• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K.J. Wright

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only has he been inactive due to injury for most of this year, but his contract expires this offseason and he will be 30.

I know that the LB corp has been a weak spot this year (with the exception of HOF B.W. of course), so do we:
#1: Re-sign him.
#2: Let him walk.

Regardless of your vote, is his replacement currently on the roster? Griffin? Do we resign Mingo or Kendricks? Draft? FA?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk. Hard but walk.

Austin Callietro has been a beast this year. Shaq has been adequate with Playing time. Mingo is a good situational player

Honestly I think that we don't need a new guy. Maybe a5th round pick

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way his injury keeps lingering I won't be shocked when it's announced he's going in for another surgery to clean it up.

In that case I think the hand is played for us and we move on. Mingo would be a good guy to keep around along with Calitro and hope Shaqueem can keep improving.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walk. Hard but walk.

Austin Callietro has been a beast this year. Shaq has been adequate with Playing time. Mingo is a good situational player

Honestly I think that we don't need a new guy. Maybe a5th round pick

I will admit that Calitro has played well at times but he has 4 games with 1 tackle, and has not played at all in 5 games. Purely a situational rotational player IMO.

If anything, I am intrigued with keeping Kendricks (unless he ends up in prison of course).

Note that K.J. could possibly be had at a discount. Maybe a 1 year $3 to 4 million deal? Or are his injury issues too serious?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Feel LB would be something to think about for the draft unless Kendricks can come back, If he can survive his whole case and sign a deal back with the team that would be a steal.

I love shaq and his story but I honestly don't know about him being an everyday LB that Broncos game with him starting was bad

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only has he been inactive due to injury for most of this year, but his contract expires this offseason and he will be 30.

I know that the LB corp has been a weak spot this year (with the exception of HOF B.W. of course), so do we:
#1: Re-sign him.
#2: Let him walk.

Regardless of your vote, is his replacement currently on the roster? Griffin? Do we resign Mingo or Kendricks? Draft? FA?

Depends what he would be asking for in terms of a contract... My first thought is to let him walk but then I look at our back fill and I don't believe we have someone who can replace him effectively... KJ with bad knees at his age as a OLB, i'd prefer to let him walk...

I would say absolutely if Kendricks wasn't going to prison... If Kendricks was available for the '19 season i'd rather go after him and let KJ walk but it's more than likely that Kendricks will be serving jail time thru the '19 season...

IMO, Calitro has been serviceable at best... He's a back up in this league... He's out of position too much and misses too many tackles imo... A lot of the big plays we've given up has been due to Calitro being out of position... IMO, Carroll will sign a veteran FA in the offseason if we don't resign KJ or draft his replacement... But Calitro as our starter next year? I would hope not...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ will walk, shame we did not draft Vander-Esch when we had the chance.

Maybe Anthony Barr? He has not played that well this year and might not be too expensive...

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe we should sigh KJ at any above replacement cost. He is NOT reliable anymore.
I love what he brought us, and respect his game very much.
Time to move on unless the cost is very low.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calitro>Shaqueem and both are backups. Seattle will probably resign Calitro who is and will remain low cost insurance.
Mingo is under contract through 2020 at roughly $3.5M.
Unless healthy and at team friendly $ KJ will walk.
Pete has an eye for LB talent so I would expect a mid round selection of a LB. Maybe even a value priced FA LB.
Money and draft picks become more plentiful in 2020 than in 2019.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money and draft picks become more plentiful in 2020 than in 2019.

Thats another thing, Petes contract is over after 2019. I am shocked they have not extended him yet with the success he has shown with this team. this is easily if you ask me his best year coaching up these guys. No way they should be as good as they are BUT they are. Pete has out did himself this season.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father of time is undefeated, and in the case for KJ I think he’s on his farewell tour. His best days are behind him and these injuries aren’t going to magically disappear. I think he would be smart to test free agency and if he doesn’t like what he sees should be offered a low risk contract from the Hawks. Either way, he can’t be counted on headed into next year regardless of the outcome.

That being said, I would like to see our free agent dollars go towards pass rush and the secondary with the draft capital towards linebacker and wide receiver. Not that Oline is ever not a priority, I just think for the first time in a long time there is depth enough that it isn’t necessary to spend the most or draft the highest on the Oline.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAAAY to early to judge Griffin the way people are in here.

Now to answer the question, if they want KJ to transition onto the coaching staff, they and he agree to a reduced cost deal, and he comes back.

Other than that, it's probably goodbye.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you know what I never understood about football I may have missed it from the game but I didn't see Kendricks get hurt or carted off seems like he played the whole game then suddenly broken tibia? Or was this in practice?

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you know what I never understood about football I may have missed it from the game but I didn't see Kendricks get hurt or carted off seems like he played the whole game then suddenly broken tibia? Or was this in practice?

According to PC

I really liked what Mychal Kendricks did,” Carroll said. “Mychal Kendricks got hurt in that game and he played through it.

broken tibia

Damn :omg:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not all breaks mean the bone is snapped in half. A crack is a break.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both KJ and Baldwin are "playing" their swan songs in Seattle this year, though the contract situations are quite different. It really is a bummer that Kendricks went down because that would have been a great trial (no pun intended) run for bringing him back (I am still optimistic he won't get lengthy prison time). Would be surprised if KJ comes back; probably replace him with a mid-level FA, draft pick, or both. Calitro has been solid, and I still think something good can come of Shaqueem other than ST.