• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe calls out Lakers Org........Finally....

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a chump Logic. Nothing Kobe said about management is anything different than what has been said here.

Plenty have said that Kobe's extension was too much relative to the salary cap, but good business wise.

Plenty have said that his salary hurts their ability to sign other big free agents (which is sort of a moot point considering no one wants to play with Kobe anyway right?). Kobe can ask management to field a contender for next season, but we all know that is unlikely. Unless Lebron chooses to come to the Lakers, there's not much out there this summer. They will still have the cap space in 2015.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's calling out management and says nothing about D'Antoni. I saw this when it first played on ESPN. As I pointed out before, the quote re: D'Antoni is from an unnamed source.

This is Kobe calling out management and saying what everyone has been saying, management needs to do what is necessary to make this team better. D'Antoni is the coach, he's not management. The Lakers need players and that's managements job. The coach can only coach the players he's given.

I agree with most of that, but D'Antoni is also the problem. He does not stress defense and he wants to run a system that is not suited for winning NBA titles. Jeannie needs to get her idiot brother in check!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needed to be said, and more importantly it needed to be said by KOBE. My only complaint is that I wish he would of gone in a little more on Jim

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The reason for giving that money to Kobe and why anyone with basic math skills can see it's not as problematic as some want it to be, has been explained ad nauseum"

How did that turn into this?

"Not one of us on here is a cap expert (although a couple seem to think they are) so none of truly knows what the Lakers can do under the current cba with that contract.

We are all basically using our limited knowledge, the limited knowledge of others and sprinkling in our own biases. "

I think the article I posted CLEARLY pointed out the situation in a factual way.
40% of the cap is 40% no matter how you twist it.
Also, the available space they are talking about is without Gasol even being on the roster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of that, but D'Antoni is also the problem. He does not stress defense and he wants to run a system that is not suited for winning NBA titles. Jeannie needs to get her idiot brother in check!

Defense is why Rambis was brought in. The idea, per Dr. Buss, was to bring back the Showtime offense. D'Antoni's offense is basically exactly that, the Showtime offense. Unlike Pat Riley, D'Antoni doesn't stress defense, so Rambis was brought in to essentially be the defensive coordinator. With all of the injuries, it's hard to say what this team could have done defensively.

A season like this typically requires a scapegoat. Unfortunately for D'Antoni, it will likely be him. As I've said before, if D'Antoni does get fired, the Lakers need to do it right and make sure they have the replacement locked up. A drawn out coaching search where they end up with their 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice will do more damage to the franchise than Kobe's contract ever could.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The reason for giving that money to Kobe and why anyone with basic math skills can see it's not as problematic as some want it to be, has been explained ad nauseum"

How did that turn into this?

"Not one of us on here is a cap expert (although a couple seem to think they are) so none of truly knows what the Lakers can do under the current cba with that contract.

We are all basically using our limited knowledge, the limited knowledge of others and sprinkling in our own biases. "

I think the article I posted CLEARLY pointed out the situation in a factual way.
40% of the cap is 40% no matter how you twist it.
Also, the available space they are talking about is without Gasol even being on the roster.

Oh look, it's one of those posters that thinks he's a cap expert.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty dysfunctional time guys. Outside looking in its clear. I dont know any other org in the nba that uses the press to communicate between each other and to vent their frustratons on what should be internal matters.

I simply post the links, and listen to many say everything is just fine.

Changes are coming guys, count on it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty dysfunctional time guys. Outside looking in its clear. I dont know any other org in the nba that uses the press to communicate between each other and to vent their frustratons on what should be internal matters.

I simply post the links, and listen to many say everything is just fine.

Changes are coming guys, count on it

Well, of course changes are coming. The Lakers are sitting on the 4th worst record in the league. There's no choice.

As for communication through the press. I can't remember a time since the Magic Johnson days that these kinds of statements haven't been made through the press. Hell, Magic practically invented it with his "him or me" comments re: Westhead. I don't know why it's always been that way (Hollywood factor?) but it pretty much always has been and that's why it doesn't faze Lakers fans when it happens. We're used to it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being a chump Logic. Nothing Kobe said about management is anything different than what has been said here.

Plenty have said that Kobe's extension was too much relative to the salary cap, but good business wise.

Plenty have said that his salary hurts their ability to sign other big free agents (which is sort of a moot point considering no one wants to play with Kobe anyway right?). Kobe can ask management to field a contender for next season, but we all know that is unlikely. Unless Lebron chooses to come to the Lakers, there's not much out there this summer. They will still have the cap space in 2015.

Logicman is clearly trolling with that belief, or he is just plain stupid.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
400x225

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHIL JACKSON PROBABLY WANTS HIS RING BACK FROM JEANIE BUSS

Now that Phil Jackson is going to New York,
he would like to have his engagement ring back from Jeanie Buss.LoL:lol:
Take it to the nearest Pawn shop and get his money back...LoL
It's an expensive piece of Jewel-ery.:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Phil Jackson is going to New York,
he would like to have his engagement ring back from Jeanie Buss.LoL:lol:
Take it to the nearest Pawn shop and get his money back...LoL
It's an expensive piece of Jewel-ery.:lol:

Nice. You figured out the caps lock button.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's gripes and complaints is a classic reason why they signed that new contract way to soon. Once Kobe signed, his right to negotiate a deal that allows him some input were signed away and gone. On the other hand, the Lakers paid about 1.5 to 2.0 times amount of what Kobe was really worth. When you deal with the devil, the devil is going to make you pay and in the case both sides did not think about what was the best approach for winning championships. Both sides were interested in money. The Lakers front office knew damned well that Kobe's signature represented profits with or without titles and for Kobe he knew that he was not worth over 15 million so now they both have to pay the devil(their greed) for their signatures and in the mean time the Lakers future looks limited, but not impossible. The fact is, however that Kobe is mostly right. It's just sad that he didn't notice that problem before he signed

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, it's one of those posters that thinks he's a cap expert.

pie_16E1A0DA.png

Combined games played 2013-14 season=10

“It’s just a reality,” Nash said, in a Grantland.com video documentary. “I’m not going to retire because I want the money. It’s honest. We want honest athletes, but at the same time, you’re going to have people out there saying ‘He’s so greedy. He’s made x amount of money and he has to take this last little bit.’ Yes, I do, have to take that last little bit. I’m sorry if that is frustrating to some but if they were in my shoes they would do exactly the same thing. I wouldn’t believe for a minute that they wouldn’t.”

Run that one by me again about me not understanding the basic principals of math :laugh3: