• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love out for 2nd rd series

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are overrating the bulls defense. They're good but not elite like they used to be

True but they're still a good defensive team.

The issue the Bulls are having in this series scoring has a lot to do with Milwaukee's defense. 2nd best defense in the leauge. If the Bulls advance they would be facing the 20th defensive team in all of basketball....Huge difference.

But back to the Bulls defense, we got so used to them being a great defensive team that when they're defense drops down to just being really good it feels like a huge drop off.

Solid defensive numbers though:

11th in DEF EFF
9th in OPP PPG
4th in OPP FG%
3rd in OPP 3 pt%

They're still really good on defense

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee and Cleveland play completely different style of basketball.

People should consider that before making assumptions

Bulls constructed this roster to try to beat James, not the Bucks.

And I feel the Wizards might end up being the team healthy and peaking at the right time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are overrating the bulls defense. They're good but not elite like they used to be

exactly. Gasol is not a good defensive player- he gets beat bad when put in a pick and roll. Rose has lost some of his defensive ability. Noah does not seem like he used to be.

They are still good defensively- but they are not an elite unit like they used to be.

They are better at offense than they used to be though. The Mozgov/Gasol matchup should be interesting- who can get who in foul trouble.

I definitely expect the Cavs to spread the floor with shooters and dust off Mike Miller and JJones for stretches. Windhorst even thinks that TT will still come off the bench and JJ will start....i dunno how you do that against Gasol and Noah.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would crack me up if the Bulls lost to the Bucks....really they shouldnt be having this hard a time- one of the wins in double ot...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would crack me up if the Bulls lost to the Bucks....really they shouldnt be having this hard a time- one of the wins in double ot...

Style make fights.

Doesn't take a genius to see that Bucks match up damn well with the Bulls.

Top defensive team in the league and they have the length to bother the Bulls.

The only real difference between the 2 teams it that Milwaukee doesn't have that go to player on offense while the Bulls have 2

You guys really should get the league pass and watch more basketball in the regular season and stop looking at a team record

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. Gasol is not a good defensive player- he gets beat bad when put in a pick and roll. Rose has lost some of his defensive ability. Noah does not seem like he used to be.

They are still good defensively- but they are not an elite unit like they used to be.

They are better at offense than they used to be though. The Mozgov/Gasol matchup should be interesting- who can get who in foul trouble.

I definitely expect the Cavs to spread the floor with shooters and dust off Mike Miller and JJones for stretches. Windhorst even thinks that TT will still come off the bench and JJ will start....i dunno how you do that against Gasol and Noah.

I agree Jones has to start.

As far as dusting off Mike Miller,good luck with that.
Maybe have him shoot with one shoe off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several quotes from the Bulls/Bucks series thread before the series started from those with common sense who know the Bucks were going to give Chicago trouble

I expect the bulls to win the series but the bucks did give them hell all yr

Bulls in 5. Could see Milwaukee pushing Chicago to 6

The Bulls should be able to take of this series in 5 games, but the Bucks should play them tough enough in each game to make them sweat some and get them ready for the rest of the playoffs.

Plus playing away in this series is like a Home game. 6 would be the max it that will only happen if Bucks hit like a Game winning shot to extend the series.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin said today he would be surprised if Love comes back at all in the post season. He believes there is very little chance of that happening. That's what I said to begin with. It is not going to happen

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin said today he would be surprised if Love comes back at all in the post season. He believes there is very little chance of that happening. That's what I said to begin with. It is not going to happen
While I agree with you- Griffin was doing Love a favor by taking all expectations off of him...I highly doubt we see him against Chicago- but I guess i would not be surprised to see him towards the end of the conference Finals, or the Finals if the Cavs are good enough to get there.

Love might not want to play with a bad shoulder because of his contract staus, and Griffin was taking the onus off Love to play by not trying to downplay the seriousness.

I would put the chances of Love playing at all under 50%, don't get me wrong- but I would not rule him out for almost a certainty....maybe 25%....

that being said- I like the fact that the Cavs go can to Tristan Thompson, an have a bunch of guys that can play PF- LeBron will, Marion will probably get minutes, James Jones should get some minutes, - Miller can play SG....the Cavs are going to miss Love a lot, and miss Smith- but they have the type of roster were they can plug nguys and still at leas have guys- that even though they are at the end of their careers- can still give you omething and have proven they can rise to the occasion.

It should be a great matchup- i know that a lot of people were on the fence before Love's injuy on who to pick- and now are a ton of people are on the Bulls bandwagon and that is too be expected- but LeBron is still LeBron and this takes pressure off the Cavs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you've never had a dislocated shoulder and the pain that goes with it. Consider yourself lucky. Frankly I think they will be lucky to see him back for the Conference Finals or finals period if they make it that far and I would be surprised

Bullshit. Martin Riggs just hit it against a wall, popped that shit back in, boom, good to go. Love will start game 1 against the Bulls.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Martin Riggs just hit it against a wall, popped that shit back in, boom, good to go. Love will start game 1 against the Bulls.
Only because he most likely had one before. Once you have had one, they will always pop out easily but then pop back in even though it's painful and fyi - Griffin has already said that he does not expect Love to return in the post season - so I am right and you are wrong

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with you- Griffin was doing Love a favor by taking all expectations off of him...I highly doubt we see him against Chicago- but I guess i would not be surprised to see him towards the end of the conference Finals, or the Finals if the Cavs are good enough to get there.

