• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kershaw

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An "off day" for Kershaw is 3 runs, still a quality start. Dodgers just seemed out of gas in that series.

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kershaw is a FREAK! Has 18 Wins and he missed a month and a half of the season.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly the best mounds man in this day and age. Now the other SP's need to step it up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pissed that the first legitimate chance of the Dodgers have to go to a world series something like the last 20 years got screwed by Time Warner and their greed to get money. Shame on the Dodgers for not making it happen.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't tell me how great he is cause the Cardinals OWN HIM

Sadly, the dialogue begins that maybe Kershaw is just a regular season pitcher. I hope he rewrites history on it.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to stop this," he's not good in pressure or clutch situations." it happens, he's pitched a couple of really good games in the playoffs and a couple really bad ones, although last nights game he pitched well, he just had a bad inning. He gave up a few hard hit balls, but he also gave up two opposite field seeing eye singles. Now announcers can say that a batter went with the pitch, but I believe that in most cases those guys just swung late and didn't get around on the pitch and they were fortunate that it got thru the infield. He also was still throwing 95 mph and he did still get two strikeouts that inning.
It was 90 degrees at game time and that well may have taken it's toll on him in the 7th inning.
But for those of you that say he just isn't clutch, thats ridiculous! Wainwright is also one of the best pitchers in the league if not the next best after Kershaw, but he pitched a worse game than Kershaw did, so I guess that means he can't handle the pressure either.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, the dialogue begins that maybe Kershaw is just a regular season pitcher. I hope he rewrites history on it.

The dialogue begins because people say, "The dialogue begins." And Rewrite history? If he had 5 postseason starts and gave up 5+ every outing after a regular season of sub 2, then I would give it to you. But he has 6 starts in the post season; 3 starts are sub 2.00 outings and 3 are +7.00 outings. He's inconsistent. That's a big difference from consistently under 2, but that's also a big difference from always only a regular season pitcher.

I am certainly not saying that he shouldn't be criticized, but he is not StL's bitch, and he is not just a regular season pitcher, that he needs to "rewrite history on".

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dialogue begins because people say, "The dialogue begins." And Rewrite history? If he had 5 postseason starts and gave up 5+ every outing after a regular season of sub 2, then I would give it to you. But he has 6 starts in the post season; 3 starts are sub 2.00 outings and 3 are +7.00 outings. He's inconsistent. That's a big difference from consistently under 2, but that's also a big difference from always only a regular season pitcher.

I am certainly not saying that he shouldn't be criticized, but he is not StL's bitch, and he is not just a regular season pitcher, that he needs to "rewrite history on".

Sports talking heads jump on anything. So there will be a dialogue. I also think the outcome of the series will dictate the dialogue a bit. When the Dodgers lose this series, people will note this game.

Love Kershaw, he's the man. Bad inning. Cardinals have hit him well at times. He's pitched them well at times. Bottom line is this organization has yet to find a way to the World Series. Hopefully an improved 'pen will be the answer in the coming years.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3