• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Believes The Greek Freak Can Become The GOAT

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting hammered 10 pages into this thread bud. I thought I might be able to get you to snap out of it. Wiggy wasn't this delirious or do I just have a bad memory

You have a bad memory.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would need to find a better team first.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think outlaw immortal may be on to something. That said if he is going to be a GOAT candidate he will need to rise his team where he is now to be measured. we will see. what i like in this kid is his fierceness He has something in his eyes that feels like he can dominate anyone, especially in the open court. lets see how he does when the games mean more and he wont get alot of reg season fast breaks. needs to shoot better from outside for sure

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think outlaw immortal may be on to something. That said if he is going to be a GOAT candidate he will need to rise his team where he is now to be measured. we will see. what i like in this kid is his fierceness He has something in his eyes that feels like he can dominate anyone, especially in the open court. lets see how he does when the games mean more and he wont get alot of reg season fast breaks. needs to shoot better from outside for sure

Not sure if he does need to be a better shooter from outside when he's averaging over 60% from the field and over 36 ppg. A better outside shot would just make it icing on the cake but not necessary for him to continue his path of destruction. The game is changing and it appears it's a big man's game right now and the splash brothers are a thing of the past.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA player rankings: Which rising star won opening week?

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo

You were expecting someone else? If he wasn’t on your MVP radar entering the season, the Greek Freak surely is now after delivering one of the most dominant opening weeks in recent history. Though we’re biased in this particular space, there’s perhaps no better way of articulating Antetokounmpo’s brilliance than by way of game score. Over the past 35 years, the only players to post a higher average game score through three games are Stephen Curry in 2015-16 and Michael Jordan in 1989-90. Curry would go on to become the NBA’s first unanimous MVP, while 1989-90 proved to be the last season that Jordan’s Chicago Bulls didn’t reign supreme.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's off to a great start and looking like a real MVP talent. The question is why are you feeling the need to hype him up so much? Why take an innocuous comment coming from KD and blow it up? KD also called Porzingas a unicorn and a one of kind freak player too. He seems to be a fan of guys with unreal skill sets.

After watching youtubers who cover the NBA daily they were extremely excited about Giannis. They showed how he's gained even more muscle and reported articles on how he's on a mission this year and how he accepted Kobe's challenge to become MVP. Since he's in a small market he won't receive as much hype as he would if he was with the Lakers, Boston or Knicks. After watching him in the preseason games it appeared he was going to take another major step forward as he did last year. So far he has and is on pace to become the first back to back most improved player winner ever. He's already in good company with some of the winners of this award from 2000 (T Mac, Arenas, Danny Granger, Butler, Paul George, etc. Gianns looks like KD and RW had a baby lol.

Well Porzingas being a Unicorn isn't entirely true since he doesn't have the play making skills of a G but he does have the shooting for sure as a monster player. It was a bold comment being that it's so early in Giannis' career but if you look at all the factors to be the GOAT Giannis has many of those factors. The main thing holding him back is his team and that's not necessarily the talent it's more of the talent remaining healthy.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching youtubers who cover the NBA daily they were extremely excited about Giannis. They showed how he's gained even more muscle and reported articles on how he's on a mission this year and how he accepted Kobe's challenge to become MVP. Since he's in a small market he won't receive as much hype as he would if he was with the Lakers, Boston or Knicks. After watching him in the preseason games it appeared he was going to take another major step forward as he did last year. So far he has and is on pace to become the first back to back most improved player winner ever. He's already in good company with some of the winners of this award from 2000 (T Mac, Arenas, Danny Granger, Butler, Paul George, etc. Gianns looks like KD and RW had a baby lol.

Well Porzingas being a Unicorn isn't entirely true since he doesn't have the play making skills of a G but he does have the shooting for sure as a monster player. It was a bold comment being that it's so early in Giannis' career but if you look at all the factors to be the GOAT Giannis has many of those factors. The main thing holding him back is his team and that's not necessarily the talent it's more of the talent remaining healthy.

No one (that I recall) has ever been Porzingas's size that has his combination of skill and athleticism. The shooting is a pure bonus. But he's 7'3" with a good handle and passing and elite shooting skill. He's also a shot blocking machine, but his individual defense needs to be worked on. He absolutely is a unicorn because the NBA has never seen a player of his size and skill.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one (that I recall) has ever been Porzingas's size that has his combination of skill and athleticism. The shooting is a pure bonus. But he's 7'3" with a good handle and passing and elite shooting skill. He's also a shot blocking machine, but his individual defense needs to be worked on. He absolutely is a unicorn because the NBA has never seen a player of his size and skill.

I can't agree that he's a unicorn in a sense because he doesn't have guard ability. The three point shot isn't a bonus that's the bulk of his game. 50% of his points are from 3 pointers and majority of that is catch and shoot. After that the next 20% is his back to the basket shots in the post another 15% is cutting to the hoop and receiving the pass the next 10% is faking the three and take a dribble or two and hit a step back or off the dribble jumper. Only 5% of his shots come from creating his own points by driving to the cup. He rarely creates for others as he only has 1 ast per game and is a terrible rebounded at 7'3" with only 7 a game. He has a very low FG% and average at three pointers and slightly above average at blocks for his height.

Dude is a good scorer and good three point shooter that is very tall but is inept in play making and driving and scoring at the rim. Don't get me wrong I would take him on the Celtics in a heart beat and thought a trade was coming but he's not a monster with all around G abilities. He's a freakishly tall player with a good three point shot and a good blocker for his height.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm agreeing with KD you know the future HOF KD that actually plays the game and has way more credibility than anyone on these boards. If you want to debate him go ahead. Again, I'm siding with FHOF legend KD the kid, and vegas odds. Attempting to argue vs those will have you ending up on the losing side more often than not. This is about him having the potential to be the GOAT not being the GOAT right now.

KD said that Giannis CAN be the GOAT. CAN BE.

He has the physical tools to be as good as anybody ever. But, he has a long way to go.

It sounds like you are predicting he WILL BE the GOAT. That is what people take issue with. Chill out and enjoy the ride man. You got an elite player in Milwaukee to cheer for for at least the next 4 years. Enjoy it.

But, also understand that GOAT status is about a hell of lot more than regular season stats. He has not even won a playoff series yet, and it isn't like the roster is talent barren. If Giannis keeps anything close to his current pace, he will win MVP. But, there isn't really all that much he can prove to me until the calendar turns to May.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he does need to be a better shooter from outside when he's averaging over 60% from the field and over 36 ppg. A better outside shot would just make it icing on the cake but not necessary for him to continue his path of destruction. The game is changing and it appears it's a big man's game right now and the splash brothers are a thing of the past.

What?

Exactly the opposite of that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD said that Giannis CAN be the GOAT. CAN BE.

He has the physical tools to be as good as anybody ever. But, he has a long way to go.

It sounds like you are predicting he WILL BE the GOAT. That is what people take issue with. Chill out and enjoy the ride man. You got an elite player in Milwaukee to cheer for for at least the next 4 years. Enjoy it.

But, also understand that GOAT status is about a hell of lot more than regular season stats. He has not even won a playoff series yet, and it isn't like the roster is talent barren. If Giannis keeps anything close to his current pace, he will win MVP. But, there isn't really all that much he can prove to me until the calendar turns to May.

The OP just can't wrap his head around this lol. A little slow, I'm guessing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is so completely inaccurate it actually made me laugh. It sounds like you never watch the game if I am being honest.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so completely inaccurate it actually made me laugh. It sounds like you never watch the game if I am being honest.

6 of the top ten leading scorers are all big men right now. It was 8 but KP dropped out after one terrible game but he was the second leading scorer and Anthony Davis dropped out due to injury. It's a big man's game now. Lebron and Curry are just to small to keep up with the big boys now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 of the top ten leading scorers are all big men right now. It was 8 but KP dropped out after one terrible game but he was the second leading scorer and Anthony Davis dropped out due to injury. It's a big man's game now. Lebron and Curry are just to small to keep up with the big boys now.

Well that escalated quickly.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP just can't wrap his head around this lol. A little slow, I'm guessing

That's a straw man logical fallacy as I never stated or insinuated that he would in fact become the GOAT. lack of reading comprehension could lead one to believe this. I've stated multiple times that he does possess many of the factors it would require to potentially become the GOAT but that doesn't mean I believe he will indeed become the GOAT. My prediction before the preseason was that he would post MVP caliber numbers and he has done just that in four games so far and is the leading MVP candidate according to Vegas.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many of those "scorers" play on actual contending teams?

Also, we are talking 4 games.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those "scorers" play on actual contending teams?

Also, we are talking 4 games.

Define contending teams and define how many games it would take to be considered a legitimate trend please. Ten games, thirty games, a full season, ten seasons????

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big man's league. That's some serious gold.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that escalated quickly.

lol, they'll be fine but it's trending towards big men taking over the league and there have been multiple articles explaining this.

Greek God, KP, AD, Simmons, Griffen, Cousins, and even Aldridge and Gasol are having monstrous starts to the season.