• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kiems view on who we pick

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scot McCloughan's blueprint could mean Dante Fowler Jr. or Vic Beasley - Washington Redskins Blog - ESPN

he leans to pass rusher and he feels speed is the thing he looks for 1st based on his past

read further and he reveals the SM drafts "the best player at a position of need "

hmm a combo of both eh based on his past

so what it will come down to is does he think pass rusher is more important then blocking ? can he get either later , and what deal he can get to move from that spot and still get what he wants

now i disagree with some of what he says (kiem ) and some of this article makes me question things but he is leaving the mantra aside for now and is the 1st one to do so

take with a grain of salt but the reasoning is sound other then his bias on his preference

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really would have been interesting had Gregory not funked his test. I wasn't on board, too small, but he does seem to fit SM's profile. No way I touch him now, he is a suspension waiting to happen.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they stay at 5 pass rusher makes the most sense. will be interesting to see who is there at 5 if they stay there.l

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they stay at 5 pass rusher makes the most sense. will be interesting to see who is there at 5 if they stay there.l

Don't they currently have more pass rushers than pass blockers, or for that matter third down backs? Just asking

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they currently have more pass rushers than pass blockers, or for that matter third down backs? Just asking
kerrigan....that's it.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't protect yours then at least get to theirs. Football101.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't protect yours then at least get to theirs. Football101.
i also think there will be some help in rds 2-3 if they want a guard/right tackle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think our o/line is the bigger need because i feel murphy is farther ahead then either compton or moses

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also think there will be some help in rds 2-3 if they want a guard/right tackle.

This has been said over and over the past 10 years. And we still dont have a decent line. IM fine if they decide no lineman is worth the 5th pick, then they need to trade down to a spot where they feel there IS a 1st round lineman worthy of being picked. And still take one in the second round as well.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been said over and over the past 10 years. And we still dont have a decent line. IM fine if they decide no lineman is worth the 5th pick, then they need to trade down to a spot where they feel there IS a 1st round lineman worthy of being picked. And still take one in the second round as well.

Hopefully, McCloughan will be the difference this year. Leribeus in the third round was a reach, and Moses was a mistake. The first was done by Shanahan who couldn't handle being both a coach and GM, and the second by Bruce Allen, who needs no explanation.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also have to find a trade partner and get more than you give for trading down.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, McCloughan will be the difference this year. Leribeus in the third round was a reach, and Moses was a mistake. The first was done by Shanahan who couldn't handle being both a coach and GM, and the second by Bruce Allen, who needs no explanation.

I will give you those. But the reality is, we simply need to start drafting a higher quality of O-lineman. If we had a competent Line, we could afford to bring in these second and third rounders who arent ready to start and wont be for a year or more. But at the moment we need starting lineman more than another pas rusher, especially if that pass rusher is a part timer as MOST of them appear to be. I get it they might not find a lineman worthy of the five spot. So fine, trade down, pass on the best lineman in the draft. But the first round pick we trade down too, there has got to be an OT or OL player "worthy" who can come in and start.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you those. But the reality is, we simply need to start drafting a higher quality of O-lineman. If we had a competent Line, we could afford to bring in these second and third rounders who arent ready to start and wont be for a year or more. But at the moment we need starting lineman more than another pas rusher, especially if that pass rusher is a part timer as MOST of them appear to be. I get it they might not find a lineman worthy of the five spot. So fine, trade down, pass on the best lineman in the draft. But the first round pick we trade down too, there has got to be an OT or OL player "worthy" who can come in and start.

Absolutely. I'd love to find out why Leribeus is still on this team, what the team thinks of Spencer Long (e.g., whether he's starting caliber material), and what the deal is with our MM. Last year, the real MM could've done better blocking than our own.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they have to get an offer for the #5 pick first. SM isn't going to take a loss just to move down to address a need IMO

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ding on Moses: he lacks a mean streak. He always seem to be overly happy and looks like he'd be a better missionary than an NFL offensive lineman.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think our o/line is the bigger need because i feel murphy is farther ahead then either compton or moses

This is a really solid argument. And I like Murphy too. But despite leading the nation in sacks nobody considers him a consistant NFL pass rushers. Just too slow. And as dc points out this team has exactly one reilable pass rusher in Kerrigan where at least we have somewhat serviceable player along the OL with Long and Moses still in the pipeline.

Again I share you concern along the OL, I just see pass rushers as an equal need.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT is possible that they take a rusher at 5 and then address the tackle position at 37.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT is possible that they take a rusher at 5 and then address the tackle position at 37.

Very true. People like Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher should be there about the time we pick. We may have to trade a bit to get one of those two. If so, I wonder if Scot will pull the trigger on that.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. People like Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher should be there about the time we pick. We may have to trade a bit to get one of those two. If so, I wonder if Scot will pull the trigger on that.
he said he wants to trade down and get 3 more picks for this draft.