• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant , Kyrie, Harden need the 3 to win?

most absurd!

You should probably pay closer attention to players stats. They average 20 three's a game.

Harden- 7.4
Kyrie- 7.0
KD- 5.9

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the pp
You should probably pay closer attention to players stats. They average 20 three's a game.

Harden- 7.4
Kyrie- 7.0
KD- 5.9

not the point I was making , is there are one here with reading comprehension skills?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the pp

not the point I was making , is there are one here with reading comprehension skills?

You are the one that has the compression problem.

This isn’t the old NBA where illegal defense rules prohibited help defenders from being more than a few feet away from their man unless they were directly doubling a ball handler.

Multiple shooters are needed to space the floor. Without them, stars like Harden and Kyrie can still beat their man, but they are driving into help defenders all game.

So yes, the Nets need to use the 3 as a weapon to open up the easy driving opportunities for the stars.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the pp

Then what exactly were you saying when you said this?

Durant , Kyrie, Harden need the 3 to win?

most absurd!

Seems like you're trying to say the 3 isn't a big part of their game. You've already proven you're allergic to stats. But here's another breakdown for you.

KD, Harden & Kyrie average a combined 54.8 shots per game. Already mentioned they take 20 three's a game. Now sit down and focus for this next part so you don't get confused. That means 36.5% of their total offense is from behind the arc. So the 3 is a big part of their game.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that has the compression problem.

This isn’t the old NBA where illegal defense rules prohibited help defenders from being more than a few feet away from their man unless they were directly doubling a ball handler.

Multiple shooters are needed to space the floor. Without them, stars like Harden and Kyrie can still beat their man, but they are driving into help defenders all game.

So yes, the Nets need to use the 3 as a weapon to open up the easy driving opportunities for the stars.
Compression....

We talkin teeth or socks here , cause that is def an issue?

I understand what you are telling me, but I don’t see the defense you’re talking about.

also, y’all crack on Knicks for only drafting forwards, even Stephen A got all over Knicks for ‘another forward???? ... then y’all post every team should have 3 shootin forwards that can handle ball...

help me out here...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok ok ok. Bout kyrie harden and Durant. I get it I get it I get it!!!!!

but you’re not seeing or understanding or agreeing for some reason or another that these 3 can still win without having to rely on shooting the 3 .

why is that?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But how many teams actually have the personnel to do that?

Not many.

Well, that's the target anyway. Obviously if you have a standout talent that doesn't fit that scheme, you adjust. Long PGs aren't common for example. Of course, you can always throw caution to the wind and try to work with a completely different scheme, like the Nets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compression....

We talkin teeth or socks here , cause that is def an issue?

I understand what you are telling me, but I don’t see the defense you’re talking about.

also, y’all crack on Knicks for only drafting forwards, even Stephen A got all over Knicks for ‘another forward???? ... then y’all post every team should have 3 shootin forwards that can handle ball...

help me out here...

The Knicks got a bunch of power forwards. That position is basically extinct in the modern NBA.

What you need are big wings that can guard bigger players but still play like a guard offensively.

The Knicks have very few of those.

But, Julius Randle developing his jump shot has made him a lot more valuable. He did not have that in his game when he signed with the Knicks.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks got a bunch of power forwards. That position is basically extinct in the modern NBA.

What you need are big wings that can guard bigger players but still play like a guard offensively.

The Knicks have very few of those.

But, Julius Randle developing his jump shot has made him a lot more valuable. He did not have that in his game when he signed with the Knicks.
How could a poster sound so right , be so wrong!

knicks , bunch of power forwards? Who Portis?

Randle , admitted recently in interview , apologized to Knick fans that mentally his head was not in the game last year! Where do you come up with this shit that he didn’t have a jump shot. Dam son...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA standings stand by my argument ...

the 3 has leveled the playing field .

Every game I watch, only the uniform colors , ehhh, stand out!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could a poster sound so right , be so wrong!

knicks , bunch of power forwards? Who Portis?

Randle , admitted recently in interview , apologized to Knick fans that mentally his head was not in the game last year! Where do you come up with this shit that he didn’t have a jump shot. Dam son...

Are you serious?

Prior to this season, Julius Randle had 1 season shooting better than 28% from 3 and that wasn’t with the Knicks. He was also a low 70s FT shooter prior to this season.

