• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant also has Coronavirus

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree Trump has made some absurd comments, but at this point the blame game is going too far (not saying by you, but the talking heads) and focus just needs to be getting past this.

I would love to see the narrative of those ripping Trump if Obama was in office doing the exact same thing making the same choices. Just a hypothetical as I get Obama and Trump not close to the same personalities. Had Rachel Maddow on last night (who I do like) and entire show was about what Trump did wrong. Not sure how this can help anyone.

Not a Trump guy by any means FYI.

I don't know anything about this guy, so folks can take it how they will.

I just saw an interview with Dr. Drew Pinsky, he's an internist that I guess also has a pod cast or something, anyway, he was saying the panic that the media is causing with it's clickbait articles and trying to get eyes on their networks is actually worse than the virus.

Basically, he said if you're someone who's vulnerable, stay in as much as possible. If you're a healthy person, wash your hands a lot and try not to gather in large crowds as much as possible.

He also said that it's not going to be Italy here. What's happened there apparently is a "perfect storm" of an older citizenry, most of whom smoke and they have the worst air quality of any European country.

He also said the our health system is far more ready for this than is being reported.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know anything about this guy, so folks can take it how they will.

I just saw an interview with Dr. Drew Pinsky, he's an internist that I guess also has a pod cast or something, anyway, he was saying the panic that the media is causing with it's clickbait articles and trying to get eyes on their networks is actually worse the virus.

Basically, he said if you're someone who's vulnerable, stay in as much as possible. If you're a healthy person, wash your hands a lot and try not to gather in large crowds as much as possible.

He also said that it's not going to be Italy here. What's happened there apparently is a "perfect storm" of an older citizenry, most of whom smoke and they have the worst air quality of any European country.

He also said the our health system is far more ready for this than is being reported.
Though I have mostly seen him on the stations geared to the Dems, I happen to like Dr. Gupta (have for a while). He has said things could get very bad but also says if we do what we are told to do this will pass.

and by told to do I don't mean complete quarantine...but do everything Dr. Pinsky mentioned.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I have mostly seen him on the stations geared to the Dems, I happen to like Dr. Gupta (have for a while). He has said things could get very bad but also says if we do what we are told to do this will pass.

and by told to do I don't mean complete quarantine...but do everything Dr. Pinsky mentioned.

Yeah, when Dr. Pinsky said the part about washing hands and social distancing he added..."You know, the things we doctors have been saying to do for years". lol

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without me reading all 5 pages of this thread, has it been determined how Durant got tested when he wasn't even sick?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy type of bet you're proposing.
Just calling bullshit on his comment. He said hundreds of thousands of Americans will die from this. Not even close.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without me reading all 5 pages of this thread, has it been determined how Durant got tested when he wasn't even sick?
The NBA teams are using their own money to test their teams. But I heard only 8 teams have done so, which surprises me

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to agree Trump has made some absurd comments, but at this point the blame game is going too far (not saying by you, but the talking heads) and focus just needs to be getting past this.

I would love to see the narrative of those ripping Trump if Obama was in office doing the exact same thing making the same choices. Just a hypothetical as I get Obama and Trump not close to the same personalities. Had Rachel Maddow on last night (who I do like) and entire show was about what Trump did wrong. Not sure how this can help anyone.

Not a Trump guy by any means FYI.
I agree but this has nothing to do with my bet. I was just calling Wiggy on his usual bullshit. Overly panicky predictions of mass death aren't helpful either.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just saw an interview with Dr. Drew Pinsky, he's an internist that I guess also has a pod cast or something, anyway, he was saying the panic that the media is causing with it's clickbait articles and trying to get eyes on their networks is actually worse than the virus.

This is all I have been saying all along. But some people get off on being worried and spreading their worries to others.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but this has nothing to do with my bet. I was just calling Wiggy on his usual bullshit. Overly panicky predictions of mass death aren't helpful either.
Doesn't have to do with your bet, per se, but that was my point......all the overly panicky predictions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when Dr. Pinsky said the part about washing hands and social distancing he added..."You know, the things we doctors have been saying to do for years". lol
Think I mentioned a while back a Chief Nursing Officer I work with said he'd like to come up with a catchy name for the flu every year to get people to wash their hands.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would think since they have their own medical teams and are often affiliated with hospitals it might help.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I mentioned a while back a Chief Nursing Officer I work with said he'd like to come up with a catchy name for the flu every year to get people to wash their hands.

lol That's right. I remember you posting that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all I have been saying all along. But some people get off on being worried and spreading their worries to others.
sure doesn't help when our governor says there will be 200K cases in Ohio by tomorrow (said this a few days ago). But there were only 143K known in the galaxy or that 1M plus Americans will die but only 80K Chinese got it and 3200 died.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Marcus Smart to the list.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the problem is, and you have the media constantly repeating these warning, because certain assholes just refuse to listen as we can see from all the reporting/news that is coming out of florida at the beaches/spring break etc.

And, I mean, California just shut down.

The expert there predicted that 56% of the population will get the virus within a couple months. If there are 40M people in California thats well over 20M people.

If there is just a 1% mortality rate, in California alone, that is 200,000 people dying.

States report over 4,500 new coronavirus cases during 24-hour period

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, everyone should be concerned. But taking advantage of fears and the fact so many will believe everything they hear as long as it is a source they like seems counterproductive.

Did CA governor really say he thought 21 mil would contract the virus there and 1 mil+ would die?

Even though 80K had it in China and 3K died?

Now if he did this so idiots would be more responsible? OK, I guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3