• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe shocking the world

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he was saying is that HGH along with healing tendons, bones, etc. quicker can also (when abused) affect the tendons and bones in some adverse way that could have led to the broken bone.

ah... well in that case.. my bad.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the line of this specific injury. if his point is kobe has abused roids or hgh for long amounts of time causing damage to bones and increasing the likelihood of injury.. well at least that is medically accurate.

complete speculation.. but the dots connect.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ the OP

Karma coming back and slammin' him right up the keister.

Signed: Bulls fans

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

ROFL...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the line of this specific injury. if his point is kobe has abused roids or hgh for long amounts of time causing damage to bones and increasing the likelihood of injury.. well at least that is medically accurate.

complete speculation.. but the dots connect.

It is speculation because I don't think there aren't any clinical studies supporting his claims.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is speculation because I don't think there aren't any clinical studies supporting his claims.

It is hard to find any publicly available research on it.

My theory is that HGH improves your motor function so that when your brain tells your muscles to do something your muscles do it much more efficiently than your bones and ligaments are used to. A hyper extension on the same leg that would have been immobilized imo fits this bill very nicely.

A great example of the negative effects of HGH I think can be found in the injury history of the NFL, more and more injuries each year.

When you work out and build muscle naturally your tendons and cartilage also heal and strengthen. When you use PEDs the muscles grow faster and eventually the muscles force will not be able to be handled by the ligaments and cartilage that supports it.

Yes HGH significantly aids in recovery of ligaments and cartilage but it is much more effective when used for muscles.

Let's look at Kobe's injury history of late and what I will call the evidence leaning towards PED use.

Kobe plays more minutes than a 34 year old usually does, even before the injury it was a discussion.

Kobe ruptures achilles which is almost always a result of over use. Yet the 34 year old's muscles were fine?

Kobe comes back from what used to be a career ending injury in not just record time for a 35 year old, but anybody.

Kobe injures same leg that was immobilized for months and he told it to do something, it did it, and could not handle it.

None of this is an attack on Kobe, I have no problem with PEDs and you should not either. It is silly to think that players at that level would not be competitive enough to do what ever it takes to win.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Kobe or Laker fan. To speculate he's been on HGH or any other drugs isn't cool. I certainly understand it. It doesn't surprise me when anyone gets busted for doing so.

Fact is; Kobe has a lot of miles on his body. He is old! This is why he's having the injuries. You compensate when you're recovering from a injury. This is probably what happen.