston, Young and whomever he picks in the draft play. I'm still a bit suspect by Shea, Bostic, Greene and Hardin at this point.

Just think he upgraded the DE position with younger and cheaper guys. And that includes Izzy.
I think Shea was a Marenelli pick . But the LBs were the best that he could get at the time. Phil's not a magician. He can't make them play better than what they are. And we needed LBS.
Agree he took a big chance on Hardin, doubt we'll be seeing that type of move again.
Just think that Phil is learning on the move. And I like what he's doing.:suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think he upgraded the DE position with younger and cheaper guys. And that includes Izzy.
I think Shea was a Marenelli pick . But the LBs were the best that he could get at the time. Phil's not a magician. He can't make them play better than what they are. And we needed LBS.
Agree he took a big chance on Hardin, doubt we'll be seeing that type of move again.
Just think that Phil is learning on the move. And I like what he's doing.:suds:

Oh, don't get me wrong, in two drafts even with the wiff's like Bostic/Shea he has had some real nice hits like Long, Alshon, Mills which is FAR better than anything we got with Jerry "can't draft" Angelo.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alot better than Hatley and J angelo. although angelo was good at making ice cream outa horse shit at times.