• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G40 20-11-8 Kings @ Hurricanes 1/15/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much to say, have to stop this skid. The Kings have plummeted in the standings while Edmonton has been on an ungodly tear with 10 straight wins to close to within 3 points. The Kings are in jeopardy of not only falling into WC2 but out of the POs altogether and it could happen as early as tomorrow. Those 8 loser points are losses so this team is 20-19; unacceptable being a .500 team with that much cap space gone and the supposed depth.

Unclear who's in net today but being a B2B likely both goalies will play today and tomorrow. Spence and Kaliyev were tye scratches Saturday in Detroit, I'm expecting those two to be scratched today as well but who knows.

12pm start, afternoon games are not a Kings string suit. Hope they come out firing and play consistently for 60 minutes. Pretty sure McLellan's seat is heating up and rightfully so.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes are not a good team to end a loosing streak on....Kings lose 4-1.

At work....so easier to watch than at home haha

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickson and Fox both saying the talking is done, video, one on ones, all that - Kings have to simply gut out a win however they can.

Nervous on this one...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings under seige, Canes just taking it to them. Matter of time until they score, yikes.

Big Save Dave keeping the in it so far but they have to get going. Real scrambly start.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I say that TOTM scores haha.

Looks like Clarke and Arty Retardy scratched. That guy is going to be gone this summer, book it. He just doesn't bring anything to the game, extremely disappointing considering he was a very high second round pick, almost a first round pick from that shoddy 2019 draft for LA.

PLD with JAD and Laferriere, not exactly lamp lighters so it's on him to make something happen with that line.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD just isnt the playmaker type....he needs those to be effective, perhaps that can change....hasnt yet in his career, but coaches keep trying to make him something he isnt

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted Buster to be that big center...why not swap him and PLD 1 game....lets see what happens lol.

If not that, then Kopistar....Kings are loosing anyways, lets see what happens

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nickson and Fox both saying the talking is done, video, one on ones, all that - Kings have to simply gut out a win however they can.

Nervous on this one...

Exactly

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted Buster to be that big center...why not swap him and PLD 1 game....lets see what happens lol.

If not that, then Kopistar....Kings are loosing anyways, lets see what happens

The issue is Buster is hitting at a 15.8 S% which is second highest on the team (Kopitar at an ungodly 18.9S%) but his FO% is awful at 35.9%. They'd lose the faceoff and all of a sudden would need to go back defensively and Buster has been extremely sheltered in terms of DZ faceoffs, he's not good and then this cycle would repeat. They would just be pinned in constantly which is tiring.

PLD hasn't been great either at 49.8% but that's third best on the team behind Kopitar and Dunno. Moving PLD to wing would be a good idea IMO but then moving Buster to C3 would be a bad idea. He isn't ready for that and he may never be, it didn't work when they tried him there in 2021-22 and why he was moved to LW in 2022-23. Buster may permanently become a LW as a King unless he improves other aspects of his game related to being a center.

I'd be all for it though, wouldn't hurt to try at all. Goes back to your comment above, trying to make PLD something he isn't. I'd just move him and let him bum rush the net and create havoc.

But then who moves to C3? Lizotte is not meant for more than C4, Kopitar ans Dunno wouldn't leave C1 and C2 and JAD leaves a lot to be desired overall let alone as a C3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Justin Williams day in Carolina. I have the Carolina feed so he's on there right now just talking about the different teams. They really still love him in Carolina, which isn't "Weird" but I always think of him as a King just because of the two cups and the Conn Smythe obviously.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even see Lizotte get hit in the first by Orlov and now he's out for the game? Dude just gets manhandled out there and an area to improve - Bjugstad rag dolled him the entire series last April.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Justin Williams day in Carolina. I have the Carolina feed so he's on there right now just talking about the different teams. They really still love him in Carolina, which isn't "Weird" but I always think of him as a King just because of the two cups and the Conn Smythe obviously.

To me he will always be a King too but he won their first Cup in 2006 and then returned there after he left LA, that's definitely what he considers home.

Great player, one of the smartest moves Dumbo ever made.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was a class act IMO, injuries hampered his career...but he didnt let that stop him and could count on him for a big game.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is Buster is hitting at a 15.8 S% which is second highest on the team (Kopitar at an ungodly 18.9S%) but his FO% is awful at 35.9%. They'd lose the faceoff and all of a sudden would need to go back defensively and Buster has been extremely sheltered in terms of DZ faceoffs, he's not good and then this cycle would repeat. They would just be pinned in constantly which is tiring.

PLD hasn't been great either at 49.8% but that's third best on the team behind Kopitar and Dunno. Moving PLD to wing would be a good idea IMO but then moving Buster to C3 would be a bad idea. He isn't ready for that and he may never be, it didn't work when they tried him there in 2021-22 and why he was moved to LW in 2022-23. Buster may permanently become a LW as a King unless he improves other aspects of his game related to being a center.

I'd be all for it though, wouldn't hurt to try at all. Goes back to your comment above, trying to make PLD something he isn't. I'd just move him and let him bum rush the net and create havoc.

But then who moves to C3? Lizotte is not meant for more than C4, Kopitar ans Dunno wouldn't leave C1 and C2 and JAD leaves a lot to be desired overall let alone as a C3.

That ends up being my point in a round about way, PLD wasn't brought in to be the 3rd lin C and hes being bashed for trying to make the best of it IMO. its just how LA stacks up right now and why i dont think that trade can be fairly judged for a couple seasons or at least until he plays where he should be.....i could very much be wrong and he totally sucks, but i want to see him have the opportunity before i go there

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it, was flipping between the Bills Steelers game but I'll catch the replay.

Glad to see them turning it up, Canes were hanging around and we all know what happens then. The two quick ones from Dunno and Laferriere were critical.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally off the shneid, hopefully they can get a win tomorrow too. Dallas has a big, physical punishing defense and Oettinger is good.

Oilers were 1 point behind LA before the win today, Seattle too. Have to start winning games consistently.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a good win against a decent team. Hopefully they can string some of those together