• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick and Cam photo

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Harbaugh/Baalke cared how Kaepernick dressed when they interviewed him and watched him work out? Professional teams don't give a shit how you dress as long as you can play and don't get into any trouble. The 49ers are not embarrassed by how Kaepernick dresses, so stop trying to project your prejudices onto them. The fact that Kaepernick is continuing to get invited to all these events despite his attire must infuriate you.

And for godsakes, this was charity event for a kids game awards show on CARTOON NETWORK. Some of you are acting like he wore a hat while meeting the President.

I'm 100 % certain they did. The boys did a good on this thing raising money for kids but Kaepernick is still an embarrassment the way he presents himself in public. It just looks like he has no class or style; definitely not someone you want representing a multi billion dollar business.

As for it infuriating me, no I think its laughable, his attempt to be a gangster.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm 100 % certain they did. The boys did a good on this thing raising money for kids but Kaepernick is still an embarrassment the way he presents himself in public. It just looks like he has no class or style; definitely not someone you want representing a multi billion dollar business.

As for it infuriating me, no I think its laughable, his attempt to be a gangster.

So let's say you are correct and they did care. They still drafted him, didn't they? What does that tell you?

This issue only embarrasses you. There is no proof that the Niners have any problems with his attire. And it doesn't seem to embarrass any of the companies that continue to sponsor him and invite him to events.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Kap chooses to wear his cap or how dresses is his business. He's not embarrassing the Niners or they would have said something to him. All I care about is that he stays out of trouble and works on his reads and progression. He also needs to learn how to throw more accurately in the pocket. If he works on these off season, then he's doing his job to help the team. That's all I care about.

Its not. Not when he is representing the 49ers and the NFL. They finally had to say "we don't give a shit if we are called racist" in the NBA and force those clowns to wear proper attire on the bench and traveling to games. But the parts you mention above, I agree, are far more important to me than him looking like a stooge away from work".

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm missing what you could have possibly missed. Potential employers want to see what you post / what your friends say / see pictures of you outside of work. Why? They judge you by how you conduct yourself even on your own time. They're realistic about what to expect from people.

You said employers ask for your Facebook password. Obviously they don't hack into your account or anything, they would just search for you.

It was such odd wording I thought maybe you were making some sort of joke.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say you are correct and they did care. They still drafted him, didn't they? What does that tell you?

This issue only embarrasses you. There is no proof that the Niners have any problems with his attire. And it doesn't seem to embarrass any of the companies that continue to sponsor him and invite him to events.

Really? Did you notice how he dressed during Super Bowl week when he was hawking his products for his sponsors.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really? Did you notice how he dressed during Super Bowl week when he was hawking his products for his sponsors.

Yes and...you're assuming they told him to dress like that? Maybe that's what he wanted to wear in the cold NY weather. Let's see what he wears the next time he is "hawking his products for his sponsors" before jumping to conclusions.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and...you're assuming they told him to dress like that? Maybe that's what he wanted to wear in the cold NY weather. Let's see what he wears the next time he is "hawking his products for his sponsors" before jumping to conclusions.

I am. Just like everyone else who is told to wear acceptable attire in the workplace.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am. Just like everyone else who is told to wear acceptable attire in the workplace.

He finally wears clothes you like for one week in NY and you immediately think you know why. Before you pat yourself on the back, how about waiting to see if this a trend, shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finally wears clothes you like for one week in NY and you immediately think you know why. Before you pat yourself on the back, how about waiting to see if this a trend, shall we?

Wait till you see his first comercial for Jaguar, I guarantee you he won't be dressed as ridiculously as he does for Beats.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait till you see his first comercial for Jaguar, I guarantee you he won't be dressed as ridiculously as he does for Beats.

You have to wonder why a high class car company would want anything to do with Kap in the first place?

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how's this one? People in the entertainment industry, the majority of the time, are huge d-bags. Is that fair enough?

Note: I said the majority of the time. The exceptions to the rule don't mean the generalization doesn't have any truth to it. That's why it's a generalization.

This is why stereotypes or generalizations are silly. To judge an entire group by one set of standards or expectations is absurd. Only the lazy and uninformed use stereotypes and generalizations in an argument. A few CHP officers died today in a car accident and more than a few people wrote that all cops are corrupt and they both probably deserved it. Using this logic it is acceptable and right to label an entire group of people as dirty and corrupt for what a few a-holes did. Applying that logic to this discussion, Kap is a gangster douche thug because he dresses the way he chooses to dress and that is in someway indicative of who he really is. And that is quite a leap without actually knowing the man.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0ap2000000309752_video_cp.jpg

Is it me or do they remind you of Bert and Ernie?

