• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiffin or the NCAA sanctions, which hurt USC worse?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Kiffin forever.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the sanctions. This isn't the same USC type team that we have seen in the past. Recruiting is not there at this point. Kiffin does share some of the blame due to the play calling.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sanctions, obviously. That's the only reason they were forced to hire that piece of shit.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth due to sanctions.

Kiffin at least kept recruiting somewhat decent.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the sanctions. This isn't the same USC type team that we have seen in the past. Recruiting is not there at this point. Kiffin does share some of the blame due to the play calling.

Yeah, but how much of the Trojan machine we saw under Carrol was related to the LA glitz that he developed with the stars on the sideline, etc. I ask because the rules have changed and you can't do that any more, so they won't have that advantage in the future. USC was not very good for a long time ... I am wondering if this is going to be tougher to come back from than a lot of people think.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but how much of the Trojan machine we saw under Carrol was related to the LA glitz that he developed with the stars on the sideline, etc. I ask because the rules have changed and you can't do that any more, so they won't have that advantage in the future. USC was not very good for a long time ... I am wondering if this is going to be tougher to come back from than a lot of people think.

Alabama was bad for a long time too. Look how that worked out.

They will return to a top tier program, believe that.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the sanctions... if I remember right they wanted either mike riley from Oregon st or sark from Washington before reaching out to kiffin. one player just decommited from usc after this game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was bad for a long time too. Look how that worked out.

They will return to a top tier program, believe that.

I'm not doubting it ... if college football is anything, it is cyclical. I am just wondering if it might take longer than people were thinking. Right now you have the sanctions and Kiffin ... that's two strikes against you.

You and Bama were in the desert for a long time ... it will be interesting to see how long it takes.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin.

While the sanctions have limited depth and recruiting a bit, USC is still pulling in major talent.

The defense is pretty damn solid. They gave up a single pass play that resulted in a FG in the 4th quarter that became 3 points. Other than that, they gave up 222 yards which included all of 7 yards rushing.

Offense is a disaster. Wittek and Kessler were both highly recruited guys, and are both unbelievably bad. That is all on Kiffin.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC still has talent....certainly more talennt then Wazzu....no excuse for losing that game

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how much UCLA will be able to take advantage of this melt down. Even if they only landed one kid who would have gone to USC who is a 4star + stud it could help solidify the shift in the balance of power in the state.

The sanctions have killed their depth and left them where injuries can totally wreck them, but failing to pick just ONE QB and go with them was all on kiffin and is a huge mistake. Doesn't matter if neither are ideal, the team needs continuity and cannot have it with split practices. They need to know who their leader is and take all of their snaps with the 1's with that unit. It has been proven over and over that you just don't do dual QB's in college and find it work very often.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin.

While the sanctions have limited depth and recruiting a bit, USC is still pulling in major talent.

The defense is pretty damn solid. They gave up a single pass play that resulted in a FG in the 4th quarter that became 3 points. Other than that, they gave up 222 yards which included all of 7 yards rushing.

Offense is a disaster. Wittek and Kessler were both highly recruited guys, and are both unbelievably bad. That is all on Kiffin.

As a Cougar fan, I'll tell you that the low passing yards is much more concerning than the low rushing yards. The Cougars only averaged 29.1 yards rushing per game, and had 5 games with less than 7 yards rushing (BYU -5; Oregon -8; Stanford -18; Utah -4; ASU 1). Last year, the Cougars averaged 13 carries a game for their RBs, for 53.5 yards. Their QBs were sacked over 50 times, which affected their rushing totals.

Now, they did hold WSU to over 100 yards less passing than the team averaged last season, and for that I give them some credit.

Wonder how much UCLA will be able to take advantage of this melt down. Even if they only landed one kid who would have gone to USC who is a 4star + stud it could help solidify the shift in the balance of power in the state.

The sanctions have killed their depth and left them where injuries can totally wreck them, but failing to pick just ONE QB and go with them was all on kiffin and is a huge mistake. Doesn't matter if neither are ideal, the team needs continuity and cannot have it with split practices. They need to know who their leader is and take all of their snaps with the 1's with that unit. It has been proven over and over that you just don't do dual QB's in college and find it work very often.

I thought that Kessler was mediocre, but didn't think he played bad enough to get benched. Wittek was just horrible.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin.

I agree with your post but the fact is, without the sanctions we wouldn't even be discussing Lane friggin Kiffin. Pete wouldn't have fled to Seattle and even if he had still left for the NFL, we would've been able to hire an actual head coach and not this reject.

They still have too much talent to lose this game. He's a horrible play caller. He can recruit but he cannot coach to save his fucking life.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say!! The sanctions haven't helped, but Kiffin has managed to still bring in top talent!! Problem is, no depth. Both qb's were horrible last night!! The offensive playbook needs to be opened up, but that's hard to do when the qb falls apart every time they try!!

On the bright side, the defense looks really good!! After 2 games they've given up 2 field goals and 1 late touchdown with 30 seconds left in an already decided game (the other td was courtesy of last nights pick 6 from Kessler), have 6 ints., 1 fumble recovery, approx. 11 or 12 sacks and a whole bunch of hurries and knockdowns!!

Our defense deserves a better offense!! Maybe it's time to see what Max Browne can do?

qOM3GAp

CaRdInAl&GoLd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...burn Max Browne's redshirt...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. When I glanced at the thread title, I thought it said "Kiffin or NCAA sanctions, which would you choose?"

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. When I glanced at the thread title, I thought it said "Kiffin or NCAA sanctions, which would you choose?"

I suppose it would depend on whether you would rather lose mediocre bowl games or miss them entirely...