• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Minnesota definitely floated that trade rumor. The Suns would never be dumb enough to trade Bledsoe AND Dragic (maybe one of them) and picks.

Oh no, no, no. It's not Dragic AND Bledsoe it's one or the other with picks and a filler. I misread it at first too but the story cleared that up. I'd definitely deal Bledsoe, Frye, and a couple picks for Love. Not both 14 and 18 this year though. I think the 14th pick, Bledsoe, Frye and a future 1st rounder would be enough to get a deal done.

Then the most important thing to do would be to get Love to sign a max deal and stay in PHX. A core of Dragic, Love, Green, Tucker, Markieff, Plumlee, Goodwin, Len, etc. with all the cap space and picks coming in would make this team very, very good and Love would have to seriously consider staying here for the long haul.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Morris twins, Goodwin, Ennis, and two future first round draft picks for Love?

Is that too much? Not enough? I presume that Minnesota would want Bledsoe, but the Wolves' price could drop and the Suns could load up the compensatory assets.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Morris twins, Goodwin, Ennis, and two future first round draft picks for Love?

Is that too much? Not enough? I presume that Minnesota would want Bledsoe, but the Wolves' price could drop and the Suns could load up the compensatory assets.

That is way too much. Basically that is like giving up six 1st round draft picks. While Kieff will never be as good as Love, he could easily be a 20/10 if he got Love's minutes & touches. Little Morris is a good bench guy who works wonders when Morris x2 are on the floor together. Archie & Ennis are very young raw players who could end being good players with time & experience.

As good as Love is, I don't think he is worth gutting the future of your team for. If the trade was just Morris x2 & a draft pick(s), I could live with that. But adding more than that is not worth it.

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is way too much. Basically that is like giving up six 1st round draft picks. While Kieff will never be as good as Love, he could easily be a 20/10 if he got Love's minutes & touches. Little Morris is a good bench guy who works wonders when Morris x2 are on the floor together. Archie & Ennis are very young raw players who could end being good players with time & experience.

As good as Love is, I don't think he is worth gutting the future of your team for. If the trade was just Morris x2 & a draft pick(s), I could live with that. But adding more than that is not worth it.

Only if Love commits to signing long term contract.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I don't want Love. We'd have to overpay to get him and he likely wouldn't even re-sign here. This whole situation reminds me of what Dwight did to LA, and I wouldn't want to give up the farm for one season of an uncommitted Love.

Markieff keeps getting better every year and there's no reason to throw away tons of valuable draft picks. I say keep what we've got, bring in a solid veteran FA and continue to grow from there.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I don't want Love. We'd have to overpay to get him and he likely wouldn't even re-sign here. This whole situation reminds me of what Dwight did to LA, and I wouldn't want to give up the farm for one season of an uncommitted Love.

Markieff keeps getting better every year and there's no reason to throw away tons of valuable draft picks. I say keep what we've got, bring in a solid veteran FA and continue to grow from there.

I agree. We're better off trying to get Love in free agency next season. We'd have to give up too much of our core just to pry Love from Minnesota. There is no point to getting Love if he isn't playing with both Dragic and Bledsoe.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is way too much. Basically that is like giving up six 1st round draft picks.

A team with Dragic, Bledose, Green, and Love figures to become at least an outside contender, meaning that the future first round picks figure to be of mild value at best, possibly marginal value.

While Kieff will never be as good as Love, he could easily be a 20/10 if he got Love's minutes & touches.

I like Markieff Morris, but I possess my doubts about him ever becoming a 20/10 guy (especially the 10 rebounds part). If he played to his potential consistently, he could certainly be that guy, but he does not really 'show up' all the time, helping explain why he does not play more minutes. He is a good, versatile player, but he may also be just passive enough and inconsistent enough to never become a star.

Little Morris is a good bench guy who works wonders when Morris x2 are on the floor together.

I'm fine with Marcus Morris, but with Kevin Love and (presumably) Channing Frye, he would certainly be expendable.

Archie & Ennis are very young raw players who could end being good players with time & experience.

But if Dragic and Bledsoe are both with the Suns long-term, and relatively healthy, then Ennis certainly becomes expendable, and Goodwin would be somewhat expendable, especially given that Green can also serve as a shooting guard.

As good as Love is, I don't think he is worth gutting the future of your team for.

I don't see the deal as gutting the Suns' future. At its core, Phoenix's future is perhaps Dragic, Bledsoe, and Markieff Morris, and possibly Ty Warren and Alex Len, depending upon how they develop. But if the Suns could replace Markieff Morris with Kevin Love and without sacrificing Dragic or Bledsoe, then that core becomes far more formidable. With a trio of Dragic, Bledsoe, and Love, I would say that Ennis, Goodwin, and both Morris twins all become expendable. The Suns can still find depth and complementary players through Smith, Green, Tucker, and Frye (if the latter two resign), plus Warren, Len, and Bogdanovich (and Plumlee).

Basically, my point is that the Suns could use a frontcourt star. If they could acquire that frontcourt star without breaking up the backcourt of Dragic and Bledsoe, then they need to seriously consider such a move. On one level, you collect assets in order to cash them in. The Suns possess so many young (or youngish) point guards, shooting guards, and small forwards right now that there will not be sufficient playing time for all of them, either in the short term or the long term.

If the trade was just Morris x2 & a draft pick(s), I could live with that. But adding more than that is not worth it.

The Wolves figure to require much more than just the Morris twins, and what would probably amount to a middling first round pick, in order to trade Love.

But I appreciate your opinion, and I could be off-base. That's why I asked for feedback. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we have to do is re-sign Hamed Haddadi and include him in the trade. The Wolves won't be able to resist.

What the "Wolves" want has basically 0 to do with where he will actually end up going.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Suns could stipulate that they ink Love to a contract extension as part of the deal.

Of course, such a stipulation would render a trade even less likely, but it represents a plausible (and sensible) approach. And I think that the opportunity to play with Dragic and Bledsoe in the warm weather of Phoenix (relatively close to where he grew up), for an innovative coach such as Hornacek, would make Love seriously consider the Suns long-term.

Phoenix now enjoys a wide array of assets, and there is not going to be sufficient playing time for everyone. At some point, the Suns are probably going to need to cash some of them in for a major frontcourt star. It doesn't need to be Love now, but it may need to be someone relatively soon.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a Minnesota beat-writer Kevin Love would be willing to sign long term in Phoenix... this changes the whole ball game if it's true.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I start doing research on this new bit of information, I need to say this:

Hmm..-Very-Interesting-Reaction-Gif-Meme.gif