85926444-bert-and.jpg

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0ap2000000309752_video_cp.jpg

Is it me or do they remind you of Bert and Ernie?

85926444-bert-and.jpg

Haha, nice

I don't think Kap and Gore are a gay couple but you would have to ask Toby to make sure

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You said employers ask for your Facebook password. Obviously they don't hack into your account or anything, they would just search for you.

It was such odd wording I thought maybe you were making some sort of joke.

Wrong. Some employers have asked for full access to your facebook account. That isn't hacking; they're asking you to actually give them the password to see the stuff on your account. I'm surprised you've never heard this before.

They do this because realistic people know there's a connection between one's work performance and their attitudes / behaviours outside of work (or in NFL terms both off & on the field).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is why stereotypes or generalizations are silly. To judge an entire group by one set of standards or expectations is absurd.

It's really not. Nobody argues that a stereotype will predict the beaviour of any one individual. But just going by the odds some indicators will make it a lot more likely that certain behaviours are present. For example: if a guy is walking down the street with his pants sagging, wearing a tank top, with a lot of tattoos and a chain around his neck doesn't mean he's been arrested, he's unemployed, he has an illegitimate child he doesn't take care of, he uses illegal drugs or that he's more likely to break into your house or rob you. It doesn't. To assume those things about any one particular individual would be foolish.

However, just going by the odds, it's probably about 20 times more likely that those things are true about him than about the guy across the street who's wearing non-saggy jeans, a t-shirt, no chain & has no tattoos.

I'm not supporting an extreme position here; you are. I don't call what you see about a person in 1 second proof about his or her lifestyle. But I also don't say it indicates absolutely nothing about a person.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's really not. Nobody argues that a stereotype will predict the beaviour of any one individual. But just going by the odds some indicators will make it a lot more likely that certain behaviours are present. For example: if a guy is walking down the street with his pants sagging, wearing a tank top, with a lot of tattoos and a chain around his neck doesn't mean he's been arrested, he's unemployed, he has an illegitimate child he doesn't take care of, he uses illegal drugs or that he's more likely to break into your house or rob you. It doesn't. To assume those things about any one particular individual would be foolish.

However, just going by the odds, it's probably about 20 times more likely that those things are true about him than about the guy across the street who's wearing non-saggy jeans, a t-shirt, no chain & has no tattoos.

I'm not supporting an extreme position here; you are. I don't call what you see about a person in 1 second proof about his or her lifestyle. But I also don't say it indicates absolutely nothing about a person.

Stereotypes are flawed beyond belief, and very few stereotypes are as extreme as your example...

Take your avatar for example. If I was new to this site, and judging you by your own reasoning, it would be safe to assume that you are a dickhead Hawk fan trolling the Niner board bashing Colin Kaepernick at every chance you could get. I could also construde the meaning of your message board name as an insult toward the 49ers, as in "eww or gross you have NinerSickness"...

It probably wouldn't be fair to you... But thats not my problem, its yours. Because afterall it was you that had on the dickhead uniform and were acting like a troll...

Stereotyping is nothing more than assuming or even gambling that you know more than you actually do. Even if a stereotype is 50% correct, that still leaves you with a 50% chance of being wrong...

This was purely hypothetical, Sick ;)

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading some of these comments, bunch of bitches

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Take your avatar for example. If I was new to this site, and judging you by your own reasoning, it would be safe to assume that you are a dickhead Hawk fan trolling the Niner board bashing Colin Kaepernick at every chance you could get.

You shouldn't ASSUME that was correct, but it would actually be a pretty reasonable guess based on the limited information you had. Just like it's a pretty reasonable guess that if you see a woman with a what looks like a diamond ring on her left ring finger she's married. She might not be; I know women who wear fake ones to keep guys from hitting on them. It's still a pretty reasonable guess though, and most of the time it'd be right.

When a guy on the street comes up to me to talk to me, why do I know EVERY SINGLE TIME if he's going to ask me for money before he asks? Not everyone who talks to me asks me for money, and they're not all disheveled, homeless people. But I still know they're gonna ask me for money. I know by looking at them, and I'm right every time.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all black people are thug/gangsters than all white people must live in trailers and fuck their sister lol