• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Off the Field

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you didn't know this, Tebow trademarked his last season. Maybe that's why they lost to the Patriots that year and then he didn't play much in New York - he was just too distracted.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernicking.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tattoos. Fails for accuracy and some I know will feel it fails for being cool. And he's missing the knees, so those who think he's like RGIII don't have to worry about him getting hurt, he doesn't even have them. Similar thing with ankles and feet.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No tattoos. Fails for accuracy and some I know will feel it fails for being cool. And he's missing the knees, so those who think he's like RGIII don't have to worry about him getting hurt, he doesn't even have them. Similar thing with ankles and feet.

I have a feeling the fake Kaepernick tattoo sleeves are coming next

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double-post.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this now on ESPN's ticker:

An Indiana man gave up his trademarks on "Harbowl" and "Harbaugh Bowl" earlier this year after NFL said it was concerned trademarks could be confused with league's trademark of Super Bowl, ESPN's Darren Rovell reports. Man says he filed for trademarks last February in anticipation that Ravens coach John Harbaugh and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh might meet in Super Bowl.

<<<<<

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to me how much this bothers some of you guys. This is a business and this kid wants to make some money. After this season I'm sure he's got HUGE endorsements coming his way, he'll be up there with Peyton, Brady and RGIII.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An Indiana man gave up his trademarks on "Harbowl" and "Harbaugh Bowl" earlier this year after NFL said it was concerned trademarks could be confused with league's trademark of Super Bowl, ESPN's Darren Rovell reports. Man says he filed for trademarks last February in anticipation that Ravens coach John Harbaugh and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh might meet in Super Bowl.

The league went heavy on this guy.....first he wanted money, so they threatened to sue. So then he just asked for 2 Colts season tickets and some other minor memorabilia....so they threatened to sue even more. They weren't messing around here at all, they probably had no real legal case against the guy, so just bury him with lawyers till he cried uncle.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league went heavy on this guy.....first he wanted money, so they threatened to sue. So then he just asked for 2 Colts season tickets and some other minor memorabilia....so they threatened to sue even more. They weren't messing around here at all, they probably had no real legal case against the guy, so just bury him with lawyers till he cried uncle.

I know that Harbowl is not like Super Bowl, where it is clearly owned by the NFL, and trademarking the term is not the same as domain extortion, but I read something on this - I can't find it now, but here's the gist. Maybe in addition to the confusion thing listed above, maybe this is where they are coming from and making analogies for policy?

15 USC 1129, Cyberpiracy protections for individuals (BitLaw)
When cybersquatters try the extortion game « Ugh!!?s Greymatter Honeypot
Cyber squatting and domain extortion | TechBurgh | Uncategorized | News | Views | Reviews |

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's funny to me how much this bothers some of you guys. This is a business and this kid wants to make some money. After this season I'm sure he's got HUGE endorsements coming his way, he'll be up there with Peyton, Brady and RGIII.

I may just have to go to Main street in Disneyland for his parade.

And it better be Disneyland & not Disney World!

How do you do a West Side Smiley?

:West Side:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case you didn't know this, Tebow trademarked his last season. Maybe that's why they lost to the Patriots that year and then he didn't play much in New York - he was just too distracted.

Kaepernick probably hasn't spent more than 10 minutes thinking about this. The idea probably came from someone else and his agent advised him to go ahead and apply for the trademark.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick probably hasn't spent more than 10 minutes thinking about this. The idea probably came from someone else and his agent advised him to go ahead and apply for the trademark.

Yep, I'm not sure if you saw the other thread - Skip Bayless kept talking about how this was a huge distraction for a young kid in Kaepernick. I and a few others spent a few posts mocking it. So that's why I talked about distraction. Since this is a different thread, I probably should have added a ;).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm not sure if you saw the other thread - Skip Bayless kept talking about how this was a huge distraction for a young kid in Kaepernick. I and a few others spent a few posts mocking it. So that's why I talked about distraction. Since this is a different thread, I probably should have added a ;).

I thought you probably were being sarcastic, but I wasn't sure. Sorry. I know that some people (Rams fans) really believe it is a distraction. I checked out that Rams board where they are bashing Kaep over this whole thing. Pathetic.