• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just like last year...

2Slick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse was in a slump, coming off an embarrassing 61-39 blowout by Georgetown. What happened after that???

Made a run to the Big East Championship and stormed our way to another Final 4! Now Virginia blows us out and everyone is counting Cuse out, doubting us.

Look out Jerry's World, we comin!!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse was in a slump, coming off an embarrassing 61-39 blowout by Georgetown. What happened after that???

Made a run to the Big East Championship and stormed our way to another Final 4! Now Virginia blows us out and everyone is counting Cuse out, doubting us.

:musky:Truth!

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't worry about it. It's only one loss and doesn't mean that much... it's just one team having a really great night and catching another team on an off night.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Syracuse needs to take some time off and get the players rested and healthy. Florida has started that process as the last game with LSU, the starting 5 played at reduced minutes as the team played 9 guys at least 11 minutes each and the 10th player was in for a few as well. Both starting guards shared minutes with the back ups. IMO, Billy Donovan is willing to lose a game or two to make sure his players enter the tournament ready to play. Just good coaching, IMO.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Syracuse needs to take some time off and get the players rested and healthy. Florida has started that process as the last game with LSU, the starting 5 played at reduced minutes as the team played 9 guys at least 11 minutes each and the 10th player was in for a few as well. Both starting guards shared minutes with the back ups. IMO, Billy Donovan is willing to lose a game or two to make sure his players enter the tournament ready to play. Just good coaching, IMO.

that's a whole lot of your opinion

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, unless there's some legitimate injury or soreness, I wouldn't be too concerned about resting players.

This is not the NBA where 30 year olds just finished an 82 game season and are gearing up for a 30 game post-season. We're talking about 20 year olds finishing a 30 game seasoning gearing up for a 6 game postseason.

Florida could probably afford to do it once, since they have at least a 1 game cushion between them and a 2-seed, but Cuse should play who they reasonably can and fight for the highest seed they can.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there is a chance they make a big run in the tournament but last years team has nothing to do with this years team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, unless there's some legitimate injury or soreness, I wouldn't be too concerned about resting players.

This is not the NBA where 30 year olds just finished an 82 game season and are gearing up for a 30 game post-season. We're talking about 20 year olds finishing a 30 game seasoning gearing up for a 6 game postseason.

Florida could probably afford to do it once, since they have at least a 1 game cushion between them and a 2-seed, but Cuse should play who they reasonably can and fight for the highest seed they can.

I like to think I follow Syracuse basketball closely and at this time feel that team needs a rest; both emotionally and physically. Virginia out rebounded Syracuse something like 34-20; that should not happen. Can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. When Coleman went down a lot of folks though no big deal as he only played 10-15 minutes/game. I suspect the Syracuse fans might now be thinking that was the beginning of the end as that guy was able to give Grant, Keita, and Christmas some time off as Coleman is one very big body. CJ has this ability to glide up and down the floor not burning a lot of energy and quietly comes up with 18-20 points along with some rebounds. He, IMO, is Mr. consistency for that team as we never seem to see him out of control and, IMO, the only player on that team that can go 38 minutes/game and still be effective. At any rate, watching Cooney is watching a guy who has to work very hard and it seems to me at the end of each game, he is missing more shots and having more turn overs. Lately, same thing for Ennis who was playing great ball all season. I would like to see JB get Gbenaji and Roberson more minutes. Also need more floor time for another guard. I don't know who that guy is but suspect JB needs to find out. Again, I would like to see Syracuse get some rest and if they do, we just might see a team do some damage.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

I have this figured out and spoke with Coach JB who said he'll give my thoughts some serious consideration.

Coach has been using Gbinije at Forward and the stats show he isn't stepping up enough to replace Grant. He isn't strong enough. And prior to Grants injury, he's played almost exclusively at PG.

Coach needs to put Roberson in at Forward. The kid is straight up explosive and has hops. In 3 minutes against VA, he put up 5 points and got one board.

Then use Gbinije at guard where he belongs to give Ennis and Cooney a rest.

Over the next two games, I asked Coach to not play Grant. Give Roberson big minutes at both wings giving CJ and Keita a break. Roberson should see no less than 25 minutes at the forward spot.

At Guard, Cooney and Ennis minutes should be cut to around 25 - 30 each and give Silent G 30 minutes spelling Cooney and Ennis.

Getting Silent G back to PG and Roberson at Forward over the next two games will give Grant almost 2 weeks of rest prior to the ACC tournament. Reevaluate Grant prior to the ACC tourney and if more resty is needed, do it.

The dance is the most important. Everything else is practice for Silent G and Roberson. Along with rest for everyone but Roberson and Gbiniji.

We'll see if the ole coach will listen. He's a stubborn old guy.

Last edited by a moderator: