• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kansas city star headline

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really shocked me was the goal line fumble that Luck put in, how Chefs did not get a hat on him is almost inexcusable, Luck should have had his head taken off.

I suppose that's true. I thought it was an extremely heads up play by Luck. I suspect he probably spotted the ball and reacted to it before any of the KC defenders knew what had happened. Lines of sight aren't always clear down in the trenches.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose that's true. I thought it was an extremely heads up play by Luck. I suspect he probably spotted the ball and reacted to it before any of the KC defenders knew what had happened. Lines of sight aren't always clear down in the trenches.

Oh yeah, when the ball bounces like that you know the football gods are smiling on you. KC looked gassed at that point, tough way to lose a game, 44 points on the road, took the ball away numerous times, really surprised at some of Andy's play calls down the stretch.

I feel bad for the Chefs, it was a microcosm of their season, much like the 9-0 start. I expected them to represent the division a little better, the injuries were devastating.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for blowing that kind of lead, with that amount of time left.

Andy Reid is one of the most overrated coaches in NFL history IMO.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I've never seen a collapse like that as I watched the Oilers-Bills game from '91 when Houston blew a 35 point lead or whatever it was...

But that was ugly.

That was one LONG flight home to KC.

What's worse?

There is no next week to get that bad taste out of their mouths, so they have to live with that game until Sept.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't say I've never seen a collapse like that as I watched the Oilers-Bills game from '91 when Houston blew a 35 point lead or whatever it was...

But that was ugly.

What's worse?

There is no next week to get that bad taste out of their mouths, so they have to live with that game until Sept.

:agree: That Bills/Oilers game was even more amazing considering the QB was a back-up and not a first overall draft pick. This was really tough for KC fans, for sure but it was a great 4th qtr. Gotta give the Colts their due. They got the momentum and the injuries to KC hurt but they did what they had to to win. I think when fans can calm down and see things clearly, they will realize that Andy Reid and Alex Smith did a really good job. The defense was gassed and losing their superstar RB and his back-up in that game is devastating. Tough break that could have given them a chance to chew up the clock. Scoring 44 on the road should usually get you a win but it didn't. Not the end of the world, just a game and calling it horse shit diminishes everything the team accomplished this year.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs fan on a Chiefs forum:

"Like so many on this board, I treated Andrew Luck's (regular season) victory against us as an aberration. Our one really bad game of the season. And it was a bad game. But today he came back and in the second half I saw why he was the Colt's number one draft pick and why he is regarded the best up and coming quarterback in the NFL. I had my doubts. I have been dutifully taken to school and I believe it all now. ...
But God as my witness when we were up 38 to 10 I didn't see this coming.
And I have to ask.....were we that inept? Were our injuries the principal cause?
OR....what I hate to suspect but tend to believe..... Is Andrew Luck capable of hanging 35 points on the Chiefs in one half.
Did the stars just align and everything go bad?
Or is it the one place we can't bring ourselves to admit.....that Andrew Luck really is that good. Or at least, he was that good today.
Keep your head up boys. We didn't climb to the top of the mountain. But after this weekend only 4 teams out of 32 will get that chance. We had a chance to be one of those four and that means that 22 teams got to watch us try to climb on television. We got the chance. That's all we could ask for."

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs fan on a Chiefs forum:

"Like so many on this board, I treated Andrew Luck's (regular season) victory against us as an aberration. Our one really bad game of the season. And it was a bad game. But today he came back and in the second half I saw why he was the Colt's number one draft pick and why he is regarded the best up and coming quarterback in the NFL. I had my doubts. I have been dutifully taken to school and I believe it all now. ...
But God as my witness when we were up 38 to 10 I didn't see this coming.
And I have to ask.....were we that inept? Were our injuries the principal cause?
OR....what I hate to suspect but tend to believe..... Is Andrew Luck capable of hanging 35 points on the Chiefs in one half.
Did the stars just align and everything go bad?
Or is it the one place we can't bring ourselves to admit.....that Andrew Luck really is that good. Or at least, he was that good today.
Keep your head up boys. We didn't climb to the top of the mountain. But after this weekend only 4 teams out of 32 will get that chance. We had a chance to be one of those four and that means that 22 teams got to watch us try to climb on television. We got the chance. That's all we could ask for."

What?

Aberration? No, play as poorly as they did on defense and they will lose like that every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that was ugly.

What's worse?

