• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kingsbury to USC as OC

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have Kelly who's pretty unlikeable even when winning. Clays faults are with winning not with him as a person.
I wouldn't say he's unlikeable. Them's fighting words!!! I can badmouth ND and Kelly all I want, but you, sir, have gone over that line

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say he's unlikeable. Them's fighting words!!! I can badmouth ND and Kelly all I want, but you, sir, have gone over that line
Lol. I don't think I've ever talked to an Irish fan who likes Kelly. Some can tolerate him if he's winning but most agree he's an ass.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I don't think I've ever talked to an Irish fan who likes Kelly. Some can tolerate him if he's winning but most agree he's an ass.
Charlie Weis was an ass. Kelly is ok. Makes odd decisions every once in a while, but has gotten better with age.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their head coach is still Clay Helton.
Kinda hoping their just buying a year to leave Helton on a Tarmac. Go with KK as coach. Or hopefully retain KK and make another solid hire like this one at HC.I may never see what some do in Helton he was carried by some key players his first 2 years. Team was a disaster across the board last year on and off the field

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their head coach is still Clay Helton.
I don't see the comparison between Helton and Kelly. Different coaching styles and personalities. Lets break it down this way. I may've Bama a hard time but y'all have a real coach.SO lets compare Helton o a real coach.

If Saban has a center that cant snap the ball. Consistantly causing turnovers,causing broken plays. His biggest improvement was snapping the ball into his ass taking a penalty rather than the you have to close yur eyes and hope for the best when the snap is coming. Is Saban going to continue playing that center because he's a senior and wants to be "loyal"? My guess is hell no

If the refs botch a clear safety that plays a major role in the momentum of a game. Is Saban going to sit there like a lump? Fuck no

Does Saban need his AD to tell him to fire a guy because his Oline is a mess? Or hire an OC for him because the offense is a disaster? nope

If Saban has players taking dumb personal fouls, You better believe he's talking to that player or sitting him for a bit

Helton lost the bulk of his secondary before the season began due to disciplinary issues.

His practices are awful and translate to sloppy play join the field

Made several bad calls that in essence cost them games i.e. Stanford etc. There's a reason SC let teams back in games they lost.

Theres a massive amount of examples. Helton is a good guy. Had some great players for two years. Juju,Adoree,Darnold,Nwosu.....That carried him. SC has had some top recruiting classes since Helton but he cant get them to perform. Nice guy but not a head coach imo

Best case they wait out a year of the bad contract. Take less of a hit on the buy out and move on to KK or another actual coach imo

If we get really lucky Urban is feeling better by 2020 and KK stays

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the comparison between Helton and Kelly. Different coaching styles and personalities. Lets break it down this way. I may've Bama a hard time but y'all have a real coach.SO lets compare Helton o a real coach.

If Saban has a center that cant snap the ball. Consistantly causing turnovers,causing broken plays. His biggest improvement was snapping the ball into his ass taking a penalty rather than the you have to close yur eyes and hope for the best when the snap is coming. Is Saban going to continue playing that center because he's a senior and wants to be "loyal"? My guess is hell no

If the refs botch a clear safety that plays a major role in the momentum of a game. Is Saban going to sit there like a lump? Fuck no

Does Saban need his AD to tell him to fire a guy because his Oline is a mess? Or hire an OC for him because the offense is a disaster? nope

If Saban has players taking dumb personal fouls, You better believe he's talking to that player or sitting him for a bit

Helton lost the bulk of his secondary before the season began due to disciplinary issues.

His practices are awful and translate to sloppy play join the field

Made several bad calls that in essence cost them games i.e. Stanford etc. There's a reason SC let teams back in games they lost.

Theres a massive amount of examples. Helton is a good guy. Had some great players for two years. Juju,Adoree,Darnold,Nwosu.....That carried him. SC has had some top recruiting classes since Helton but he cant get them to perform. Nice guy but not a head coach imo

Best case they wait out a year of the bad contract. Take less of a hit on the buy out and move on to KK or another actual coach imo

If we get really lucky Urban is feeling better by 2020 and KK stays
Think you might of quoted the wrong person.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually meant to quote both. Since you seem to have a solid view point on Helton as a coach imo
I didn't see the problem at USC being the Coordinators. It seems the team is unprepared a lot and the players aren't as in shape as other Top programs. That is all on the head man and discipline.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually meant to quote both. Since you seem to have a solid view point on Helton as a coach imo
I don't know if anyone was comparing the two in terms of philosophy, style, etc. Was more about the situation. Shitty year where you could have been canned, and instead, you clean out the cabinet and start new.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone was comparing the two in terms of philosophy, style, etc. Was more about the situation. Shitty year where you could have been canned, and instead, you clean out the cabinet and start new.
I just cant compare the situation because of styles etc. Signalbama said it best the majority of SC's problems fall directly on Helton's coaching style. Undisciplined,unprepared,out of shape. Add in a lot of really bad decisions during games and as far as personel. Nice guy but SC needs a coach if they want to get back to being SC imo

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant compare the situation because of styles etc. Signalbama said it best the majority of SC's problems fall directly on Helton's coaching style. Undisciplined,unprepared,out of shape. Add in a lot of really bad decisions during games and as far as personel. Nice guy but SC needs a coach if they want to get back to being SC imo
Well, 97.3% of what @SignalBama says is bullshit, so agree on. Just shows I'm better than you too.

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

42-14 wasn't Bullshit
Proves my point. 97.3% bullshit. We gave you a 21-0 lead in the first qtr. Was 14-14 the rest of the game. Then you got a TD in "garbage Time". Was basically a 14-14 game 97.3% of the time.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proves my point. 97.3% bullshit. We gave you a 21-0 lead in the first qtr. Was 14-14 the rest of the game. Then you got a TD in "garbage Time". Was basically a 14-14 game 97.3% of the time.
14-0 first quarter.

28-14 the rest of the game. That ND math.

But nah ND scored once against second teamers.