• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keep losing

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep losing while Fields continues to progress. This is the way.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss. Another step closer to the top pick. Well done.

tom_goldmine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you saying we should tank last year?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you saying we should tank last year?

Yes. And the year before. But thank goodness we didn’t because look where we are now baby.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And the year before. But thank goodness we didn’t because look where we are now baby.

We are losing without tanking.....We are in a great place with te 2nd pick.....Lets see what we can do with those picks next season.......if it foesnt bode well,well then I guess you were right,we should have tanked this year.........only time will tell.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are losing without tanking.....We are in a great place with te 2nd pick.....Let’s see what we can do with those picks next season.......if it foesnt bode well,well then I guess you were right,we should have tanked this year.........only time will tell.

Losing is losing. if your argument is we are in a great place with the 2nd pick, tanking just 3 or 4 games last year or year before would have given us just as high of a pick too then... Furthermore you need more than a high first. A high 2nd is insanely important but we have Claypool, but uhh you can’t judge this trade apparently til next year lol. Poles must have checked the do not judge til next year box.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear. There is no honor in losing. Whether you lose unintentionally or sit your future QB and let the your kids play with the understanding that doing so will lead to losing. We look like a crappy team either way, Aaron Rogers will yell he owns us either way. This is a league that lets D Watson, M Vick, and a bunch of other dishonorable people back in the game while disallowing Kapernick for exercising his freedom of speech. So let’s cut the bs. Tank and get the high pick and rebuild, be a smart organization.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing is losing. if your argument is we are in a great place with the 2nd pick, tanking just 3 or 4 games last year or year before would have given us just as high of a pick too then... Furthermore you need more than a high first. A high 2nd is insanely important but we have Claypool, but uhh you can’t judge this trade apparently til next year lol. Poles must have checked the do not judge til next year box.

Im actually assuming we trade down a bit for some extra picks.......
With that trade,I believe we will still have a top 7 pick......
And it doesnt matter how longago you wanted to start the taanking process,its the idea how our picks will pan out next season......
Tanking does no good if your players drafted are crap.......

And yes,Ive stated before we gave up too much fir CC. .....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan,its easy to say lets tank......
But as a player and coach,they dont want that,cause it just may cost them their job next season.....
Players are born and bred to give it their all on every play,if not they will be out of a job.......

If you were a player,and they tild you to take a few plays off while you were on the field,would that not stick in your mind someone younger and better will have your job next season.....??.....It would me.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan,its easy to say lets tank......
But as a player and coach,they dont want that,cause it just may cost them their job next season.....
Players are born and bred to give it their all on every play,if not they will be out of a job.......

If you were a player,and they tild you to take a few plays off while you were on the field,would that not stick in your mind someone younger and better will have your job next season.....??.....It would me.

Of course this is true. But there are many ways to get around this player passion thing. One of which I mentioned by playing the backup kids. Calling specific plays being another. Point being there are many ways to tank. Tanking is something I believe is done more so than people realize.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually assuming we trade down a bit for some extra picks.......
With that trade,I believe we will still have a top 7 pick......
And it doesnt matter how longago you wanted to start the taanking process,its the idea how our picks will pan out next season......
Tanking does no good if your players drafted are crap.......

And yes,Ive stated before we gave up too much fir CC. .....

If we trade down instead of drafting Will Anderson I would be pretty upset. But it would appear this may be a real possibility because we lost our early 2nd.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one believe that if you do not have some kind of strong culture with a strong head coach and GM tanking for any QB will not work or will rarely work. Other than Joe Burrow and possibly Josh Allen the expectation of putting the weight on this 22 year old rookie QB to come in and change the franchise around with whats already a bad roster, new head coach, no veteran leadership, and he will have divisional rivals that are very comfortable/confident in beating his team because that is all they ever did (Aaron Rodgers and the Packers) It would be an uphill battle for that rookie.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course this is true. But there are many ways to get around this player passion thing. One of which I mentioned by playing the backup kids. Calling specific plays being another. Point being there are many ways to tank. Tanking is something I believe is done more so than people realize.

I understand that........but thats basically what we did by trading away players,signing 3rd option wrs,trying to sign an injured player.......so you sbould be happy,me,I wasnt......
But our season is done,you got your wish,lets see how next years draft pans out....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking and a forced rebuilding are not the same thing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that........but thats basically what we did by trading away players,signing 3rd option wrs,trying to sign an injured player.......so you sbould be happy,me,I wasnt......
But our season is done,you got your wish,lets see how next years draft pans out....

I haven’t gotten my wish yet. We could still win. Which would be a disaster. Would you be happy if we won out?

I wasn’t happy Roquan being traded. He was young and could be a major part of the rebuild. I was happy to see Quinn gone though. A little too late though. I don’t think we would have won with either still on the roster however.

My objective would be to get the highest draft pick possible. How we get there I don’t care. intentionally tanking being the most sure fire way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t gotten my wish yet. We could still win. Which would be a disaster. Would you be happy if we won out?

I wasn’t happy Roquan being traded. He was young and could be a major part of the rebuild. I was happy to see Quinn gone though. A little too late though. I don’t think we would have won with either still on the roster however.

My objective would be to get the highest draft pick possible. How we get there I don’t care. intentionally tanking being the most sure fire way.

You/ we got our wish,I really believe we will not win another game.......

Eagles
Bills
Lions
and Vikings........

With that schedule,you donthave to tank.......our best can not beat them with the exception of a small possibility being Detroit....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You/ we got our wish,I really believe we will not win another game.......

Eagles
Bills
Lions
and Vikings........

With that schedule,you donthave to tank.......our best can not beat them with the exception of a small possibility being Detroit....

answer the question. Would you be happy if by some miracle we won out the rest of the way?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
answer the question. Would you be happy if by some miracle we won out the rest of the way?

Would I be happy.....??.....it would be called bittersweet.....

Kinda like the way last weekends gane turned out vs GB.....ended up being bittersweet....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because you would flip sh*t.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I be happy.....??.....it would be called bittersweet.....

Kinda like the way last weekends gane turned out vs GB.....ended up being bittersweet....

and therein lies the difference. There would be nothing “sweet“ about winning meaningless games causing us to draft (say) 12th instead of 2nd. Winning theses last games is like winning preseason games. we will likely lose to the eagles and bills. And then with 2 games remaining will we do the smart thing or be stupid? We shall see.