Love might not want to play with a bad shoulder because of his contract staus, and Griffin was taking the onus off Love to play by not trying to downplay the seriousness.

I would put the chances of Love playing at all under 50%, don't get me wrong- but I would not rule him out for almost a certainty....maybe 25%....

that being said- I like the fact that the Cavs go can to Tristan Thompson, an have a bunch of guys that can play PF- LeBron will, Marion will probably get minutes, James Jones should get some minutes, - Miller can play SG....the Cavs are going to miss Love a lot, and miss Smith- but they have the type of roster were they can plug nguys and still at leas have guys- that even though they are at the end of their careers- can still give you omething and have proven they can rise to the occasion.

It should be a great matchup- i know that a lot of people were on the fence before Love's injuy on who to pick- and now are a ton of people are on the Bulls bandwagon and that is too be expected- but LeBron is still LeBron and this takes pressure off the Cavs.
I think it would be miracle for him to come back - although with a lot of therapy and a couple of weeks, they might put him in a brace and give him a cane for protection or something. We aren't talking about a person doing normal stuff. We're talking about the NBA. He ain't come back this season - word

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because he most likely had one before. Once you have had one, they will always pop out easily but then pop back in even though it's painful and fyi - Griffin has already said that he does not expect Love to return in the post season - so I am right and you are wrong

My point was based on the happenings to a character from the Lethal Weapon movie franchise and you're seriously debating it?

On one hand I want to laugh at you, on the other, I want to cry for you.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was based on the happenings to a character from the Lethal Weapon movie franchise and you're seriously debating it?

On one hand I want to laugh at you, on the other, I want to cry for you.
Well, you're the dumbass that thinks he can come back. I thought you was serious. I haven't any Lethal Weapon Movie and just figured you was so stupid you believed it and decided to humor you a bit. I really don't want to say that he won't be back because they have a lot medical options for them rich folks that us normal folks don't get, but I really don't think he will be back and I figured he was out for good from the beginning, but I've noticed that most the organizations don't want to admit it from the beginning and like to play it up a bit before admitting the truth

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're the dumbass that thinks he can come back. I thought you was serious. I haven't any Lethal Weapon Movie and just figured you was so stupid you believed it and decided to humor you a bit. I really don't want to say that he won't be back because they have a lot medical options for them rich folks that us normal folks don't get, but I really don't think he will be back and I figured he was out for good from the beginning, but I've noticed that most the organizations don't want to admit it from the beginning and like to play it up a bit before admitting the truth

Seriously, who turned your computer on for you tonight?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Style make fights.

Doesn't take a genius to see that Bucks match up damn well with the Bulls.

Top defensive team in the league and they have the length to bother the Bulls.

The only real difference between the 2 teams it that Milwaukee doesn't have that go to player on offense while the Bulls have 2

You guys really should get the league pass and watch more basketball in the regular season and stop looking at a team record

I think the Bulls offense is not exactly great and the Bucks have good athletic defenders- Middleton and Giannis especially....hopefully Bron and Shumpert can do similar to those 2- that is- if the Bulls end up winning.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to see Cavs fans play off the Kevin Love injury like its nothing. The whole offseason I was hearing how dominant he was going to be, and how better his numbers were going to be compared to what Bosh did with Lebron in Miami (Love's stats were worse).

No one on here is calling the Bulls a legit title contender. I give them a good chance to come out of the East now given the Love injury, but the West is taking the title this year. The Warriors, Spurs and Clips look considerably better than every team in the league, especially out in the East.

As BK said, you should definitely look at NBA league pass; Jason Kidd has made a world of difference as they're one of the best teams in the league in defense. If you haven't paid attention, no team has won the title in the last decade, without having ranked in the top 10 in total defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny to see Cavs fans play off the Kevin Love injury like its nothing. The whole offseason I was hearing how dominant he was going to be, and how better his numbers were going to be compared to what Bosh did with Lebron in Miami (Love's stats were worse).

No one on here is calling the Bulls a legit title contender. I give them a good chance to come out of the East now given the Love injury, but the West is taking the title this year. The Warriors, Spurs and Clips look considerably better than every team in the league, especially out in the East.

As BK said, you should definitely look at NBA league pass; Jason Kidd has made a world of difference as they're one of the best teams in the league in defense. If you haven't paid attention, no team has won the title in the last decade, without having ranked in the top 10 in total defense.
I think all the Cavs fans on here realize how important Love is to the Cavs offense and rebounding. Especially against Chicago where Love would be huge spreading the floor- and Love was really starting to get it it too- he was really getting comfortable with his game plan, his teammates, his role...its a HUUUUGE LOSS

the Cavs are lucky though that they have a guy who is a starter quality backup in Tristan Thompson- especially since hehas gotten a lot better as the season has gone on and showed he was not intimidated by playing in the playoffs....

Love is going tobe hugely missed-but theCavs are lucky to have some good personnel on the bench to step up- i Hope anyway...we shall see...