• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper/McShay combined Mock

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr is listed at 255, Ware at 258. So why give Donald the Glover comparison, but not Barr to Ware. I just don't like focusing as anything above Football talent. I would like to see Barr be a 270lbs guy instead, but he just isn't. So you just have to decide if the guy sitting there is worth a pick or not. I think he is, but millions of people from fans to draft gurus to GMs probably don't think he is. That is what makes this fun and when you look at people's ranking, why they aren't homogenous. Heck, I'd take Crichton or Hageman with our pick and I'm sure most would go crazy if we did that at #16.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr is listed at 255, Ware at 258. So why give Donald the Glover comparison, but not Barr to Ware. I just don't like focusing as anything above Football talent. I would like to see Barr be a 270lbs guy instead, but he just isn't. So you just have to decide if the guy sitting there is worth a pick or not. I think he is, but millions of people from fans to draft gurus to GMs probably don't think he is. That is what makes this fun and when you look at people's ranking, why they aren't homogenous. Heck, I'd take Crichton or Hageman with our pick and I'm sure most would go crazy if we did that at #16.

I'd be fine with Hageman at 16, not to Crichton. But aren't you arguing against your take on Frederick last year?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me everytime we draft an athletic player & then put him in a position he doesn't play. We get burned. When we drafted a stanbach or Dantler or whoever. Seems we were doing it every year for awhile. Why we draft this guy.... because he is one of the best athletes in the draft. Well they simply never meet expectations. So I have to agree with with Twist on this one. Don't need a 1st round project IMO. there is a lot of technique to a pass rushing DE. So he may become a quality DE 3 or so years down the road, but as Jerry & most GMs say. You are drafting a 1st rounder to make an immediate impact. So unless they plan on him playing LB for us, I would just go a different direction.

I agree as well. I am tired of projects. Projects are for teams who can wait a few years on that project. However, the Cowboys need a day 1 starter at 16 like Donald or or Clinton-Dix. Not sold on Wilcox. I don't want any projects or reaches this year except possibly in round 7.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree as well. I am tired of projects. Projects are for teams who can wait a few years on that project. However, the Cowboys need a day 1 starter at 16 like Donald or or Clinton-Dix. Not sold on Wilcox. I don't want any projects or reaches this year except possibly in round 7.

At some point you have to give a 3rd pick like Wilcox a chance to prove himself. The kid had a rough year he lost his Mom & he got injured not to mention this is only his 3rd yr playing safety. I am willing to see if he can get the job done this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr vs. Top Pass-Rushers at the Combine
Height, Weight 40 Time Bench 3-Cone
Anthony Barr (UCLA) 6'5", 255 4.66 15 6.82
Khalil Mack (Buffalo) 6'3", 251 4.65 23 7.08
Jadeveon Clowney (S. Carolina) 6'6", 266 4.53 21 7.27
Ryan Shazier (Ohio State) 6'1", 237 4.38* 25 6.91
Dee Ford (Auburn)* 6'2", 252 4.59 29 7.07
NFL.com ( * indicates Pro Day)

Think you might want to rethink putting him on the strong side as a linebacker.

There's a reason Rod likes this kid as a DE. At 6'5'', 255 with great speed and quickness, this kid will easily grow to 265-270 over the next few years while keeping his speed. This kid averaged nearly a sack a game the last 2 seasons while learning the position. With a guy like Rod coaching him up, look out....

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason Rod likes this kid as a DE. At 6'5'', 255 with great speed and quickness, this kid will easily grow to 265-270 over the next few years while keeping his speed. This kid averaged nearly a sack a game the last 2 seasons while learning the position. With a guy like Rod coaching him up, look out....

Does anyone know how long Rod will be around? There is a good chance we may have a whole new coaching staff next year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point you have to give a 3rd pick like Wilcox a chance to prove himself. The kid had a rough year he lost his Mom & he got injured not to mention this is only his 3rd yr playing safety. I am willing to see if he can get the job done this year.

I really don't think Jerry will go Safety early. I could be wrong, but I think he see's Church as an answer, and would like to give another shot to Wilcox and Matt Johnson. I think Jerry is going to take an OL, a WR, and a shitload of front 7 players

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think Jerry will go Safety early. I could be wrong, but I think he see's Church as an answer, and would like to give another shot to Wilcox and Matt Johnson. I think Jerry is going to take an OL, a WR, and a shitload of front 7 players

That would make too much sense for Jerry to do....

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I remember people wanting Watt a few years back and I was screaming heck no- a Wisconsin DLineman. He was taken 11th- so obviously I was wrong as were about 9 other GMs. Im sure one got a good pick before that- cant rememeber. Was that Smiths yr or Claibornes? Anyway there is definitely some risk. Watt may be a one of a kind player. I just know its going to be fun watching this year

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I remember people wanting Watt a few years back and I was screaming heck no- a Wisconsin DLineman. He was taken 11th- so obviously I was wrong as were about 9 other GMs. Im sure one got a good pick before that- cant rememeber. Was that Smiths yr or Claibornes? Anyway there is definitely some risk. Watt may be a one of a kind player. I just know its going to be fun watching this year

He was in Smith's draft class. The Boyz made out pretty good :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Ware was always a DE .... we converted him to a passing rushing OLBer ..... Which is much easier than converting Rb/ 2nd lber to a DE

Look at the strength difference with Ware 27 reps almost double the strength.

