1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Basketball Forum' started by CitySushi, Jun 15, 2018.

1. tlance

tlance Kyrie Hater

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,200

A homeless man's Kawhi maybe.

Covington is good, but there is no comparison here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tlance

tlance Kyrie Hater

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,200

Covington is nothing like Iggy though. Both great defenders and both are long.that is all they have in common.

Covington is basically a spot up shooter offensively. Iggy is like the opposite of that. He is a point forward who can create and does not shoot very well.

3. tlance

tlance Kyrie Hater

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,200

Butler is almost defintely leaving next year too. They would have a better chance of keeping Kawhi than keeping Butler, IMO.

Spurs would not likely do this however. Unless Butler were willing to extend.

4. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 500

I don't think it is worth it for the Heat to trade even two of them.

5. flyerhawk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 500

The one thing Kawhi has been very clear about is he doesn't want to play in a backwater any more. He wants to go to a major media market. If we assume the reports are accurate, there is a 0% chance that Kawhi would resign with Minny. Butler is a better chance, if they get rid of Wiggins.

6. Heatles84

Heatles84 AKA AllaboutdatU!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 829

Winslow's a quality player and Richardson's pretty good for what was a 2nd round pick. I like Bam, but if Kawhi's fully healthy and can play at this level for another 8-10 years, I'll gladly take him down in Miami; that's if he were to re-sign with us as well.

7. flyerhawk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 500

That's the thing. If you give up those guys, how good would the Heat be next year? And how likely would the Heat be to resign Kawhi?

Bam is replaceable, IMO. Good player but replaceable. Winslow has shown signs of being very good. I think Richardson could be a very good player as well. He's my favorite of the bunch right now, although I really liked Winslow coming out of college and I hate Dukies.

8. tlance

tlance Kyrie Hater

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,200

I think it is almost 0 that butler resigns.

Regardless what his people say about the big market desires, there would be a small chance of Kawhi resigning if he liked playing with kAT.

9. Heatles84

Heatles84 AKA AllaboutdatU!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 829

To me, Winslow had taken a lot of time to develop. Having said that, he's only 22 years old, so there is time. As you've mentioned Bam's replaceable. The one I'd truly miss is Richardson. But yes, my trade is contingent upon Kawhi wanting to stay in Miami long-term. If we're talking a 1-year rental, then that'd be a completely dumb move on Miami's part.

10. flyerhawk

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 500

Honestly, I think it is a risk for EVERY team. Even the Lakers. He just spit the bit with the Spurs seemingly out of nowhere.

That's why the Lakers, Sixers, and Celtics aren't willing to go all in to get Kawhi. Too much.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raw_Bee808

Raw_Bee808 Gifted Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. trojanfan12

trojanfan12 R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,459

Yeah, the biggest problem, imo, is that we're hearing nothing directly from Kawhi himself. It's all rumors that are being attributed to him.

For the Lakers, they aren't giving up all of what the Spurs are asking for unless they get assurances from Kawhi and even then, if the rumors true, they have no reason to give the Spurs what they want when they can sign him next season.

The Sixers and Celtics look like they are going to be ruling the East for the next several years with what they already have. Why risk that for a guy who may be a 1 year rental?

The Raptors apparently being strongly in the mix is interesting. Of the teams most likely to replace the Cavs at the top of the East, they look to be the odd team out. Their best option at this point may be to take a flyer with Kawhi and then see if they perform well enough to convince him to stay.

Best case, he does. Worst case, he doesn't and they go into a rebuild that was probably coming anyway.

13. raptorlife4

raptorlife4 Long Time Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,600

#IbelieveinMasai

• Like Like x 1
  14. msgkings322

msgkings322 Throbbing Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,200

#IbelieveIcantouchthesky

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bloody Brian Burke

Bloody Brian Burke #1 CFL Fan!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 511

Is there anything from a source that isn't a bookie or a blog that the Raptors and Spurs are even talking?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. shopson67

shopson67 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

With both Butler and Kawhi being defensive minded, they may have similar issues with KAT's supposed lazy work habits.

17. tlance

tlance Kyrie Hater

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 12,200

They might.

I am not suggesting the Wolves should trade for Kawhi. I am only explaining why they might think it worth the risk.

18. True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan Los Angeles Lakers Fan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 977

The Spurs may have waited too long and over-played their hand in making demands on Leonard who has already reportedly told teams that would not sign with anyone but the Lakers next year. Now the Thunder gambled and won on Paul George - so that makes it possible for another team to do the same thing, but I do think that the Spurs leverage is diminished in comparison to now - before LeBron - the Lakers would have given up plenty, but now with the Damien Lillard wanting out of Portland - they might consider waiting on Leonard til next year and see what happens. It would make more sense for the Lakers to wait and buy out Luol Deng so that his salary is wrapped up this year. Then the Lakers have another 40 million or more to sign two more players and their current young players will be even more valuable or better

19. ManuForever

ManuForever Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

That was one thing on the podcast with Mike Wright that I agreed with. If he's so upset about Parker and Manu's comments, which were taken completely out of context when you actually watch the videos, what the hell is he gonna do when someone like LaVar mouths off and says something about him? If he's this sensitive in a tiny media market like San Antonio, he will absolutely crumble elsewhere.

Also...I really want no part of anything Toronto has to offer. I like Kyle Lowry and Valanciunas, but that's about all I'd want from them. DeRozan is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's reliable enough in the long run.

20. Raw_Bee808

Raw_Bee808 Gifted Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000