• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were the coach, would you not demand the players you needed to succeed! Fizz dale is a puppet on a string!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were the coach, would you not demand the players you needed to succeed! Fizz dale is a puppet on a string!

You have zero understanding of how the NBA business works.

The second they struck out on KD and Kyrie it became all about cap space for 2021. So they did what they could and signed the best they could find on short term deals. They should be following the Nets blue print of building a cache of young cost controlled assets (Robinson, Knox, Barrett) + whoever they land in the next 2 drafts to possibly attract a couple big names from the star studded 2021 class.

They will probably screw it up because the are the Knicks, but that is what they should be trying to do.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So all it takes to be a successful NBA coach is just telling your players to succeed?

Shit, I'm ready to take over for Frank Vogel and coach the Lakers right now.

In fact, the Lakers can save themselves a lot of money by just firing all of their coaches and hiring me. I'll just tell them all to succeed and voila', a title.

If they are losing a game...I'll call time out and remind them that they are supposed to be succeeding.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have zero understanding of how the NBA business works.

The second they struck out on KD and Kyrie it became all about cap space for 2021. So they did what they could and signed the best they could find on short term deals. They should be following the Nets blue print of building a cache of young cost controlled assets (Robinson, Knox, Barrett) + whoever they land in the next 2 drafts to possibly attract a couple big names from the star studded 2021 class.

They will probably screw it up because the are the Knicks, but that is what they should be trying to do.

I don’t want to know how the NBA works, because the players call the shots, no pun intended. If the league does not take it back. You will have less and less interest in it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all it takes to be a successful NBA coach is just telling your players to succeed?

In fact, the Lakers can save themselves a lot of money by just firing all of their coaches and hiring me. I'll just tell them all to succeed and voila', a title.

If they are losing a game...I'll call time out and remind them that they are supposed to be succeeding.

Finally you get it! Anyone can coach an NBA team. When the strategy is, ISO’s and 3’s. What experience is needed. There was a final score the other day of 159-158. Lol. History of ALL major sports is defense win championships. Today is nothing but showboating! That’s why there is more interest in the NCAA then the NBA.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No dummy he means all you have to do is demand your front office give you the players to succeed. If you don't do that you aren't a good coach. Duh.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally you get it! Anyone can coach an NBA team. When the strategy is, ISO’s and 3’s. What experience is needed. There was a final score the other day of 159-158. Lol. History of ALL major sports is defense win championships. Today is nothing but showboating! That’s why there is more interest in the NCAA then the NBA.
Every word in this post is wrong, including "of" and "the"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of the fans in the Cavs successful seasons. Any loss they would say they lacked energy (and of course blamed the coach). Fugured that was great as they would win any game they wanted as long as they tried really hard.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to know how the NBA works, because the players call the shots, no pun intended. If the league does not take it back. You will have less and less interest in it.

Then maybe you should stop posting here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a hockey fan....why you wont find me in hockey forums.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are shooting 67% at the free throw line... worst. In league. You can see how fizz dale with a challenged roster emphasizes the fundamentals . Always a sign of a good coach

See any maturing of the young players ? Like Knox? Another sign of a good coach!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, how does bug eyed Portis not score at will, imagine cuttin this dude off the cold cut buffet line?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Knicks fans are so disgusted they aren't even booing anymore"
-Knicks announcer Mike Breen during the 3rd period of yesterday's game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep all showboating & no defense. That's why the Toronto Raptors were the # 2 in defense during the regular season & # 1 in defense during the playoffs last year (stats.nba.com). Good call there.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep all showboating & no defense. That's why the Toronto Raptors were the # 2 in defense during the regular season & # 1 in defense during the playoffs last year (stats.nba.com). Good call there.

Not really a great defensive argument though, as the Raptors got to the top largely on the backs of two throwback players from the Spurs system. That 159-158 game in REGULATION was pretty ridiculous I have to admit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a great defensive argument though, as the Raptors got to the top largely on the backs of two throwback players from the Spurs system. That 159-158 game in REGULATION was pretty ridiculous I have to admit.

So going by actual defensive rankings is invalid? :pound:Alrighty then. Thanks for the laugh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going by actual defensive rankings is invalid? :pound:Alrighty then. Thanks for the laugh.

His point was the league in general isn't defending as it used to. What the Raptors did last year doesn't change the view of the league in general. Scoring is definitely up in the modern era and most teams do not defend like the Raptors did last year.

It's not just the NBA either; the NFL and MLB seem to push offense over defense with every rule change as well. It's all about entertainment value.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point was the league in general isn't defending as it used to. What the Raptors did last year doesn't change the view of the league in general. Scoring is definitely up in the modern era and most teams do not defend like the Raptors did last year.

It's not just the NBA either; the NFL and MLB seem to push offense over defense with every rule change as well. It's all about entertainment value.

You tried to diminish what the Raptors did last year because Kawhi & Green are no longer there. That's simply insane.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tried to diminish what the Raptors did last year because Kawhi & Green are no longer there. That's simply insane. The defensive rankings (regular season & playoffs) say it all.

You're reaching. That wasn't my intent whatsoever. I mentioned Kawhi and Green's throwback style (and ties to the throwback tendencies of the Spurs) to show that the Raptors defensive success wasn't indicative of the modern NBA as a whole.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fizzdale will be fired in 30 days or less