• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper League Questions

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a yahoo standard league (we include OPS).

But anyway, each team has $260 at the start of the draft and we can keep up to 6 players for next year at their auction price.

My question is what are y'alls thoughts on trading Yeonis Cespedes ($17) for Bryce Harper ($44)? Only three players were taken for more money than Harper (McCutchen, Trout and Cabrera). Since draft dollars for next year can be traded, how much would it take to make Cespedes for Harper be worth it? Or would you take it anyway.

Next question is similar:

David Wright ($26) or Chris Davis ($35)?

My team is in last place this year because I draft poorly so I don't mind getting worse this year, I'm mostly concerned about the future. Allen Craig, Pablo Sandoval, Homer Bailey, Alex Cobb, Jose Reyes and Salazar have all had pretty lousy years / been injured.

Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Cespedes and his contract over Harper and his contract

I would prefer Wright and his contract over davis and his contract...

So I would avoid both of those deals

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Milk. 44 bucks is way too much for an over hyped Harper... and Wright has been/will be more consistent than Crush, so at a cheaper price is a no brainer.

My team is in last place this year because I draft poorly

well get yer butt on here before next year's draft/auction... I'm sure we're all itching to help!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Cespedes and his contract over Harper and his contract

I would prefer Wright and his contract over davis and his contract...

So I would avoid both of those deals

Thanks

I agree with Milk. 44 bucks is way too much for an over hyped Harper... and Wright has been/will be more consistent than Crush, so at a cheaper price is a no brainer.

well get yer butt on here before next year's draft/auction... I'm sure we're all itching to help!

Thanks. And, yeah hopefully it won't turn out as bad next year, I could have used the help.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm still at the bottom 31.5 points out of third place.

My question is about trading players I have for prospects for next year. Let me know what y'all think.

I have: (keeper value)
Aaron Harang - half price next year
Jose Quintana - half price next year
Zack Greinke - 15
Yovani Gallardo - 3
Dallas Kuechal - half price next year
Doug Fister - 4
Gio Gonzalez - 15
Hyun-Jin Ryu - 6
Alex Cobb - 9
Drew Hutchison - half price next year
Jon Gray - 1

I can keep up to six guys. Here is an offer I received:

Archie Bradley ($2) and James Paxton (half price) for Zack Greinke

My thoughts: I'm not getting enough for Greinke because even for 15 next year he is a good value. But I thought I'd see what y'all thought since Bradley could be a very good pitcher and a much better value. Maybe I'm stupid for considering it?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't do it for me, unc... I don't buy the hype on Bradley, and even if I did, that price on Greinke is too good to "sell low/future".

Be nice if you could sell off Gio (hopefully he can pitch good enough when he returns), because some still might think 15 is a good price for him... and to a point, it could be.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to get rid of Gio to help my team in the future because right now my team is still terrible. One team has Yordana Ventura (6), Taijuan Walker (4), George Springer (3), Oscar Taveras (2) and Javier Baez (1)

Out of these targets what would be a fair price for someone like Gio (15).

Thanks again for all the help this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to get rid of Gio to help my team in the future because right now my team is still terrible. One team has Yordana Ventura (6), Taijuan Walker (4), George Springer (3), Oscar Taveras (2) and Javier Baez (1)

I would try for Taveras, but that still probably won't work. No chance you get Springer. Baez is really struggling in the minors so you might be able to get him, but again, people don't like dealing elite prospects for a good/not great vet.

I am not sure who I prefer between Ventura and Walker. Probably Walker for me, but that is not really based on anything.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would try for Taveras, but that still probably won't work. No chance you get Springer. Baez is really struggling in the minors so you might be able to get him, but again, people don't like dealing elite prospects for a good/not great vet.
I am not sure who I prefer between Ventura and Walker. Probably Walker for me, but that is not really based on anything.

There is always a chance to get Springer especially if they only keep 6 players and that team needs pitching. You could always trade Gio and and outfielder to replace Springer. Giving up the extra player means nothing this year since your done so other than your potential keepers, everyone is tradable.

Oscar is an option and he has a lot of upside, but I've backed off on him slightly and put him below Springer. Of the two pitchers, you can basically flip a coin. Like Tommy I prefer Walker but would be just as happy with Ventura. I would prefer a bat to either of these guys.

If you're in complete rebuild mode, why not try for Matt Harvey or Jose Fernandez. Depending on their price tags they would both make better long term options than Walker or Ventura. I know some will warn you there is no guarantee Fernandez comes back the same, but the upside outweighs the risk in my book.