• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keanu Reeves

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might not be the best actor and not all his movies are hits, but he makes some fun ones and doesn't take himself too serious. I doubt he will ever get an Oscar or anything but that's ok.

Same sentence also applies to Arnold Schwarzenegger.... that's why I'm also a fan of Arnold. Both Keanu and Arnold have made contributions to the art/field which have helped make cinema more fun & entertaining.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Matrix is probably a top 10 movie of all time.

I would have to disagree here. I used to think that, but it doesn't hold up well in my opinion. The first is easily and by far the best, but I don't feel that any of them hold up well.

For some reason he thought if he just says half his lines quietly ten screams the other half, people will think it is acting.

DeNiro is a FAR better actor.

I would say that DeNiro is better, but he has also been putting out such SHIT lately. His last good movie was Meet the Parents.... well, I liked Silver Linings Playbook, but he wasn't really a lead or main supporting actor either.

I am right there with ya. I have never seen any of the Godfathers and I love mob/gangster movies

Yeah, I like Scarface. I think Goodfellas is amazing. The Godfather movies just never intrigued me. One day I know I will sit down and watch at least the first 2, but that day is not today.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to disagree here. I used to think that, but it doesn't hold up well in my opinion. The first is easily and by far the best, but I don't feel that any of them hold up well.

I would say that DeNiro is better, but he has also been putting out such SHIT lately. His last good movie was Meet the Parents.... well, I liked Silver Linings Playbook, but he wasn't really a lead or main supporting actor either.

Yeah, I like Scarface. I think Goodfellas is amazing. The Godfather movies just never intrigued me. One day I know I will sit down and watch at least the first 2, but that day is not today.
What about the Matrix do you think doesn’t hold up?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it in a few years, so I can’t really argue how well it has held up, but it was ground breaking in many ways when it came out.

I just wish the Wachowski sibs hadn’t gone completely nutzo and could put out good shit again.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen it in a few years, so I can’t really argue how well it has held up, but it was ground breaking in many ways when it came out.

I just wish the Wachowski sibs hadn’t gone completely nutzo and could put out good shit again.
That’s why I asked how it doesn’t hold up, because if he means the CGI and effects, that shit pushed the envelope and was groundbreaking at the time, even if it lacks by today’s standards. It’s like saying Terminator 2 or Jurassic Park doesn’t hold up.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knock Knock

The movie sucks, but the chicks are complete smoke shows, and are nude.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Matrix do you think doesn’t hold up?

For starters the graphics REALLY don't hold up. I know it is a product of the times, but it is sad to look at such an iconic movie at the time and see it fail so hard in that avenue while the original Star Wars looks amazing compared to the Matric triology.

Personally, the music sucks too.

Bullet time was jacked and done better.

Story is dumb looking back too.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters the graphics REALLY don't hold up. I know it is a product of the times, but it is sad to look at such an iconic movie at the time and see it fail so hard in that avenue while the original Star Wars looks amazing compared to the Matric triology.

Personally, the music sucks too.

Bullet time was jacked and done better.

Story is dumb looking back too.
I completely disagree with about everything you said. Except the jacked and done better part. No movie that ever used ground breaking effects and helped the technology evolve (like the matrix did) can claim that it was never improved upon after.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the wife's xmas gifs this year, were wrapped in this...

il_570xN.1530988980_ag9v.jpg

and this...

il_570xN.1533948026_2aia.jpg

lulz

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Driver is like an ugly Keanu Reeves with range. I'd be fine with him stealing all of Reeves' roles except for John Wick at this point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cage has a higher ceiling than Reeves
Best Reeves movie = Matrix
Best Cage movie = Leaving Las Vegas (not counting Fast Times)

Advantage Reeves.

Top 5 Reeves movies = Matrix, Bill & Ted, Speed, Wick, Point Break
Top 5 Cage movies = Vegas, Rock, Face/Off, (anything else worth a shit?)

Advantage Reeves.

Actual acting chops when they were younger is the only thing Cage has going for him. Reeves has him beat in every other argument.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Reeves movie = Matrix
Best Cage movie = Leaving Las Vegas (not counting Fast Times)

Advantage Reeves.

Top 5 Reeves movies = Matrix, Bill & Ted, Speed, Wick, Point Break
Top 5 Cage movies = Vegas, Rock, Face/Off, (anything else worth a shit?)

Advantage Reeves.

Actual acting chops when they were younger is the only thing Cage has going for him. Reeves has him beat in every other argument.

Your argument is predicated on Reeves being in better movies.

Nicolas Cage is a far more capable actor (at any age).