Good news is that a direct flight from IND to KC is only one hour. But yeah, KC looks pretty cold right now. in KC, they dyed a fountain red in honor of the Chiefs, and now it looks like a giant nightmare red octopus/crab looking creature...

chiefsfountain-590x440.jpg

redfountain1-590x590.jpg

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that a direct flight from IND to KC is only one hour. But yeah, KC looks pretty cold right now. in KC, they dyed a fountain red in honor of the Chiefs, and now it looks like a giant nightmare red octopus/crab looking creature...

URL]

URL]

I do have to say I had a good laugh as I drove by there.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most points overcome to win a NFL playoff game

32 - Houston at Buffalo 1992 AFC first round Oilers were up 35-3 then Bills came back to win 41-38, OT

28 - Chiefs at Indianapolis 2013 AFC first round

24 - N.Y. Giants at San Francisco 2002 NFC first round Giants were up 38-14 then 49ers came back to win 39-38. "As long as you live, you might never see a game better than that,'' said 49ers coach Steve Mariucci.
49er QB Jeff Garcia said: "It's one of those things where you're in the park playing with your buddies,'' said Garcia, who got his first playoff victory. "You try to emulate what the great ones do, what Joe Montana and Steve Young did. Now I'm that guy. Maybe some kid wants to be Jeff Garcia. That's an awesome feeling.''
New York got to the San Francisco 23 with 6 seconds left. But the snapper snapped the snap too low and the holder couldn't handle it.
"This is about the worst loss I have ever felt in my entire life,'' said Giants coach Jim Fassel. "I'm not going to get over this one for a while.''
Tiki Barber , who had 115 yards rushing and 62 yards receiving, blew a kiss to the stunned Candlestick crowd after he scored to put New York up 35-14.
Jeremy Shockey, the Giants' brash rookie tight end, taunted the 49ers' sideline after just his second reception -- and threw ice water in the direction of heckling fans in a moment of frustration on the New York sideline. But Shockey, who had seven catches for 68 yards, dropped a potential TD pass late in the third quarter, forcing New York to kick a field goal. The Giants never scored again

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan, I know a little bit about heartbreaking defeats(post-season and regular season). If I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't have gotten much sleep last night.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have it happen like that....

You HAD the game...you were up by 28!!! That's FOUR TD's for crying out loud, and you let it slip away like that?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have it happen like that....

You HAD the game...you were up by 28!!! That's FOUR TD's for crying out loud, and you let it slip away like that?

Lewis and Robinson will be gone after this. Not even their biggest homers can deny it now. Sutton will be fired if the execution in his defense is as horrific as it was in the 2nd half next year.:gaah:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain Chiefs.

This was classic Andy Reid. He stubbornly insists on passing and horrific clock management in calling timeouts to get off even more pass plays.

The Chiefs were up 28 points, yet inexplicably attempted 10 passes to 3 runs in the first four series after halftime.

I know you don't want to go into a shell, but there has to be some attempt to run the ball.
He did this for years in Philly. He would ride an uber-talented young defensive core to double digit regular season wins and than go PASS-HAPPY to postseason failures.

You will learn the PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS LOSE Reid game soon enough.
And it doesn't matter about injuries, he cannot help himself with healthy rosters.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this prove that their torrid start to the season was all smoke and mirrors??

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Chiefs, but...

I feel terrible for their fans. To have that happen, after up 28 points, after being 2-14 last year, after waiting 20 years for a playoff win.... ouch! Having been on the wrong end of some terrible losses as a Charger fan I know how they feel, and this one had to be worse. Would've been pretty cool to have 3 AFC West teams in the final 4.

I'll have to follow up my thank you card to Succop with a sympathy card.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this prove that their torrid start to the season was all smoke and mirrors??

Not really...they were never as good as the torrid start, but imo they came in and dismanteled the Colts in their own building and their coaches let them down.

Going prevent DEF in the 3Q and trying to go back to pressure when they started coming back was a huge mistake...the MO had changed...when you have the lead in professional sports you must squash the opponent and they didn't do that defensively.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say considering Sutton doesn't adjust for anything. Nope, just let them keep scoring Sutton, you have 5 pro bowlers and 3 all pros on defense! We are invincible... LOL...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't do anything but laugh anymore. The Chiefs may as well be the Cubs of the NFL at this point.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chiefsfountain-590x440.jpg

redfountain1-590x590.jpg

Holy crap! That is fucking awesome. Thanks for sharing.