• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep and Crabtree's prophetic talk

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you guys believe this was their conversation on the failed 2 pt. conversion?

San Francisco 49ers ? Niner Insider Blog ? SFGate.com » Kaepernick, Crabtree had prophetic fourth-quarter conversation

How much should the coaching staff put a clamp on this?

Kaepernick: “I should have just gave you a shot right there. That’s my fault. That’s my fault all the way.”

Crabtree: “They’re scared of me, bro. That’s my territory. When we get in that red zone? They can’t control me, bro. It’s too fast. I’m too big.”

Kaepernick: “I got you.”

Crabtree: “You know what I’m saying? Throw that thing up. I’m going to make an effort.”

Kaepernick: “I owe you one. I owe you one.”

With that, Kaepernick and Crabtree slapped hands and the quarterback walked away.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough already! Kaepernick made a mistake in crunch time; we get that. Shit like that happens. He's young and inexperienced. He will make you proud next year if he continues to develop at this pace.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not that he had time to throw it anywhere else. Incase you missed a blitzed came untouched.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this in the comments section:

"Until somebody comes up with audio/video evidence to the contrary, I have to assume that Harbaugh/Roman (1) called one of the plays we've all been saying they should have called, (2) were just as stunned by the Kap-to-Crab fade as everyone else, (3) turned it into the "teaching moment" that it needed to be, and (4) did their teaching in private, while publicly taking all of the fallout and standing up for their players. All Kap needs to do now is appreciate that and learn his lesson."

I won't blame Kaep like this guy does because sometimes you have to trust your instincts. Play football. No doubtedly the coaches in general know more than you do as for strategy - but how often do we hear about a great audible/instincts from the QB? If the ball were uncatchable, that would be one thing, but he can't anticipate a hold and he had to throw it to avoid the sack. So, the coaches may have called runs or plays in the endzone prior, but it's not like he audibled three times to Crabtree.

As for all of the passes going to Crabtree, I'm not worried about Kaep being too reliant upon Crabtree like Smith was with Davis. He'll start to see more, have better plays, etc. after this off-season. QBs and WRs have special relationships, I don't see this as a case where he'll get one-sided. I don't like the one pass where Crab was hit in the helmet. That was reminiscent of Smith's 3 yard throws on 3 and 7. But then again, we didn't expect Crabtree to get out of the sure tackle he did for the first TD pass.

Harbaugh can't be too mad at Kaep for the audible, even if he thinks it is wrong. He believes in the QB having that power, at least in general or he made the same mistake himself and didn't teach him not to do it here. He had a famous confrontation and press conference attack by Ditka when he was in Chicago. They were up something like 24-3 and Ditka called a run. Harbaugh audibled to a pass, threw a pick six and they eventually lost the game. Ditka publicly chastised Harbaugh for the game, despite having time left and a 14 point lead. Now, this is different being the SB and the final play, but it wasn't a bad audible, IMO. By all accounts, Harbaugh's was bad.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this in the comments section:

"Until somebody comes up with audio/video evidence to the contrary, I have to assume that Harbaugh/Roman (1) called one of the plays we've all been saying they should have called, (2) were just as stunned by the Kap-to-Crab fade as everyone else, (3) turned it into the "teaching moment" that it needed to be, and (4) did their teaching in private, while publicly taking all of the fallout and standing up for their players. All Kap needs to do now is appreciate that and learn his lesson."

I won't blame Kaep like this guy does because sometimes you have to trust your instincts. Play football. No doubtedly the coaches in general know more than you do as for strategy - but how often do we hear about a great audible/instincts from the QB? If the ball were uncatchable, that would be one thing, but he can't anticipate a hold and he had to throw it to avoid the sack. So, the coaches may have called runs or plays in the endzone prior, but it's not like he audibled three times to Crabtree.

As for all of the passes going to Crabtree, I'm not worried about Kaep being too reliant upon Crabtree like Smith was with Davis. He'll start to see more, have better plays, etc. after this off-season. QBs and WRs have special relationships, I don't see this as a case where he'll get one-sided. I don't like the one pass where Crab was hit in the helmet. That was reminiscent of Smith's 3 yard throws on 3 and 7. But then again, we didn't expect Crabtree to get out of the sure tackle he did for the first TD pass.

Harbaugh can't be too mad at Kaep for the audible, even if he thinks it is wrong. He believes in the QB having that power, at least in general or he made the same mistake himself and didn't teach him not to do it here. He had a famous confrontation and press conference attack by Ditka when he was in Chicago. They were up something like 24-3 and Ditka called a run. Harbaugh audibled to a pass, threw a pick six and they eventually lost the game. Ditka publicly chastised Harbaugh for the game, despite having time left and a 14 point lead. Now, this is different being the SB and the final play, but it wasn't a bad audible, IMO. By all accounts, Harbaugh's was bad.

Exactly. He's only going to get better. You made a good post.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When Alex Smith was QB the coaching staff really clamped down on him and brought him along slowly...

I don't blame Kaep for those 3 passes to Crabs but the coaching staff should have called some run plays there. They should know that a fade to Crab is lower percentage than a run at that point in the game.
We had time on the clock too so time wasn't a factor, we could have ran.

Oh well.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Alex Smith was QB the coaching staff really clamped down on him and brought him along slowly...

I don't blame Kaep for those 3 passes to Crabs but the coaching staff should have called some run plays there. They should know that a fade to Crab is lower percentage than a run at that point in the game.
We had time on the clock too so time wasn't a factor, we could have ran.

Oh well.

Yup. They put the ball in Kap's hands rather than Franks hands. Mistake. HOWEVER - Kap didnt get the first 2nd down play off, he had Walker wide open on one play and Crab wide open on another he just didn't pull the trigger. And then Kap audibled on 4th. So they did in fact have a couple of good plays called. They just weren't executed well.