• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KOVY RETURNING TO NJ/DEVILS (UPDATED)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah rp is right with the translation...on the flip side though how hard is it to give tg a call and say hey this is whats up.

mc we hitched the right horse...look at what he did last year he is one of the few players who are worth their contract in the nhl. i know people will bash him because of this and then the whole contract issue but when he laces them up he is worth every penny.

Haha, reminds me of the people that sat in the row in front of me all last year. They would constantly bash Kovy, often times when he wasn't on the ice, just because of his contract. One game Kovy had 2 assists and was a +3 and added a goal late in the game and one of those jackasses yells "It's about time" in a very sarcastic tone. What numbers do you want out of the guy in order to lay off of him? 5th in the league in points with a reasonable cap hit. Kovy is a beast.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be honest this is exactly why I give the C to Elias or Clarky over Kovy.Would rather have a leader than a superstar as the face of this franchise not a distraction.

Stuff like this is why fans will never love Arod more than Jeter.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the thread title

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nasty were you sitting behind tilo all year because he is in that fan club of hate?

mc he hasnt bolted anywhere. everyone thought giving parise the C was a great idea if i remember correctly? well the guy fed us lies all year about his intention and then bolts. we give it to clarkson and if he leaves whats that say about his true character and leadership skills?

we can all agree that stevens was our best captain ever? well do we remember that he wanted nothing to do with the devils and tried to file a lawsuit to stop coming here?!?!?! yeah imagine if this stuff existed back then!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lets also not forget that elias isnt a saint either.

remember when he was a ufa and flirted pretty hard with the hated rangers and in fact even drove up the price to get a better deal and a NMC on his deal?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you assholes was the guy in section 119 with the 666 Lucifer jersey and the light up fireman's helmet I swear to God I'm tracking you down using your IP address and punching you in the mouth. You loudmouth imbecile.

On a lighter note, I'd be ok with rolling 3 alternate captains this year until the long term status of everyone is settled.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the entire Twitter feed and it sound like what he said was not meant as ill will toward us but more of the "comradery" (No pun intended) he feels with St Petersburg. He must be homesick since he's been playin the states since 02, this must feel like a vacation to him.

It's what we feel over here in America when we move away from where we were born and have live most and then are able to go back there for a vacation and when it's time to come home and back to work we blurt out the "Do I have to"?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note, I'd be ok with rolling 3 alternate captains this year until the long term status of everyone is settled.

Thats all I'm saying

As much as I hate the Yankees I have A world of respect for Jeter.Arod may have stats but Jeter has leadership heart and rings

Hate the Yanks, but its hard to hate Jeter.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, if Kovy doesnt come back (even if its just for this season) we REALLY need to update our banner

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i say we go retro and put up the trio of mac bruce and stevens holding up the cup in 95. since its another 48 game season

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I vote we go with the retirement banners. Although I always liked this picture

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here we go already:

One Devil did think it would be a big deal, however, if Kovalchuk doesn’t report for training camp Sunday with the rest of his Devils’ teammates.

“It is,” longtime Devils forward Patrik Elias said. “We’re all supposed to report on Sunday, right?”

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want to harp on this because in the end the team really, really need him. Regardless, this is not how a captain acts.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect him to show up on Monday. Why? He said he wanted to stay in Atlanta, came to NJ. He said it wasnt about the money, signed a huge contract. Thats just the way he is... he says one thing and does the opposite! :D