He used his long off season well. But he definitively could not shoot prior to this year. He is currently 41% from 3 and over 80 from the line. That is an astounding leap.

He is literally a completely different player because of his new found shooting skill. That was the knock on him before. And if he keeps it up, he will be a legitimately good, all star caliber player that the Knicks haven’t had in a long time.

And no, that does not make you correct in any way shape or form.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Prior to this season, Julius Randle had 1 season shooting better than 28% from 3 and that wasn’t with the Knicks. He was also a low 70s FT shooter prior to this season.

He used his long off season well. But he definitively could not shoot prior to this year. He is currently 41% from 3 and over 80 from the line. That is an astounding leap.

He is literally a completely different player because of his new found shooting skill. That was the knock on him before. And if he keeps it up, he will be a legitimately good, all star caliber player that the Knicks haven’t had in a long time.

I know why he's no longer a Laker. But he was my favorite from the young guys,.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Lol, I have no idea what role Randle played on other teams...

maybe, he couldn’t handle the pressure playing for a team where he wasn’t the star player.

kind of ironic that he is now!

to say he worked on his shot the year he had off is amateur at best.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to a good game tonight @ MSG between my 2 favorite teams.
I’m good with whoever wins, but would prefer a Knicks victory.
Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint by way of a blowout or some other unforeseen stuff...(injury, +/or bad officiating)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe, he couldn’t handle the pressure playing for a team where he wasn’t the star player.

Or...

Like I said, he couldn’t shoot.

He was a terrible shooter last season with the Knicks too.

Then he apparently used the longest off season ever to get a lot better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what role Randle played on other teams...

He was my favorite among the young guys the Lakers had. He always played hard, he played physical, he busted his ass in the off-season to get in shape and be a better player. If memory serves, he used to bug the shit out of Kobe asking for pointers.

However, he was also more of a traditional power forward (and a small one at that) and that limited him. It limited him because, as tlance pointed out, he couldn't shoot beyond a few feet from the basket.

His transformation shooting the ball is remarkable. It looks like he followed Kobe's "1,000 shots a day" advice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

Julius Randle made 3 out of 18 3s in college. He shot 18 in 40 games. During his first 4 seasons in LA, he never attempted more than .9 a game and shot under 27% over that span.

And you actually believe that was because he couldn’t handle the pressure?

Really?

This a crystal clear example of skill improvement

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Julius Randle made 3 out of 18 3s in college. He shot 18 in 40 games. During his first 4 seasons in LA, he never attempted more than .9 a game and shot under 27% over that span.

And you actually believe that was because he couldn’t handle the pressure?

Really?

This a crystal clear example of skill improvement
You keep harping on the same shite , post after post... I’m not talking about the 3!

you are asphyxiated with the 3!

I’m talking about his J, fack the 3!

you going back to his college days???

if he’s throwin up more 3 ‘s. Now and hittin is because he’s got more confidence in himself!! What the hell is wrong with you!

that’s why he apologized to us Knick fans not you kyrie hater!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep harping on the same shite , post after post... I’m not talking about the 3!

you are asphyxiated with the 3!

I’m talking about his J, fack the 3!

you going back to his college days???

if he’s throwin up more 3 ‘s. Now and hittin is because he’s got more confidence in himself!! What the hell is wrong with you!

that’s why he apologized to us Knick fans not you kyrie hater!

OMG.

You are so clueless.

He is hitting more shots because he got better.

You even said you weren’t aware of his roles on other teams. You probably never watched him. Most of his shots before came on drives attacking the rim, floaters, runners and short jumpers.

Nobody with an ounce of knowledge would have described Julius Randle as a “good shooter” prior to this year.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh no!!!

Knicks fans just put the hex on Julius!!!!

Knick org. Picked him, welcoming back the fans at the Garden and the fans are yelling ‘MVP MVP MVP.

Will Randle Handle it. Clydism!!!!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG.

You are so clueless.

He is hitting more shots because he got better.

You even said you weren’t aware of his roles on other teams. You probably never watched him. Most of his shots before came on drives attacking the rim, floaters, runners and short jumpers.

Nobody with an ounce of knowledge would have described Julius Randle as a “good shooter” prior to this year.
F knowledge!

Talent , shows itself for some all the time, for others , environment , coach, teammates can bring it out!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONGRATS Julius!!!

Selected by coaches as an NBA ALL STAR!!!

Well deserved