• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys for a Bears Win vs Falcons

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common Sense suggests the following:

1. Pressure: CHI Dline vs ATL Oline: Jared Allen is a little more healthy then last week- on turf, against a rookie left tackle. Allen has used speed his whole career. Ratliff is back and who knows really how healthy he is, but his push and the fact that he's another body giving the rotation of the rookies more rest. Willie Young/Houston against Carimi. The matchups look pretty good for the Bears. If they can create some pressure and hurries they can mask their inexperience at LB and DB's. The key for ATL will be to get he ball out fast- and Ryan is good at that. Without the threat of a Read Option. Allen doesn't have to read and react like he did early in the season. He'll still have his assignments and have contain for Reverses and such...but will be much more free to rush the passer. (I predict he get's his first as a Bear, maybe more if we get inside push)
Mike Tice is known to use Max protection- We have seen this- that only allows 2 or 3 receivers out in patterns- Less guys to cover would be good for our DB's. Hopefully Tice does this. And the Bears can find a way through. Disruption and HITs on QB is just as good as Sacks IMO. Cause some turnovers that way.

Blitz- I would much rather have young LB's BLITZ then play zone- Common sense tells me that if you tell a young LB (Christian Jones) to FLY through THAT gap... and HIT the QB...it's much easier then if you tell him to cover a zone and read some keys. That's how they get confused and leave a guy wide open. Thought is the Bears haven't shown much blitz and could confuse an ATL team that isn't looking for blitz or as prepared. That would be chance for Bears fans could praise Tucker for being innovative- doubt it happens.

2. Healthy Offensive Stars: I believe this will be one of the first weeks where there is no questions about the health of our 3 most dangerous receiving threats- Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett. I know Forte is also a threat as well... They are on turf too- Could this be a break out day to throw it deep to Alshon? Marshall?
Get that "Go up and get it" that Jay loves soo much- (show Hester what he couldn't do? perhaps) Can they finally get separation on DB's? Will the play calls allow for more RAC yards- (I think with the injuries they have call more comeback routes- hopefully that can change)

Run game- I have a big question on if Garza really is better then DLP. I'm hopeful, but not sure if rust will be a factor. Can Ola play better then last week? This is a question for me. Facing a 3-4 will open the run game. I like some of the misdirection- fake reverse/flip to Forte,
The Falcons can be scored on. The Question is can the Bears keep up with the score.

3. Eliminate Turnovers- Jay: Don't throw it to guys in Black and Red. Forte, Marshall, Jay- hold onto the ball. This is true every week.

4. Special Teams: You DON'T need to score, you don't need to have a "great" day... you just need to not be the reason they lose. No stupid penalties. Fair catch. Don't take it out of the EZ 8 yards deep- just take it at the 20. Stay in your lanes. Block. No need for onside kicks in the first half. If fans have something to say about ST- the trend usually means they messed up in some fashion.

Devin Hester: Two theories: DON'T kick to him- which can be difficult...directional punts can be tough to perfect- for a rookie punter with a strong leg INDOORS... I say hit the fuckin ceiling. I would much rather have Devin Fair Catching and possibly fumbling or muffing a punt then trying to directional punt and giving him a lane. Devin has been talking WAY TOO much. We have seen how his concentration isn't the greatest at times- I'm thinking he's so geeked up to face his former team and still slightly injured- punt high let him screw up. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to take one out of the deep endzone. Could be a bonus for the Bears.

5. Second Half- Stay on them... keep scoring- don't let off the gas... Don't let him catch their breath. Make halftime adjustments. Process what you see and switch it up if needed. Need more production from BOTH sides of the ball in Second half.

GO Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All starting LB's are out: Williams, Briggs, Bostic.
replaced by Greene, Jones, and Darryl Sharpton (who started in Houston last year when Cushing was injured. hmmm)

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Dolphins, close this thing out

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP was right on 4 of 5... well done.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester was a total non-factor.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears secondary rocked their WR's all day. They were seeing ghosts the rest the afternoon. Very impressive display from the scrubs at the LB spots.

