• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Looked Good

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glee-u-mad.gif

No, but you will be when Kobe gets that one injury and hes done for good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you will be when Kobe gets that one injury and hes done for good.

I'd be trolling too if a 36 year old was better than the best three players on my favorites team combined.

Its ok little fella, you can cry out loud! :pound:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Add TJ Warren and Nick Johnson to that list as well.

TJ was a first rounder.

Probably should have gone higher with his shooting ability.

But, the guys I listed went in the 2nd round.

So, they give a smidge more bang for the buck.

With that being said, Warren and Rodney Hood are gonna put up huge numbers in the next few years.

Johnson was a steal for the Rox just like Anderson was at #30 to the Spurs.

Did anyone see Andrew Wiggins.

Wolves did well considering they could have lost Love for nothing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Add TJ Warren and Nick Johnson to that list as well.

AZ Sting, pretty good article on Warren.

Everyone knew T.J. Warren was good. Averaging 25 points per game and bringing home the ACC Player of the Year Award as a sophomore all but proved it.

That he was this good, this seemingly NBA-ready—not even the handful of teams ahead of the Suns could have quite seen that coming. He's averaged nearly 18 points and shot over 50 percent in summer league, leaving a lot of excitement for the future.

The retort, of course, is all too obvious: Plenty of players have put up big numbers in Vegas, only to fizzle out in the NBA or fade away overseas.

But it’s how Warren has made his impact that could prove a fantastic bellwether for next year’s Suns.

In a word: efficiently. Warren has long been known as a creative scorer—someone whose offensive repertoire seemed culled from a bygone basketball era. The question was whether the 6’8” forward could parlay his penchant for awkward jumpers and off-balance bankers into effectiveness against superior competition.

Why T.J. Warren Could Be the Steal of the 2014 NBA Draft for the Phoenix Suns | Bleacher Report

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe looked pretty good. He was moving well and seemed to be able to make the same moves before the 2 injuries. Fortunately, he had already started adjusting his game to accommodate his getting older, so it isn't a big adjustment to his game.

That being said, it was one game, in the pre-season. If he can play in 70+ games and average 20+ per game with 4-5 assists per game, he could win "Comeback Player of the Year" and the Lakers can finish around .500.

However, he's 36 and coming off 2 major injuries. As a Lakers fan, I'll be cringing every time he goes to the floor or limps a little after a play.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, he's 36 and coming off 2 major injuries. As a Lakers fan, I'll be cringing every time he goes to the floor or limps a little after a play.

Going to be like that with Nash as well. I'm kind of used to that feeling after dealing with Bynum. I was worried every minute he was on the court that he would bust his knees up again!

As of 1 preseason game though, Kobe looked good. Moving well. Setting up in post. Distributing. He's going to be operating out of the mid-post a lot this season.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a concept! Coach the shittier players instead of running the great ones into the ground!!!! Dantoni where you at?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, if you was to ever stalk a female, please make sure she isn't fat. Hurrishit, smh, that's nasty playa.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah we are! When you have Carlos Boozer holding down the paint, all teams better be nervous...

Um....Boozer was a bargain for what they got him for. And just so you know he was over-paid by the Bulls, but he should be able to average 13-14ppg and 7-8rpg in about 28mpg (as the starter) while they ease Randle into the NBA. And they are paying Boozer just 3.25 million, that's a very good signing. They don't have to rush Randle his rookie season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....Boozer was a bargain for what they got him for. And just so you know he was over-paid by the Bulls, but he should be able to average 13-14ppg and 7-8rpg in about 28mpg (as the starter) while they ease Randle into the NBA. And they are paying Boozer just 3.25 million, that's a very good signing. They don't have to rush Randle his rookie season.

Personally I like Boozer and I think he will be a much better fit into Scotts system then Pau Gasol. In case no one has noticed, Gasol did not contributed much the last two years years and has declined. I think he needed a fresh start and I wish him well, but I seriously doubt he will do better in Chicago then here. In the mean time Boozer is going to show everyone what defense is about.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I like Boozer and I think he will be a much better fit into Scotts system then Pau Gasol. In case no one has noticed, Gasol did not contributed much the last two years years and has declined. I think he needed a fresh start and I wish him well, but I seriously doubt he will do better in Chicago then here. In the mean time Boozer is going to show everyone what defense is about.

His toughness, will rub off on the rest of our Power Forwards.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His toughness, will rub off on the rest of our Power Forwards.

Ask a few Chicago fans about Boozer's toughness the last 2 seasons. There's a reason he got benched for Taj Gibson. Boozer is in fairly heavy decline. He can still contribute, but I wouldn't be looking to him to play a bigger role that some LA fans seem to think he's still capable of. Personally, I think his value is better suited as an off the bench guy for a championship level team (think Thunder, Clips, etc teams that need bench help). I wouldn't mind seeing LA trade him at some point this season for a couple of 2nd rounders or some small level package taking back a prospect or something.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask a few Chicago fans about Boozer's toughness the last 2 seasons. There's a reason he got benched for Taj Gibson. Boozer is in fairly heavy decline. He can still contribute, but I wouldn't be looking to him to play a bigger role that some LA fans seem to think he's still capable of. Personally, I think his value is better suited as an off the bench guy for a championship level team (think Thunder, Clips, etc teams that need bench help). I wouldn't mind seeing LA trade him at some point this season for a couple of 2nd rounders or some small level package taking back a prospect or something.

And do they think Gasol will be any better?

Both are in decline and both are fill in's until their younger players mature enough to take the load. The difference is the Lakers got Boozer for 3.5 million which is a bargain for his capabilities declined. The Boozers are going to sorely regret signing Gasol in my opinion. They gave him way to much money

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Laker fans are the same, once they win 1 game and a player has a good game it's always "Championship" with them. SMH 95% of yall are bandwagons anyway lol.