• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper League Blues

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, every year (except for last year) I laugh at guys who trade me picks for players I can't keep (we keep one mandatory and a second is optional). Last year I thought I had drafted (and kept) one hell of a good team (Foster, Martin were kept drafted Gore, Andre and McFadden next). Needless to say, injuries and underperforming players killed me (still made the playoffs though). Anyway, traded away my 6th rounder for Cobb, dude gets hurt the first quarter of the first game I had him, then traded my 7th for VJax. I knew it would hurt, but man, every mock I run I end up with a really shitty team. The only good news (well, if you wanna call it good) is we can start 4 RB's and 2 WR's. So I was thinking, maybe if I trade Martin (there are 2 teams interested) for a 4th, then I'd actually almost make up for the 6th and 7th rounders I lost. I mean the best first 5 I've ended up with is Foster, Martin, VJax,Gerhart, Andre. That's not so bad, but then I have to wait until the 8th for my next pick. I've always been one of the guys here that say mocks don't mean shit, but in a keeper (Fantasy Pros lets you set up a keeper mock) you can pretty much tell how the first few rounds are gonna go. So not sure what I'm asking here but if anybody has any bright ideas I'd love to hear what you have to say! 12 teams, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2RB/WR, 1TE, 1K and 1D. I draft 7th and we do not snake.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to say Sam, it seems so particular... but I would say I would want rounds 6 and 7 back if you can... again, not sure of your structure (who can you trade right now?)...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to say Sam, it seems so particular... but I would say I would want rounds 6 and 7 back if you can... again, not sure of your structure (who can you trade right now?)...

Man, my team ended up so injury riddled the only real guy I could trade would be Martin. I have Andre and VJax and I'm cursing myself for not keeping Cobb..............what I have been trying in these mocks is going WR/WR/WR in rounds 3-5, going RB/RB/RB in the same and of course BPA and regardless I end up pretty fucked as when I get to rounds 6-7 I take my K and D (but that's still skewed)............to top it off, if I was to throw Martin back in and take a pick in the 2nd round I end up with Cobb as my best option and I have Martin ranked higher so..............shit. Lol. Looks like I'll have to kill it in the later rounds. The bummer is I don't get a shot at some of the guys that I feel will drop to me in those rounds (Patterson, Jennings, etc).

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam - I think I'd shop Martin and see what you can get as far as picks. I'm just not sold on him this year. Too much talk of committee and the guys who played last year when he was down actually did better than he did - so they have earned a share. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam - I think I'd shop Martin and see what you can get as far as picks. I'm just not sold on him this year. Too much talk of committee and the guys who played last year when he was down actually did better than he did - so they have earned a share. ....
I'm thinking if I can get a 4th rounder for him that would be about right; like I said though, the guy I get in the second I won't have ranked as high as Martin but the extra guy in the 4th would help to make up for that. Been toying with Gronk in the 4th though.......I think with this bunch his injury history will scare them away............

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothing Sam.. sorry. . Give me the player over the picks any day. . But no basis on that.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothing Sam.. sorry. . Give me the player over the picks any day. . But no basis on that.

Yeah, I just basically fucked myself last year and will have to live with it this year. Thinking in those last rounds I'll take some shots at some of the rookies and if any pan out.......................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if I can get a 4th rounder for him that would be about right; like I said though, the guy I get in the second I won't have ranked as high as Martin but the extra guy in the 4th would help to make up for that. Been toying with Gronk in the 4th though.......I think with this bunch his injury history will scare them away............

I may be missing something, but Martin is definitely one of your better keeper values. How does it help you to deal him for a 4th? Dude is going in the 2nd in re-drafts and it isn't like you have better options to keep.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Bucs fan so my opinion may be biased but I'm actually expecting a good season out of Martin this year; they've got more weapons on offense then they've had in the past although I'm not expecting miracles; they talk about committee approach but Lovie has also said that they expect Martin to be their workhorse - he's more valuable than a 4th round pick imo so I'd be keeping him if that's all you could get

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be glad this ain't

Your Team

Doug Martin, TB
Andre Ellington, Ari
Shane Vereen, NE
Michael Floyd, Ari
St. Louis Rams, StL
Greg Zuerlein, StL
Colin Kaepernick, SF
Rueben Randle, NYG
Brandin Cooks, NO
Hakeem Nicks, Ind
Zach Ertz, Phi
Tavon Austin, StL
Bryce Brown, Buf
Kenny Britt, StL

Holy shit if my draft goes anything like this I'll be living on the wire (Foster is my keeper)..........

Tell me that was a mock for you where you basically just screwed around. If it's someone's real team, the dude needs to spunk on an SI cover with Eric Dickerson on it and get over his hard on for the Rams.:yahoo:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused, Ana. Do you keep the whole team you listed? Or just 1 or 2 guys?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused, Ana. Do you keep the whole team you listed? Or just 1 or 2 guys?

I'm keeping Foster 1:7 and Martin 2:7. I traded (like a dumbass) my 6th and 7th round picks last year. In order to run this mock, I still have to make picks in those rounds, so in order to get it as close as possible (which again, we all know mocks are just that) I will take my kicker and D in those rounds of the mocks. The only reason I've been pondering trading Martin is then I would get a pick in the supplimental draft, but it doesn't look like I'd get any upgrade at all. So yes and no, I am a huge Ram homer but rarely pick any Rams in the early rounds.............basically, I'm screwed!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be missing something, but Martin is definitely one of your better keeper values. How does it help you to deal him for a 4th? Dude is going in the 2nd in re-drafts and it isn't like you have better options to keep.

Well, if I was able to upgrade on Martin in the supplimental draft then it would have given me an upgrade on one of the picks I traded away.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm keeping Foster 1:7 and Martin 2:7. I traded (like a dumbass) my 6th and 7th round picks last year.

Still not seeing the whole picture, I guess? If you keep Foster and Martin, aren't you still drafting 14 more players?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not seeing the whole picture, I guess? If you keep Foster and Martin, aren't you still drafting 14 more players?

Yes, the mock I ran was with throwing Martin back in, and then of course he was BPA so I redrafted him.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me that was a mock for you where you basically just screwed around. If it's someone's real team, the dude needs to spunk on an SI cover with Eric Dickerson on it and get over his hard on for the Rams.:yahoo:

TREFF, the sad thing is I'm not screwing around! I'm trying BPA and any combo of WR/RB and it still ends up shitty. The only good thing is I'm "drafting" against a census ranking system and those bastards don't really make too many mistakes! My first 5 players are OK, but after taking a D and K in the 6th and 7th to make up for the picks I traded, it's all down hill from there.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this redraft with your buddies? People you know? Maybe they'll reach for players? You have more smarts than a mock Sam.