• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've certainly upgraded, but lost depth in the process. This is their team moving forward, as they don't have much in the way of draft capital to make more adjustments. Smaller deals could still be in the works (maybe a MitchRob trade?), but they'll have to give up quality to get quality without 1sts to sway the difference. The 1 tradeable 1st they have left is pretty well protected, might be viewed more as a future 2nd.

Losing Hartenstein will hurt IMO. KAT is an offensive upgrade, but not at rebounding or interior defense.
Let’s see

Bridges should make up for the loss in donte

Randle vs KAT. Sort of a push?

Hartenstein, guy was in right place and right time for his career.. can he do it again for his new team, who knows what his role will be?

His loss is Knicks biggest concern

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Knicks fans are believing the season is much more fun.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious…

Frank Nikktklinna played for the Knicks 1 year when I called him a bust

A proffesional NBA team talentless, ok

Kobe had to threatened Randle in LA to work on his game

Has Fizdale been hired as a head coach since being fired by the Knicks? Answer is NO

Thibs, y’all crack on him more than I have with regards to him running his regs into the ground during reg season

I crack on him for the FACT that he’s not much of a strategist

Proving me right.

Cant admit when you are wrong.

Lots of good coaches never get a chance to coach in the NBA.

Never said Fizdale was great. I said he was not the problem in NY.

And I don’t expect him to get another chance as a head coach. He had 2 and he took the wrong job.

And while we crack on Thibs, you are the only one who has said he should be fired.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proving me right.

Cant admit when you are wrong.

Lots of good coaches never get a chance to coach in the NBA.

Never said Fizdale was great. I said he was not the problem in NY.

And I don’t expect him to get another chance as a head coach. He had 2 and he took the wrong job.

And while we crack on Thibs, you are the only one who has said he should be fired.
I have absolutely no problem admitting I’m 100% wrong

Find me a post where I have been

You are NOT a New Yorker, nor are you a Knicks fans so where do you get off acting like you know all the goings on with the Knick org . And, calling for Thibs to be fired is a common call for a Knicks fan when you haven’t won shit in over 50 years . Thibs has never won a championship as a head coach and he has been fired before so it goes with the territory. But in all seriousness, I like thibs! He’s a good coach, will he win a ring here in NY? Doubt it

Why don’t you stop making a fool of yourself, I have posted a 1000 times the Knicks suck, JC look at the thread title , to post Fizdale is not the problem is beyond ridiculous. He was a big part of it!

He got hired in Memphis before the Knicks , Memphis had made the PS like 5 10 years in a row before his hiring and didn’t make it under his watch in his first year and was fired from there immediately!

lol , you’re funny man. Now, you say fizdale won’t be hired…

Who’s proving who right? lol

Don’t quit your day job bro…

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don’t you stop making a fool of yourself, I have posted a 1000 times the Knicks suck, JC look at the thread title , to post Fizdale is not the problem is beyond ridiculous. He was a big part of it!

He got hired in Memphis before the Knicks , Memphis had made the PS like 5 10 years in a row before his hiring and didn’t make it under his watch in his first year and was fired from there immediately!
Fizdale did make the playoffs his first year in Memphis, the team had over a .500 record that season. He was fired shortly into the second season after a losing streak and benching Marc Gasol, you know, disciplining players which you say you like. The Grizz went on to have an even worse winning percentage than when Fizdale was fired under JB Bickerstaff, a coach that is generally thought of as decent (I sure hope so for the Pistons).

Then hired by the Knicks. Go back and look at the rosters that he had to work with and tell me any coach could win with what he had. No one was saying Fizz was a hall of fame coach, just that he wasn't the major problem with the team. The same season the Knicks fired Fizz they also fired their president Mills and replaced him with Rose and that has made all the difference for the Knicks.

Agian, no one was saying Fizdale was a great coach and would be the guy to have around when the got a decent roster, just that to place the blame on him when the roster was absolute trash was misguided.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fizdale did make the playoffs his first year in Memphis, the team had over a .500 record that season. He was fired shortly into the second season after a losing streak and benching Marc Gasol, you know, disciplining players which you say you like. The Grizz went on to have an even worse winning percentage than when Fizdale was fired under JB Bickerstaff, a coach that is generally thought of as decent (I sure hope so for the Pistons).

Then hired by the Knicks. Go back and look at the rosters that he had to work with and tell me any coach could win with what he had. No one was saying Fizz was a hall of fame coach, just that he wasn't the major problem with the team. The same season the Knicks fired Fizz they also fired their president Mills and replaced him with Rose and that has made all the difference for the Knicks.

Agian, no one was saying Fizdale was a great coach and would be the guy to have around when the got a decent roster, just that to place the blame on him when the roster was absolute trash was misguided.

Unfortunately, pastathefool isn't smart enough to understand this. Too many clipboards to the head apparently.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even worse!!!

