• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Blackmon catches a DUI at 10am

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aaaaaaand the obligatory

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.24? 2nd DUI in two years? Way to start your NFL career tard!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Michael Floyd had the drinking problem!?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is unfortunate. He's one of my favorite prospects from this years draft. The Jags are really going to need him. He's gotta stop making dumb decisions.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Welcome to the NFL Blackmon.

Even though you've been drafted apparently you're not a "real" NFL player until you've had a DUI or have been caught with weed and if you happen to do both at the same time you'll forever have the respect of your peers.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard on ESPN radio it was 3:45am.

BLAME MATT MILLER
@Nfldraftscout

Now when I look back, I think Miller was talking about his 1st DUI (This being Blackmon's 2nd).

Mods, permission to change the thread title.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.24? 2nd DUI in two years? Way to start your NFL career tard!

Three times the legal limit in New Mexico. True story, I know some people who work for an interlock installation company, and one of them has access to a breathalyzer. I've gotten as high as a .06. I don't know how you could even find your car in order to drive it at a .24. If you weigh 180 pounds (men; I don't know about women), you'd have to drink either 15 beers, glasses of wine, or shots in a single hour to get to that level. That's a beer or shot every four minutes for an entire hour.

I don't know what the serving laws are like in Florida, but if he did that in NM, the establishment that allowed it would face a stiff fine, the server would be fined $5,000 and face a mandatory jail sentence of up to 90 days.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three times the legal limit in New Mexico. True story, I know some people who work for an interlock installation company, and one of them has access to a breathalyzer. I've gotten as high as a .06. I don't know how you could even find your car in order to drive it at a .24. If you weigh 180 pounds (men; I don't know about women), you'd have to drink either 15 beers, glasses of wine, or shots in a single hour to get to that level. That's a beer or shot every four minutes for an entire hour.

I don't know what the serving laws are like in Florida, but if he did that in NM, the establishment that allowed it would face a stiff fine, the server would be fined $5,000 and face a mandatory jail sentence of up to 90 days.

That is a great point, Warty. When I read his BAC was .24 I recognized how messed up that was but didn't think for a moment how hard someone, especially someone as big as him, - would have to work to get that intoxicated.

Sounds like this kid has a very serious alcohol problem. This may be his 2nd DUI in two years but I'd wager a large bet it is hardly the 2nd time he has driven while intoxicated in the past two years.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a relative who was close to .4 when she flipped a car. It involved pounding a few pints of vodka while driving.

But there are some *really* crazy numbers on this page toward the bottom:

Blood alcohol content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to that link, he was one bracket away from "Death is possible." Scary. I work in the "brewing beer" industry, and that is a scary BAC. I seriously hope the people who love him intervene soon. This is a Shakespearian-level tragedy waiting to happen.

Soapbox moment. DO NOT serve somebody who is clearly that impaired. Yikes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

These days, there's no way I could. Back in college, though, I probably could have at least made it to my car, and I wasn't even a particularly heavy drinker. You can build up a pretty good tolerance for alcohol if you drink often enough or heavily enough.

Not in any way excusing a .24, which is ridiculously high. Just saying that a regular binge drinker probably wouldn't be as impaired as most would be at that level.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw, is it just me, or does Blackmon's face look like he's in his 40s? Kind of a weird looking dude.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you weigh 180 pounds (men; I don't know about women), you'd have to drink either 15 beers, glasses of wine, or shots in a single hour to get to that level. That's a beer or shot every four minutes for an entire hour.

15 shots is close to a 1/5th, which is pretty do-able for experienced alcoholics.

Edit: This boards really needs a strikethrough option....

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, is it just me, or does Blackmon's face look like he's in his 40s? Kind of a weird looking dude.

Greg Oden, the bust drafted by Portland Blazers, also has that look of a really old man in Adonis' body.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blew a .348 when I was 18 and I weighed around 180 back then. The cop made me walk a straight line again after the breathalyzer while his jaw was dropped. The breathalyzer stopped working after they tested me so they didn't test my buddy and he got to drive my car home. Funny thing is neither him nor the cops knew how to turn my headlights back on so they stopped him down the road and then asked me to do it.

I had something like 7-9 long islands and then a glass of red wine which instantly made me spew.
I'd like to know what my blood alcohol was the only time I ever blacked out. Half a bottle of Smirnoff, half a bottle of red wine, and 5 coors lights. I came to in the passenger seat of my friend's car with my shirt soaked in spew hanging around my neck. Ahh, good times.