• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we should debate the competency of your front office who is dismantling a yearly contender

Make that Chip Kelly...he's clearly behind these deals.

IMO he will be run out of Philly on a rail after the '16 season if these deals don't work.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly took over a team that went 8-8 and 4-12 the previous two seasons. they were 10-6 both years under him. this is with serious QB issues and a mediocre at best defense that needed (and clearly still needs) to be cleaned up. not to mention that the eagles were supposed to be rebuilding. i'm pretty sure the guy knows what he is doing.

as for mccoy.. flash behind a great o-line. if he gets to open space, he's barry sanders. when he doesn't? he's a joke. he was consistently bitched at for not hitting the hole and just dancing in the backfield, especially when they only needed a yard or two. he will drop to the ground to avoid contact.

the eagles line and scheme can support any back with talent. does that mean they will automatically do what mccoy could? no. but the difference will not be significant. sproles did more damage last year and was crucial in the eagles great start. polk was used for tough yards. the eagles are better off if they can get a bruising back willing to run north/south.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we should debate the competency of your front office who is dismantling a yearly contender

Well Chip's never won a playoff game, so we might not really be "yearly contenders."

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chip's never won a playoff game, so we might not really be "yearly contenders."
I'm not sure why anyone would voluntarily rebuild. The draft is such a crapshoot that rebuilding may never happen.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens I believe this makes Alonso the 9th Oregon Duck Chip Kelly has brought in since being Philly's head coach.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why anyone would voluntarily rebuild. The draft is such a crapshoot that rebuilding may never happen.

Chip may be an ego maniac. Might have to be all his guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kelly took over a team that went 8-8 and 4-12 the previous two seasons. they were 10-6 both years under him. this is with serious QB issues and a mediocre at best defense that needed (and clearly still needs) to be cleaned up. not to mention that the eagles were supposed to be rebuilding. i'm pretty sure the guy knows what he is doing.

as for mccoy.. flash behind a great o-line. if he gets to open space, he's barry sanders. when he doesn't? he's a joke. he was consistently bitched at for not hitting the hole and just dancing in the backfield, especially when they only needed a yard or two. he will drop to the ground to avoid contact.

the eagles line and scheme can support any back with talent. does that mean they will automatically do what mccoy could? no. but the difference will not be significant. sproles did more damage last year and was crucial in the eagles great start. polk was used for tough yards. the eagles are better off if they can get a bruising back willing to run north/south.

What you're really saying is he could've gotten more than 1300+ yds. But Barry Sanders was the same way...he'd had negative plays, then bust one for 35 or 40, or 80...it happens to those type RBs...not ideally suited to get you 2 yards when the DEF knows you're going to run it. IMO McCoy will be missed, but if the DEF can be improved with the found cap money...the team will be better for it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Chip has realized that he could go 10-6 Ad infinitum by playing it safe, but that by taking some risks, he might win a championship?

Eagles fans, of all fan bases, should know that 10-6 doesn't mean squat. The Eagles in the past 30 years have enough NFC East title caps to field a couple of baseball teams. But they have zero rings.

Btw, how many rings does Adrian Peterson have? How much are the Patriots investing in running backs going into free agency? I think that answers the question of what the relative value of the RB is in the current game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens I believe this makes Alonso the 9th Oregon Duck Chip Kelly has brought in since being Philly's head coach.

He wanted to over-draft them all last year. He even succeeded on doing it in the 3rd round.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, how many rings does Adrian Peterson have? How much are the Patriots investing in running backs going into free agency? I think that answers the question of what the relative value of the RB is in the current game.

Adrian Peterson only ever had a QB one year. The Patriots have a QB every year. That doesn't answer shit.

BTW, elite runningback Marshawn Lynch has been to TWO Super Bowls in the last 2 years.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy was getting too cute with all his unnecessary spins, jukes and fake outs. He thought he was playing Madden or something. Instead of tucking the ball in and getting those extra yards... He was always trying to do some finesse move to make a big play when it only made things worse. There were so many times where he was running BACKWARDS in the wrong direction. You don't do that as a Running Back. That's an obvious sign that your RB is trying to do too much. Also, he was always running with The ball like it was a water bottle and was just swing his arm everywhere so defenders could just snatch it from him. He was playing too recklessly and tried way too hard to make big plays.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has as many rings as Legarrette Blount, signed by the Pats for the veterans' minimum.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Shady was doing all of those "wrong" things, he was busy racking up the most rushing yards of anyone since 2010. Yeah, what a bum!

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip just punched a whole in the offense by letting go McCoy & probably Maclin to follow? Your secondary is in shambles and he got rid of Cole!!! And now to my point, you can't throw good money after bad talent!!! Meaning overspending to fill holes in free agency now!!! Just because you have money to spend you still gotta choose wisely... It will be interesting to see how chip pulls this off??? And not to mention the idiotic rumor I keep hearing about trading Foles to move up in the draft to get Mariota!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two good players traded like this generally only happens in the NBA.

Shady is a much better player but I think Id rather have Alonso. RBs are a dime a dozen
Alonso missed the 2014 season because of a torn ACL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says you can't win now and rebuild on the fly?
That is the way to do it but there is usually some sort of larger, broader plan. When you announce that your best player isnt part of the larger, broader plan then you've completely shaken your locker room.

If Im a RB that gets drafted by the Eagles, I'm holding out because I know they aren't going to pay me a 2nd contract.

Also, disregard my initial thought of rather having Alonso. That comment clearly doesn't pass scrutiny.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps Chip has realized that he could go 10-6 Ad infinitum by playing it safe, but that by taking some risks, he might win a championship?

Eagles fans, of all fan bases, should know that 10-6 doesn't mean squat. The Eagles in the past 30 years have enough NFC East title caps to field a couple of baseball teams. But they have zero rings.

This is the second comparison you have made between the Eagles and the Patriots.:scratch:

The Patriots run the same offense as the Eagles..... Which is not true
The Patriots don't have a marquee running back, therefore the Eagles don't need one? I think that's the point you are trying to make.... which is also not true considering the Patriots have an elite NFL coach and as elite NFL QB.

The only thing we know is the Eagles are losing big time skill position players and Chip Kelly's offense is entirely designed around big time skill position players. The moves he is making are certainly peculiar and only time will tell if they work.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team has Jamaal Charles... remember the 2012 Chiefs offense?

QB's drive the offenses- even mediocre QB's. The Bills offense will still be bleh so long as EJ Manuel is there.
The Bills have acquired Matt Cassell from the Vikings.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills have acquired Matt Cassell from the Vikings.

Good times, at least I am not having to do this every Sunday anymore:

W0H0Wsy.gif