He gets fired after only 1 year with Memphis because an already ESTABLISHED team , not a TALENTLESS as T lance called the knicks , gets knocked out in 1st round . Terrible

So yes , I was wrong about not gettin to playoffs however his complete ineffectiveness as a head coach was clearly obvious then.

Soon after , he gets hired by a much less talented team and has same results after a year. Fired !

And it’s funny how you guys NOW say ya never said he was a great coach, lol , what y’all did say he was NOT getting fired . Which he did and pretty much to the day that I posted he would.

No one in this thread ever said he was a great coach! Ya said he wasn’t to blame, which is ridiculous because he’s an NBA coach and he has a responsibility to make the team better anyway he could. He didn’t , he made matters worse wherever he was and that’s why till now he’s not been given another shot at it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you completely misquote everyone. No one said Fizdale is a great coach and no one said he wasn't getting fired. We said he was a good coach that was wrongly getting the blame and would likely get fired even though no one could coach that shitty roster to any winning.

With Memphis he inherited a roster that had clearly run its course and he actually improved, very slightly on the performance of the previous year.

Then you ignore the two most important points in my post. 1) When Fizdale was replaced in Memphis the team actually performed even worse than it had under him and it took years for the team to get back to where they were. 2)Fizdale was not the only casualty the year the Knicks fired him; they also fired management, which is what everyone told you was the real problem with the Knicks. And look, with new management they suddenly built a better roster and could grow into a competitive team.

Yet again, no one was saying Fizdale was great, but he was not the problem with the Knickerbockers at that point in the team's development.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it’s funny how you guys NOW say ya never said he was a great coach, lol , what y’all did say he was NOT getting fired . Which he did and pretty much to the day that I posted he would.

This bullshit is going to get you bounced out of here. If you have to continually lie about what has been said to debate something, you don't belong here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have absolutely no problem admitting I’m 100% wrong

Find me a post where I have been

You are NOT a New Yorker, nor are you a Knicks fans so where do you get off acting like you know all the goings on with the Knick org . And, calling for Thibs to be fired is a common call for a Knicks fan when you haven’t won shit in over 50 years . Thibs has never won a championship as a head coach and he has been fired before so it goes with the territory. But in all seriousness, I like thibs! He’s a good coach, will he win a ring here in NY? Doubt it

lol , you’re funny man. Now, you say fizdale won’t be hired…

Who’s proving who right? lol

Don’t quit your day job bro…

laughingsmiley.gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you completely misquote everyone. No one said Fizdale is a great coach and no one said he wasn't getting fired. We said he was a good coach that was wrongly getting the blame and would likely get fired even though no one could coach that shitty roster to any winning.

With Memphis he inherited a roster that had clearly run its course and he actually improved, very slightly on the performance of the previous year.

Then you ignore the two most important points in my post. 1) When Fizdale was replaced in Memphis the team actually performed even worse than it had under him and it took years for the team to get back to where they were. 2)Fizdale was not the only casualty the year the Knicks fired him; they also fired management, which is what everyone told you was the real problem with the Knicks. And look, with new management they suddenly built a better roster and could grow into a competitive team.

Yet again, no one was saying Fizdale was great, but he was not the problem with the Knickerbockers at that point in the team's development.
I haven’t misquoted anyone

Y’all fought me on everything I posted , now you’re telling me you just ignored my calling out for him to be fired?

And you still won’t admit fizdale can’t coach , lol , talk about can’t admit you’re wrong..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y’all fought me on everything I posted , now you’re telling me you just ignored my calling out for him to be fired?

And you still won’t admit fizdale can’t coach , lol , talk about can’t admit you’re wrong..

It's still funny you said bigtime FA's are afraid to play for the Knicks because of the NY media.

Hey maybe the reason bigtime players don't wanna play for the Knicks has nothing to do with the jackass owner and it's really about MSG being in a bad neighborhood?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA superstar signings are very rare

There ls what , 30 teams in the NBA

So the Knicks are no longer the destination as well as the 29 other teams they decided not to sign with that rare year.

The 1 superstar that was available signs where, Miami , clippers , lol , and Dolan is the sole reason why , lol. Ok

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y’all fought me on everything I posted , now you’re telling me you just ignored my calling out for him to be fired? Y

We all knew Fizdale was getting fired, the team was pathetic and they can't fire the players. We fought you because you said the problem was Fizdale when it was the roster. For the last time no one claimed Fizdale was a great coach, just that he wasn't the problem. you might want to go see a doctor if you are not already under treatment, you seem to have a terrible memory, comprehension, and learning disability.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have zero understanding of how the NBA business works.

The second they struck out on KD and Kyrie it became all about cap space for 2021. So they did what they could and signed the best they could find on short term deals. They should be following the Nets blue print of building a cache of young cost controlled assets (Robinson, Knox, Barrett) + whoever they land in the next 2 drafts to possibly attract a couple big names from the star studded 2021 class.

They will probably screw it up because the are the Knicks, but that is what they should be trying to do.
Here’s the other genius calling Robinson Knox and Barret assets on a talentless team