• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Ollie

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant bitching about the AAC ( which isn't even a bad conference ) from UConn is pretty weak.

Just play better.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The constant bitching about the AAC ( which isn't even a bad conference ) from UConn is pretty weak.

Just play better.

In his defense it is a hard sell to have to tell kids you're going to be playing at East Carolina, Tulane, Tulsa, UCF, SMU, and South Florida, instead of traditional rivals like Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova etc...

Uconn doesn't have an identity anymore, same goes with Pitt in the ACC.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense it is a hard sell to have to tell kids you're going to be playing at East Carolina, Tulane, Tulsa, UCF, SMU, and South Florida, instead of traditional rivals like Syracuse, Georgetown, Villanova etc...

UConn signed the #8 recruiting class in 2016, and Ollie ran off the major pieces of that class after one year, lol. Blaming AAC just so they can stick up for Kevin Ollie is pretty weak, IMO. It isn't an ideal situation for UConn, but Ollie is problem #1. Cincy hasn't missed a beat since the implosion of the Big East.

Pitt's issue is the fact that Stallings has been terrible there. I'm not sure why, b/c he was pretty solid at Vandy. I am willing to listen to the lack of identity problem for them, since I feel like BC has suffered from that as well. BC's reasoning for firing Al Skinner in 2010 was that Skinner wasn't very exciting and his brand of basketball was why attendance was poor. I wonder if Syracuse will run into the same problem when Boeheim retires.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should've heard Greenberg tonight @Hitman Hart . It was hilarious.

lmao, Greenberg is such a donk. ESPN has a contract with AAC. Way to throw a conference that your network has a relationship with under the bus.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it. I totally get. Not disagreeing with this.

UConn has a resume as a program ( an impressive one ), so they have a right to bitch. It's still weak though.

lmao, Greenberg is such a donk. ESPN has a contract with AAC. Way to throw a conference that your network has a relationship with under the bus.

It's crazy. Even the bottom feeders in our conference are rapidly improving.

Tulane was a few mistakes away from beating Wichita State the other day. But ESPN is too lazy to even watch our games or do 5 minutes of quick research before talking on national TV.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I totally get. Not disagreeing with this.

UConn has a resume as a program ( an impressive one ), so they have a right to bitch. It's still weak though.

It's crazy. Even the bottom feeders in our conference are rapidly improving.

Tulane was a few mistakes away from beating Wichita State the other day. But ESPN is too lazy to even watch our games or do 5 minutes of quick research before talking on national TV.

It isn't an ideal situation for UConn, but the AAC is going to be a 3 bid league this year. As I've said before, if UConn/Temple/Memphis got their shit together then this could be a very fun league.

As an outsider, I think it is clear that Ollie is failing in the relationships department. He's had quite a few players transfer out, and he's whiffed on some prospects that UConn should have landed. IMO, forging relationships with current players and recruits are even more important than X&O's in college basketball. I've seen a lot of shitty in-game coaches be quite successful in CBB, but I have yet to see someone that fails at building relationships with players/recruits be successful.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ollie needs to go. It’s not the AACs fault. The conference has some decent teams.

Greenberg is an idiot, too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn signed the #8 recruiting class in 2016, and Ollie ran off the major pieces of that class after one year, lol. Blaming AAC just so they can stick up for Kevin Ollie is pretty weak, IMO. It isn't an ideal situation for UConn, but Ollie is problem #1. Cincy hasn't missed a beat since the implosion of the Big East.

Pitt's issue is the fact that Stallings has been terrible there. I'm not sure why, b/c he was pretty solid at Vandy. I am willing to listen to the lack of identity problem for them, since I feel like BC has suffered from that as well. BC's reasoning for firing Al Skinner in 2010 was that Skinner wasn't very exciting and his brand of basketball was why attendance was poor. I wonder if Syracuse will run into the same problem when Boeheim retires.

I would certainly place most the blame on Ollie just not getting it done, but I so think the downgrade in conference is a real problem. There's a big difference in being a founding member of the Big East like Uconn was and Cincy being in the Big East for I think like 8 years or something. IMO anyway. That's why I do think it's more of an adjustment for a program like that than Cincy.

As for the other programs, I actually think Boaton College has more sustainability in the ACC than Cuse and Pitt, I know call me crazy. Lol. But even when BC had it rolling, they didn't rely on the North East or specifically playing at MSG in the Big East tournament the way Pitt and Cuse did when they had it rolling. Their best players during their great run were from California and Texas. Just look at BC now. Their 2 best players are from NC, and they have another kid coming in next year from NC that's a top 60 player. I think realignment is really going to affect Cuse, Pitt and UConn negatively.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly place most the blame on Ollie just not getting it done, but I so think the downgrade in conference is a real problem. There's a big difference in being a founding member of the Big East like Uconn was and Cincy being in the Big East for I think like 8 years or something. IMO anyway. That's why I do think it's more of an adjustment for a program like that than Cincy.

As for the other programs, I actually think Boaton College has more sustainability in the ACC than Cuse and Pitt, I know call me crazy. Lol. But even when BC had it rolling, they didn't rely on the North East or specifically playing at MSG in the Big East tournament the way Pitt and Cuse did when they had it rolling. Their best players during their great run were from California and Texas. Just look at BC now. Their 2 best players are from NC, and they have another kid coming in next year from NC that's a top 60 player. I think realignment is really going to affect Cuse, Pitt and UConn negatively.

Yeah, Cincy really isn't a Big East school. They were in the Metro and C-USA for a long time.

I think we won't know for sure on UConn, Pitt and Syracuse until they're all on to their next coach.

FWIW, BC's attendance for hoops has been terrible for the past decade. I'm not sure if it's always been like that, or there's just a lack of interest playing southern teams. BC's starting to turn things around now, mainly by signing NC kids that have been ignored by the Big 4.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ollie got by on Calhoun's players and won it all. Has been trash since.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to get fired 3 seasons after a national title win, a book by Kevin Ollie

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Uconn’s star recruit, who was gonna ram it up everyone’s ass wih no lube, already decommited.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's headed back to the NBA.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurley is the heavy favorite right now.

No idea who else they’ll look at.

Getting left out of the B10 and ACC is a killer.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurley is the heavy favorite right now.

No idea who else they’ll look at.

Getting left out of the B10 and ACC is a killer.

Surprisingly, UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville have all had pretty serious declines since 'leaving' the Big East.

It shouldn't take long for UConn to get back on track. Their fan support is strong.

At this point, the program is more than just Calhoun.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, UConn, Pitt, Syracuse, and Louisville have all had pretty serious declines since 'leaving' the Big East.

It shouldn't take long for UConn to get back on track. Their fan support is strong.

At this point, the program is more than just Calhoun.

Louisville’s decline is self inflicted. Boeheims impending retirement and NCAA sanctions hurt cuse.

Pitt is the one who made a bad hire. Dixon was fire in Pitt.