Hell compared to Barrs strength .... we might as well convert Harris to defensive end and get him on the field more.
Hell he can beef up a little as well and learn a new position

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones considers J.J. Wilcox the favorite for the starting safety job opposite Barry Church.
"My thoughts are that he’s really got a chance, if he goes back to playing like he had been in training camp and how he was playing toward the end of the year, to be the guy opposite Church," Jones said. A 2013 third-round pick, Wilcox lost his starting job to Jeff Heath in Week 8 and never regained it. There's currently no real competition for Wilcox on the roster outside of an injury-prone Matt Johnson, but the Cowboys could upgrade at safety in the early rounds of next week's draft.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice video on him ... first half is highlights Second half is weaknesses.

If a tackle gets his hands on him he's pretty much done...... and we are talking college tackles. NFL tackles?? ........ No way I would take him at 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhV06tGJp6k

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious comparisons that the Mcshay and Kipers of the world are seeing in Barr is to call him this year's Dion Jordan. I actually think he's more aware and a bit faster to react than Jordan, but it is concerning when you see comparisons being made to guys like this and you have few points to argue against.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the obvious comparisons that the Mcshay and Kipers of the world are seeing in Barr is to call him this year's Dion Jordan. I actually think he's more aware and a bit faster to react than Jordan, but it is concerning when you see comparisons being made to guys like this and you have few points to argue against.

I hope no one is taking me wrong. I think he would be fine in a 3-4 right away. But would still have to gain some strength and learn to do something other than speed rush even there.

I'm not worried about him wearing down in the 4-3 I'm worried about his strength and lack or anything other than a speed rush.

I don't think the high risk high reward that comes with him is something the COWBOYS should risk with all the depth in this draft and us needing so many pieces.

And I have said many times........ I think the reason we haven't won is because we have been paying too many "superstar players" and not enough SOLID players.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope no one is taking me wrong. I think he would be fine in a 3-4 right away. But would still have to gain some strength and learn to do something other than speed rush even there.

I'm not worried about him wearing down in the 4-3 I'm worried about his strength and lack or anything other than a speed rush.

I don't think the high risk high reward that comes with him is something the COWBOYS should risk with all the depth in this draft and us needing so many pieces.

And I have said many times........ I think the reason we haven't won is because we have been paying too many "superstar players" and not enough SOLID players.

I can agree here. The question is do we plan on trying to win now with Romo or do build for the future without regard to the current roster. If we want to try to get Romo and Witten a ring then Barr may be the wrong choice.

The thing is we don't know how these players translate to the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree here. The question is do we plan on trying to win now with Romo or do build for the future without regard to the current roster. If we want to try to get Romo and Witten a ring then Barr may be the wrong choice.

The thing is we don't know how these players translate to the NFL.

I think the teams that do well in the draft just take the best player on the board. Now if there are three guys sitting there that they rate 7.6, you should certainly take the one that fits the biggest need. But if there are three 7.2's, and a 7.7, you'd damn well better take the one you have rated the highest, or you're gonna have a lot of regrets. Even where we are today. The very LAST thing any Cowboys fan would want to see is another early TE. But if the Cowboys scouts thought there was a kid that was without a doubt the next Jason Witten, and we passed the kid, we'd all be on here murdering them in 5 years for not taking the All Pro they had rated highest on their board

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Hageman at 16, not to Crichton. But aren't you arguing against your take on Frederick last year?

How? I wanted someone else first and thought we could get him In The 2nd (or 3rd). Never had a problem with the player, just how we ended up with him. To me it's always been about Floyd, Reid or whomever versus Escobar.

Anyway, I don't even understand the comparison you are making

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know how long Rod will be around? There is a good chance we may have a whole new coaching staff next year.

LOL that is a pretty good point, but I refuse to acknowledge it!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ware was always a DE .... we converted him to a passing rushing OLBer ..... Which is much easier than converting Rb/ 2nd lber to a DE

Look at the strength difference with Ware 27 reps almost double the strength.

Hell compared to Barrs strength .... we might as well convert Harris to defensive end and get him on the field more.
Hell he can beef up a little as well and learn a new position

Not true IMO. Easier to make an OLB a DE than the other way around. DE is a MUCH simpler position.

I'm not sure how often you bench press, but that isn't a good indicator of strength. Kid has long arms. I wouldn't expect him to do too many reps compared to some other guys, but would have expected a little more than that. Like I said, the combine is mostly just about interviews for me. We'll see what happens. For me hopefully it's as a Cowboy, obviously for you hopefully it's with an opponent!