• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kinsler

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTF?

Tough loss today, but the dude has 7 hits in his last 7 days (28 AB) and 5 of them are HRs. He has 28 and tied for Nelly. Crazy.

MelonCabron

Bastardo Magnifico
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of wonder why Kinsler doesn't bat second? I mean if he's got that much pop, especially of late, why not put him 2nd, more protection for Hamilton than Andrus, with more of a chance to drive in runs with the long ball. Andrus also has a better BA and same OBP, but with more SBs which will set up Hamilton and the rest to drive him in.

Wow, baseball really does have too many acronyms.

Anyway, am I missing something?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Andrus is finally showing an ability to hit with some authority AND take a walk, I'd consider it

2 years ago he showed a little pop, but not much patience,

Last year ZERO pop, but much improved plate discipline

This year the power has improved some and recently the plate discipline has been phenomenal, but it took most of the year for that part of his game to turn it around

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Andrus is finally showing an ability to hit with some authority AND take a walk, I'd consider it

2 years ago he showed a little pop, but not much patience,

Last year ZERO pop, but much improved plate discipline

This year the power has improved some and recently the plate discipline has been phenomenal, but it took most of the year for that part of his game to turn it around

it's a thought but 1 that they may look at next season

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess uppercutting every strike you see can be beneficial for 7 games out of 162. I'd keep him in the leadoff spot, he still draws a lot of walks and Elvis has been hitting better lately.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that Wash is going to make a change anytime between now and 1 April ... but the way things playing out right now until Cruz is ready to return I'd go with ...

1 Andrus
2 Murphy (or Young)
3 Kinsler
4 Napoli
5 Hamilton
6 Young (or Beltre)
7 Beltre (or Murphy)
8 Torrealba
9 Chavez/Gentry

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess uppercutting every strike you see can be beneficial for 7 games out of 162. I'd keep him in the leadoff spot, he still draws a lot of walks and Elvis has been hitting better lately.

Can't argue with Kinsler's on base % or his slugging %. The guy has MVP talent in my opinion. Have said that many times. He just hasn't put every aspect of his game together at once. His defense is second to none. He has power. He has speed. He has the ability to hit the ball in the gaps and he walks a ton. The only thing is for him to get that average up some. If he does that then he will be a juggernaut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree, which is why he pisses me off so much. He needs to learn that hitting a single or driving the ball to right field is okay.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree, which is why he pisses me off so much. He needs to learn that hitting a single or driving the ball to right field is okay.

He's actually gotten better about that lateley. He hit a couple of smashes to right field against Bostong, and Frankly when he is seeing the ball as well as he is right now and hitting 7HR in 7 games, I don't really want him to change anything. I just wish there was some people on in front of him once in a while for some of those leadoff homeruns.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually gotten better about that lateley. He hit a couple of smashes to right field against Bostong, and Frankly when he is seeing the ball as well as he is right now and hitting 7HR in 7 games, I don't really want him to change anything. I just wish there was some people on in front of him once in a while for some of those leadoff homeruns.

Yup, but the fastball will stop coming soon enough. I think when it does, you will see a lot of grounders. Right now as long as they are trying to blow one by him, let him keep parking them in the cheap seats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think there'd be a textbook way to pitch against Ian by now. Yet they still keep hanging that inside fastball on him. True, a lot of them end up being harmless flyballs, but still.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All I know is he has super quick hands and he turns on a inside fastball as good as anyone in the bigs. I also like him leading off and having some pop in that spot. Nothing like a pitcher having to worry about a 1-0 score after one hitter. Something that pitchers dont have to worry about with Elvis in that spot.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now he's keeping his swing fairly level and he's driving the ball. hopefully he keeps it that way for the rest of the season & the playoffs