• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick gets increased reps with 1st team

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers | Colin Kaepernick sees first-team reps - NFL Hot off the Wire

Averaging 128 passing yard per game might have something to do with it. Anyone think there's a possibility of seeing him in versus the Bengals? Anyone see him starting by week eight(which is after our bye week)?

6157508238_96ebe070b6_m.jpg

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers | Colin Kaepernick sees first-team reps - NFL Hot off the Wire

Averaging 128 passing yard per game might have something to do with it. Anyone think there's a possibility of seeing him in versus the Bengals? Anyone see him starting by week eight(which is after our bye week)?

6157508238_96ebe070b6_m.jpg

Harbaugh is more to blame than Smith for the 128; however, if this is a harbinger of a near future intention, then I would put my money on the six sacks having something to do with it.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh is more to blame than Smith for the 128; however, if this is a harbinger of a near future intention, then I would put my money on the six sacks having something to do with it.

More to do with Kaep being a better scrambler or are you talking about the concussion Smith had due to one (or more) of those sacks?

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap wont see the playing field for a while if not all season. Cant see him playing at all unless smith goes down or we have a terrible record towards the end of the season. Smith hasnt really done anything to lose his starting spot, especially with harbaugh's conservative play calling.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More to do with Kaep being a better scrambler or are you talking about the concussion Smith had due to one (or more) of those sacks?

I think more the former than the latter, Kap may simply have better all-around pocket presence. Another possibility is that Harbaugh sees an injury in Smiths future because right now the way to beat our offsense is to stack the box and blitz.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a precaution if Smith can't go or if he gets knocks out early....

But I do like Prime getting reps, I'd like to see the guy get in there and see what he can do.

Maybe Harbs saw something in Alex's pocket presence during those 6 sacks(hopefully notice bad protection) that made him give Prime more looks?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy the premise that Alex is a stop-gap in which Harbaugh brought in to give Kaepernick time (not saying Harbaugh is right that Kap will work out, just saying that that's the plan). But I don't buy the idea that he brought in Smith, saw him scramble for a TD, rush more than he has in the past, have no time to avoid the snap (without the bail-out run habit), and then turn to Kaep quickly. I say this is precautionary because of the concussion plus practical because of how many times people are getting through our line.

I personally think Harbaugh will play whoever is best this year, next year, and in the future. He won't do a QB carousel like Singletary but I think if Alex continues to progress, he may buy some time for Kaep to develop next year. If next year Alex progresses more, he may be the starter for awhile. Note, I'm not saying it's likely that Alex progresses so but rather that Harbaugh wouldn't shelve Smith just for Kaep.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't be surprised if Kaep works in a few plays in specific situations this week to give the defense a new look.

However bad Alex Smith plays this year, it would be a bad situation to push Kaep into significant action too soon, especially with an offense that's not on the same page at this point. We have a stop-gap QB in place and just need to ride it out, even though it's frustrating.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well considering how bad the line is, it wouldn't be a surprise is smith gets hurt. not to mention i would like to see some designed plays for kap.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason for Kaep getting the practice time was the injury to Smith. The team has to be ready in case Smith was no cleared to play. Even after he was cleared they have to be ready in case he takes another big hit.

Smith has been about the only good thing on offense so far this season.

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys need to stop taking everything so seriously. Smith was diagnosed with a concussion last weekend. We need a capable backup. This is nothing more that just making sure our backup knows what he is doing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I buy the premise that Alex is a stop-gap in which Harbaugh brought in to give Kaepernick time (not saying Harbaugh is right that Kap will work out, just saying that that's the plan). But I don't buy the idea that he brought in Smith, saw him scramble for a TD, rush more than he has in the past, have no time to avoid the snap (without the bail-out run habit), and then turn to Kaep quickly. I say this is precautionary because of the concussion plus practical because of how many times people are getting through our line.

I personally think Harbaugh will play whoever is best this year, next year, and in the future. He won't do a QB carousel like Singletary but I think if Alex continues to progress, he may buy some time for Kaep to develop next year. If next year Alex progresses more, he may be the starter for awhile. Note, I'm not saying it's likely that Alex progresses so but rather that Harbaugh wouldn't shelve Smith just for Kaep.

i'm with this view

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't be surprised if Kaep works in a few plays in specific situations this week to give the defense a new look.

However bad Alex Smith plays this year, it would be a bad situation to push Kaep into significant action too soon, especially with an offense that's not on the same page at this point. We have a stop-gap QB in place and just need to ride it out, even though it's frustrating.

yep.

the question is when? when does the O-line start to gel? we already know (well...some don't post like they know) Alex Smith isn't wearing a cape.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You guys need to stop taking everything so seriously. Smith was diagnosed with a concussion last weekend. We need a capable backup. This is nothing more that just making sure our backup knows what he is doing.

+1