I don't know if AJ and Marshall are the better tandem than White and Jones, but matched up against the teams respective Defenses today, it wasn't even close.

Fuller is a stud.

D-line is better with Ratliff.

Big win today to stay alive...if only the dumb Dolphins coulda done their part. Guess will have to whoop their ass as punishment.

GO BEARS!!

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are off to an inconsistent 3-3 start, but the thing you have to like is they've shown they can get tough road wins. They're loaded with talent and look like a team that can beat anyone anywhere. They just need to make the playoffs (even if it's a wildcard), and they'll have a shot.

People can claim that Cutler throws too many INTs, but the fact is he has better than a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. 13 TDs and 6 INTs. Elite QBs strive for a 2 to 1 ratio. Through 6 games, Cutler is having a great season. He's putting up pro bowl calibre stats. Hard to complain about the season he's having. The only thing you can kill him for is that horrid INT that cost them the Buffalo game. The INT in Carolina was bad, but they were still in good shape to win the game. It was Forte's fumble that cost them that game. Cutler isn't perfect, but he does a lot more good than bad.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is the Bears cannot win games that start at noon. Let's hope for more late games.

Love the new guys on D. I hope they're around for a while.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are off to an inconsistent 3-3 start, but the thing you have to like is they've shown they can get tough road wins. They're loaded with talent and look like a team that can beat anyone anywhere. They just need to make the playoffs (even if it's a wildcard), and they'll have a shot.

People can claim that Cutler throws too many INTs, but the fact is he has better than a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio. 13 TDs and 6 INTs. Elite QBs strive for a 2 to 1 ratio. Through 6 games, Cutler is having a great season. He's putting up pro bowl calibre stats. Hard to complain about the season he's having. The only thing you can kill him for is that horrid INT that cost them the Buffalo game. The INT in Carolina was bad, but they were still in good shape to win the game. It was Forte's fumble that cost them that game. Cutler isn't perfect, but he does a lot more good than bad.

I'm a big Cutler fan, and I absolutely agree. But 4 of those 6 INT's can be correlated directly to three of the Bears losses so far. For the most part, he's been absolutely fantastic. It's just that those handful of bad plays have come in extremely inopportune moments, and at crucial points in games.

I believe Cutler is a very good QB that the Bears can win with. But I already know he can play great football, I've seen it many times. I need to see him do it consistently without the head scratching throws being made at inopportune moments in between.

If he can do that for a while, I am back to my all-in Cutler nut-hugging/apologist mode. AKA… my usual self. But I've jumped on him because of the great potential he has before, many MANY. I don't believe I can do it again until he gives me the reasons to. I am still a big Cutler fan, and I stick by him. I just hope that next multiple INT game leading to a loss isn't right around the corner.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich- I'm with you... The only thing I can say is that I think we are too close to it... What I mean is, that a lot of QB's have these bad games, these multiple INT games. I know Jay needs to be more consistent and have more strings of games without INT's, but IMO- it get's blown out of proportion in Chicago. And is equated to just being his fault they lost. While I think it's a major factor in a lot of them. I also think it's more about the team not being as good too.

Some guys have defenses that can make up for a 3 pick game, some have a running back who can take over a game, some have a dynamic KR who can change things. I can't say Jay's had that much in his time in Chicago. (excuse I know) I also know that Losing the game will place the blame- but if your QB throws two picks, fumbles....but still wins the game- The Bad get's forgotten. (I thought Cam Newton was awful last week...still won, minimal blame)

Big games- The best QB's still have poor games with multiple picks. (I'm pointing out these guys cause they are the tops... and these stats were easier to find- tbh.)

Playoff games with 2 or More INT's:
Manning 7 (a 4 pick game and a 3 pick game)
Brady 6
Favre 7 (one game he had 4 another he had 6!!)
Montana 5

In no way am I saying Jay is in the same league as these guys- I know their overall play has earned them more "leeway" and trust. And just looking it up- these guys have played in A LOT of playoff games- averaging about 23 each. I'm just pointing out that even in big games the greatest QB's have bad games.

(and I probably just got myself into some trouble for posting this...damn Cutler Apologist)