• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you think that was so advanced it went over my head? A drug and fast food reference?

No dingbat. It was a scene in a very popular movie. It’s sequel coming out , hint, in April. Will you taste the soup !
Silly me, I missed a 30+ year old movie reference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T lance,

ironic, that both Randle and Portis shooting % are both up now that they are in a different environment. Coincidence? I think not.

Just quit while you are behind.

Talking about pro athletes not working hard.

Yeah Randle has more confidence in his jumper. Because he has worked on it a ton and gotten better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Randle has more confidence in his jumper. Because he has worked on it a ton and gotten better.

But wait....he's a former "professional baseball player" and won hisself some "champeenships". How can you possibly doubt him?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:frusty:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said that Randle did not work hard during off season. Difference between me and you is you don’t believe he ever had a good shot. Why you continue to believe that it is not possible is mind boggling. Why do you think he apologized to the fans, it is because he knew he could do more. So he worked on his shot to gain the confidence to do it in the game. Which he has. CONFIDENCE!!!

and like I said, And I stand by what I said. the majority of the big boys do not work hard on the offseason. They don’t even want to work hard spring training because it’s a long season . I know that’s foreign to you and it should be cause you were never amongst them. I was. Spring training was boot camp, then we went into an 156 game schedule, every other week your on a bus for 5 to 10 hours to get to city you play in, everyday you’re on the field at 3:45, batting practice, infield practice, Back to clubhouse for a shower, play some cards, game time 7:15, game over, 10:30, lucky if someone dropped off a keg of beer, some cold cuts, if not go back to your hotel room and lucky if you find a Pizza Hut open for a meal. Go to sleep and wake up next day and back on field to do it all over again, every day for 6 months with maybe a day off a month. If you’re lucky that don’t have to make up a game. And don’t get me started bout extra innings games, always seemed to happen on a day game!

so don’t even begin to tell me these guys work hard on the off season. They want no part of it.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Randle did not work hard during off season. Difference between me and you is you don’t believe he ever had a good shot. Why you continue to believe that is impossible is mind boggling. Why do you think he apologized to the fans, it is because he knew he could do more. So he worked on his shot to gain the confidence to do it in the game. Which he has. CONFIDENCE!!!

and like I said, And I stand by what I said. the majority of the big boys do not work hard on the offseason. They don’t even want to work hard spring training because it’s a long season . I know that’s foreign to you and it should be cause you were never amongst them. I was. Spring training was boot camp, then we went into an 156 game schedule, every other week your on a bus for 5 to 10 hours to get to city you play in, everyday you’re on the field at 3:45, batting practice, infield practice, Back to clubhouse for a shower, play some cards, game time 7:15, game over, 10:30, lucky if someone dropped off a keg of beer, some cold cuts, if not go back to your hotel room and lucky if you find a Pizza Hut open for a meal. Go to sleep and wake up next day and back on field to do it all over again, every day for 6 months with maybe a day off a month. If you’re lucky that don’t have to make up a game. And don’t get me started bout extra innings games, always seemed to happen on a day game!

so don’t even begin to tell me these guys work hard on the off season. They want no part of it.

Dude. Baseball and basketball are not the same. Your experience playing minor leagues like 40 years ago does not in any way shape or form qualify you to know anything about how professional basketball players train.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. Baseball and basketball are not the same. Your experience playing minor leagues like 40 years ago does not in any way shape or form qualify you to know anything about how professional basketball players train.
Good Lord! It does not matter the sport. The season is long! They are tired , recover from injury. You see these guys play preseason games, all of them are throwin up bricks till they get there feet underneath them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord! It does not matter the sport. The season is long! They are tired , recover from injury. You see these guys play preseason games, all of them are throwin up bricks till they get there feet underneath them.

Wrong.

Unbelievably wrong.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam!! Quickley , first player in NBA history to hit 94 of his first 100 free throws taken.

Record only goes back 20 years so expect some of the past greats to come forward?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mr expert, in your 20-25 studies you conducted for your thesis to obtain your masters, how many professional athletes did you interview?

Well, quite a few of the kids I coached went on to play professionally, mostly overseas. 1 even had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

They all worked on their games year round when in high school, and I know they continued to do so during their pro careers. 1 of them was quite possibly the laziest human I have ever met, and even he would go to the gym and get shots up during the off season.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs , get Randle off the court ! Up 20 vs worst team in NBA.
Well, quite a few of the kids I coached went on to play professionally, mostly overseas. 1 even had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

They all worked on their games year round when in high school, and I know they continued to do so during their pro careers. 1 of them was quite possibly the laziest human I have ever met, and even he would go to the gym and get shots up during the off season.
Yes, I believe they do work hard, but they are not the majority of the players we are discussing that play in the NBA, MLB and the NFL. Most of these guys need the rest from a very long season, from wear and tear on the body.

why do you continue to argue this? What am I saying that makes no sense to you? Just read what you wrote? You think they want to be professional in another country or do they want to be in the NBA? Obviously they are not good enough ? What is it that you don’t understand about that ? The player who had a cup of coffee, same, Something in his game was missing, so he had to put the extra effort in.

guys currently in NBA, a year or 2 complete, you’re ticket is written. Off season is off season. Some occasional workout here and there, but mostly travel , spend time with family , cause spring training is right at round the corner.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Randle did not work hard during off season. Difference between me and you is you don’t believe he ever had a good shot. Why you continue to believe that it is not possible is mind boggling. Why do you think he apologized to the fans, it is because he knew he could do more. So he worked on his shot to gain the confidence to do it in the game. Which he has. CONFIDENCE!!!

Just curious, what league plays a 156 game schedule?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I believe they do work hard, but they are not the majority of the players we are discussing that play in the NBA, MLB and the NFL. Most of these guys need the rest from a very long season, from wear and tear on the body.

why do you continue to argue this? What am I saying that makes no sense to you? Just read what you wrote? You think they want to be professional in another country or do they want to be in the NBA? Obviously they are not good enough ? What is it that you don’t understand about that ? The player who had a cup of coffee, same, Something in his game was missing, so he had to put the extra effort in.

guys currently in NBA, a year or 2 complete, you’re ticket is written. Off season is off season. Some occasional workout here and there, but mostly travel , spend time with family , cause spring training is right at round the corner.

They all put in work man. Some less than others.

But daily shooting, ball handling and strength training is part of just about every player’s routine. Most focus on individual work that is relatively low impact and avoid high impact stuff like playing 5 on 5.

They aren’t just sitting on the couch. If they were, they would get passed over by the thousands of hungry dudes trying to take their spots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And please enlighten me.

How many current professional basketball players do you know personally?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, what league plays a 156 game schedule?

Well, MLB played 154 until 1961. That is probably when he played.

Back then it was probably true that pro athletes didn’t work on their games in the off season. It is a lot more competitive now.

His posts are all over the place because dementia has already set in.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

WTF has this silly thread spiraled uncontrollably away from reality and devolved into?

:scratch:

To incessantly manufacture and fabricate senseless arguments ad nauseam mainly to create hysterics??

:rolleyes2:

Or just to poke fun at the Knicks regardless if they win or lose???

:noidea:

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With tonight's win over the Pistons, the Knicks are now over .500 at 18-17...and the #4 seed in the EC.

That said, Leon Rose and Tom Thibodeau deserve some props, and there's still much work & improvements/upgrades that need to be done.

Long way to go yet...but I'm absolutely enjoying this right now.

Keep it going, Bockers.

new york knicks applause GIF by NBA