• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kilgore Update

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yikes!

not that Kilgore will save this O-line altogether, but any help we can get.

it might not only be Martin's individual play, maybe his line adjustments need more 'experience' too?

Yea, having Kilgore back might not solve everything but it does provide more options. From some of the comments I've read recently, Martin is really struggling at center. With Kilgore back, he could be moved to guard which might be better for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So overall its not looking good for Kilgore. That is not good news. I agree our Oline won't become great with him but he would help. This sucks. This is a throw away year.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So overall its not looking good for Kilgore. That is not good news. I agree our Oline won't become great with him but he would help. This sucks. This is a throw away year.

I thought that was last year??? Beh...that's not good news for the line.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore is supposedly still on schedule to come back after he is eligible to return. Have to wonder what kind of shape he is in and whether that foot will be ready to withstand the rigors of playing football.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean next year the Line should be better with Kilgore and if AD comes back. Then we take a Guard in the 2nd Rd to help out and resign Boone. our 1st rd pick depending where we are we get a QB or a MLB(J. Smith is my dream pick from ND). Him and Bowman would be scary.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean next year the Line should be better with Kilgore and if AD comes back. Then we take a Guard in the 2nd Rd to help out and resign Boone. our 1st rd pick depending where we are we get a QB or a MLB(J. Smith is my dream pick from ND). Him and Bowman would be scary.

we already know where we are at QB, we knew LAST year.

the 1st round depends if there is a QB that fits our scheme, is solid value, and hence our BPA? we're likely drafting higher than last season and coupled with extra draft picks, could move up? Yes, draft picks could always fail, especially QB's, but you can't keep on with Kaep.

Don't think Kaep is a bad QB, but the inconsistency is too high.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the 1st round depends if there is a QB that fits our scheme, is solid value, and hence our BPA? we're likely drafting higher than last season and coupled with extra draft picks, could move up? Yes, draft picks could always fail, especially QB's, but you can't keep on with Kaep.

LOL, do we even know what our scheme is yet and even if we do is this coaching staff going to be around long enough to where it really matters? Unfortunately as we look into the future nothing looks permanent right now.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate times on the offensive line. I was reading comments on Ninernation. One guy suggested getting Jonathan Martin from retirement. I LOLed. Then I thought about it. Could be better than what we have now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desperate times on the offensive line. I was reading comments on Ninernation. One guy suggested getting Jonathan Martin from retirement. I LOLed. Then I thought about it. Could be better than what we have now.

Hell no. I would rather keep the young guys in there and see if they can play their way through it and dump Pears at the same time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing we do know u dont have to draft a 1st rd QB to find a good QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, do we even know what our scheme is yet and even if we do is this coaching staff going to be around long enough to where it really matters? Unfortunately as we look into the future nothing looks permanent right now.

yes, this is true. guess there is still some 'experimenting', and tightening up left.

but don't see the coaching staff changing for another two years. so in the next draft, they'll continue to build on what they're doing.....whatever it ends up in a few more games?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, this is true. guess there is still some 'experimenting', and tightening up left.

but don't see the coaching staff changing for another two years. so in the next draft, they'll continue to build on what they're doing.....whatever it ends up in a few more games?

I think that would be the case. The expectations are pretty low and Tomsula is Jed's replacement so if they end up canning Tomsula after just a season it would look really bad on Jed. I guess it could happen if the team just totally stunk it up the rest of season and ends up going 1-15 and there is a player mutiny. They might feel pressured to let him go. If the team continues to play the way it has the past couple of weeks, you never know.