• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick and Cam photo

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick and Newton are teaming up for a charity.

You do know that the NFL is a tax exempt "CHARITY" right? And the #1 recipient of charitable donations happens to be the NFL Hall of Fame...So all NFL players are teaming up for charity. :suds:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on a message board bitching about our star QB clothing attire? Haha get a life loser

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The people here who say it doesn't matter how Kaepernick looks / acts on his own time are unrealistic IMO. It's quixotic to think there's no tie between off-field attitude and on-field performance. Why do you think potential employers ask for your facebook password? Because they see a tie between how you conduct yourself off the field and what they expect of you at work.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people here who say it doesn't matter how Kaepernick looks / acts on his own time are unrealistic IMO. It's quixotic to think there's no tie between off-field attitude and on-field performance. Why do you think potential employers ask for your facebook password? Because they see a tie between how you conduct yourself off the field and what they expect of you at work.

I'm not sure what to make of this post, other than maybe you don't know how Facebook works.

Was this some sort of sarcasm that I missed?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not sure what to make of this post, other than maybe you don't know how Facebook works.

I'm missing what you could have possibly missed. Potential employers want to see what you post / what your friends say / see pictures of you outside of work. Why? They judge you by how you conduct yourself even on your own time. They're realistic about what to expect from people.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aside from the Facebook part, what he said is spot on. If someone walked in my office looking for a job with his hat on sideways, he wouldn't even get an application form. I'd send him on down to McDonald's.

I've booted more than one teenage punk out of my house for having his hat on sideways or his ass
hanging out of his pants, much to my daughter's embarrassment. I actually had one of her suitors address me as "homie" when he spoke to me. He found himself out on the front porch real quick.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder what Richie Incognito's Facebook looks like... :whistle:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
th

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Snoop. He makes no bones about what he is or excuses for his beliefs and his actions. If there is a more politically incorrect entertainer in America, I haven't heard of him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

:laugh3:

Thank you for COMPLETELY proving my point.

Yes, Snoop Dogg is a convicted felon?

Other Known Disturbances and Arrests: •1990s - Snoop Dog was arrested for possession of cocaine. Over the next three years he spent time in and out of prison.

•July 1993 - Snoop was stopped for a traffic violation and a firearm was found by police while conducting a search of his car. In February 1997 he plead guilty to one count of being an ex-felon in possession of a handgun and was ordered to record three public service announcements, pay a $1,000 fine, and serve three years probation.

•August 1993 - Snoop was charged for being an accomplice to the murder of Phillip Woldermarian. In February 1996, with the help of attorney Jonnie Cochran, Snoop was found not guilty of all charges but voluntary manslaughter, on which the jury deadlocked.

•May 1998 - Snoop Doggy Dogg was arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession. He was fined of $100, plus a $170 penalty assessment fee and a $100 payment to the Victim's Restitution Fund, for a total cost of $370.

•October 2001 - Snoop was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, after his tour bus was stopped and searched in Ohio. In May 2002 he pleaded no contest to the charge and was fined a total of $398.30 and a suspended 30-day jail sentence.

•April 2003 - Snoop Doggy Dogg's bodyguard, McKinley Lee, was grazed by a bullet after unknown assailants showered Snoop Dog's car and other cars in his entourage with bullets.

•August 2003 - Snoop was named in an affidavit claiming that he and the makers of the "Girls Gone Wild: Doggy Style" tape lured two underage girls to take their tops off for the camera by offering them marijuana and ecstasy. The suit was settled in July 2004.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're welcome.

Lesson of the day: they're stereotypes for a reason.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You failed to mention anything about Martha, though... :noidea:

Ok how's this one? People in the entertainment industry, the majority of the time, are huge d-bags. Is that fair enough?

Note: I said the majority of the time. The exceptions to the rule don't mean the generalization doesn't have any truth to it. That's why it's a generalization.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok how's this one? People in the entertainment industry, the majority of the time, are huge d-bags. Is that fair enough?

Note: I said the majority of the time. The exceptions to the rule don't mean the generalization doesn't have any truth to it. That's why it's a generalization.

I grew up near NBC studio's in So.Cal and had plenty of run-ins with people from the entertainment industry, although some of them were douchbags, most of them were rather cool...

Our family was actually really good friends with Debbe Dunning from Home Improvement, and she was one of the coolest people I have ever met in my life. Some of the people that she worked with were unpleasant, but most were nice people...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up near NBC studio's in So.Cal and had plenty of run-ins with people from the entertainment industry, although some of them were douchbags, most of them were rather cool...

Our family was actually really good friends with Debbe Dunning from Home Improvement, and she was one of the coolest people I have ever met in my life. Some of the people that she worked with were unpleasant, but most were nice people...

Agreed. We shared a back yard fence when we lived in Studio City 40 years ago with a cat who used to be the bass player for the Eagles, Randy Meisner, and he and his wife were extremely friendly and down to earth. The always had good pot as well.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Aside from the Facebook part, what he said is spot on. If someone walked in my office looking for a job with his hat on sideways, he wouldn't even get an application form. I'd send him on down to McDonald's.

I've booted more than one teenage punk out of my house for having his hat on sideways or his ass
hanging out of his pants, much to my daughter's embarrassment. I actually had one of her suitors address me as "homie" when he spoke to me. He found himself out on the front porch real quick.

Do you think Harbaugh/Baalke cared how Kaepernick dressed when they interviewed him and watched him work out? Professional teams don't give a shit how you dress as long as you can play and don't get into any trouble. The 49ers are not embarrassed by how Kaepernick dresses, so stop trying to project your prejudices onto them. The fact that Kaepernick is continuing to get invited to all these events despite his attire must infuriate you.

And for godsakes, this was charity event for a kids game awards show on CARTOON NETWORK. Some of you are acting like he wore a hat while meeting the President.

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Kap chooses to wear his cap or how dresses is his business. He's not embarrassing the Niners or they would have said something to him. All I care about is that he stays out of trouble and works on his reads and progression. He also needs to learn how to throw more accurately in the pocket. If he works on these off season, then he's doing his job to help the team. That's all I care about.