• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keenan Davis and Miami

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure is nice to see Davis get some looks in the HOF game tonight. He's got his first TD...hopefully, he can build on this and make the roster.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mr. Underachiever actually makes an NFL roster I would be shocked. He was barely good enough to be a starter for one of the worst passing teams in all of division I last year and was below average for his entire career at Iowa for someone so highly touted and with the prototype body for a big time WR. But I guess good for him, might be the highlight of his soon-to-be Arena League career.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis may actually be better on an NFL roster where he can play slot and use his big body to catch inside routes and run slants on the goal line etc etc. At Iowa he was counted on to be a true wideout and his speed wasnt up to par to do so. In the NFL when he is getting covered up by safeties or LB's he may be WAY better off IMO.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia,

I would agree with that - completely. He should draw single coverages...especially given who he plays for. Taneyhill (spelling) should be able to capitalize on that match up.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it. The kid couldn't get open vs. teams like Northwestern and Minnesota on a weekly basis. Imagine him vs. Derelle Revis??? I hope he proves me wrong, always love to see Hawks in the NFL but that kid making an NFL roster? No way.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Derelle Revis is covering him, he's on the team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it. The kid couldn't get open vs. teams like Northwestern and Minnesota on a weekly basis. Imagine him vs. Derelle Revis??? I hope he proves me wrong, always love to see Hawks in the NFL but that kid making an NFL roster? No way.

Thats the thing though Clem, he wont be being guarded by the likes of Revis. He'll be covered up by safeties or LB's if he plays a slot position. I often wondered why Iowa didnt use their big WR's in that way more often. I mean in 04 when we ran 3-4 WR formations most of the time we had HUGE wideouts like Clinton Solomon being covered by safeties and we torched people. Now we only run these 1-2 receiver sets and alot of our guys arent fast enough to get over vs B10 CB's the last few years. Even if defense go nickel coverage on us we would have our big guys being covered by 5'7 2nd and 3rd string CBs.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you need 5 yards and run 2 yard routes, the water boy and jock cleaner can cover our WR's.

With Jordan Cotton's wheels, KMM's ability to make plays across the middle and CJ's ability to handle underneath, Iowa will find a way to again only throw 7 TD's.

Or...Rudock will be Big 10 offensive breakout player of the year.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't be so logical, they tore those pages out of the playbook, but they are going no huddle this year...LOL, I think the playbook has diminished every year since KF took over

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing though Clem, he wont be being guarded by the likes of Revis. He'll be covered up by safeties or LB's if he plays a slot position. I often wondered why Iowa didnt use their big WR's in that way more often. I mean in 04 when we ran 3-4 WR formations most of the time we had HUGE wideouts like Clinton Solomon being covered by safeties and we torched people. Now we only run these 1-2 receiver sets and alot of our guys arent fast enough to get over vs B10 CB's the last few years. Even if defense go nickel coverage on us we would have our big guys being covered by 5'7 2nd and 3rd string CBs.

You're assuming he gets a slot position, which is unknown. WRs ahead of him on the depth chart currently include veterans like Brandon Gibson, Brian Hartline, Mike Wallace and yep....Mr. Marvin McNutt. McNutt is no speedster but he had/has great hands and could always get open when he needed to. I'd take McNutt any day of the week over Davis.

I don't blame the Iowa system for Davis not catching passes, I blame Davis. Can't tell you how many times we all were up in smoke about him missing catches in big situations on the CBS boards. Doesn't seem very fast and doesn't have great hands. At 6'3" and over 200lbs he's pretty average in terms of size for NFL WRs nowadays.

Like I said, I wish him well but I don't see him ever becoming an NFL WR unless he somehow got 75% better than he was just last year.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because we had a QB that could actually hit a receiver in the hands, not the feet like JVB

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KF destroys another QB with this dink and dunk bs..he can just pack up and leave. JVB was a better QB as a Freshman than he was as a senior. Coaching. Guys don't regress like that without being coached differently.