• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just in Case Anyone Cares... PS Schedule

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Connor Cook will also be selected in round 1.

(He is visiting Denver on Wednesday, btw)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a matter of fact I have George. Here's Siemian in 2014 against Wisconsin. Siemian ended up his senior year in 2014 with an ACL.

Siemian had no pass protection - yet he shows good footwork - great decision making and makes all the throws. The Wildcats also had a running QB - who was able to keep the pass rush down by throwing by surprise. He's much more polished than Oz was.

Here he is against the 2013 Ohio State team with Roby on it

I'm no scout, but that Ohio State video looks pretty good to me. Only two mistakes really stand out: the interception and the sack at the end on the 3 man rush. Other than that, I think he looks pretty good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Connor Cook will also be selected in round 1.

(He is visiting Denver on Wednesday, btw)

I honestly will make the prediction right now that if we do not get Colin Kaepernick in a trade Connor Cook will be our starting QB this upcoming season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly will make the prediction right now that if we do not get Colin Kaepernick in a trade Connor Cook will be our starting QB this upcoming season.

LOL - from the first game? I don't think so. Maybe later in the season with some QB injuries in front of him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - from the first game? I don't think so. Maybe later in the season with some QB injuries in front of him.

Nope calling it game one. He is the most pro ready QB in this draft. Now he doesn't have the ceiling of some of these guys but he is the one that knows how to run a pro system, read a defense, audible, and can make all the throws. I was reading an article earlier today that they had interviewed quite a few GM's that actually had Connor Cook rated higher than Lynch and Wentz because of his being more pro ready and the fact that they know a bit more of what type of QB they are getting. So yes I do think he can start for the Broncos and not because of injuries.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really hope you're wrong on this one. I wouldn't touch Cook with a 39 and a half foot pole.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I really hope you're wrong on this one. I wouldn't touch Cook with a 39 and a half foot pole.

And see I would bear hug him if I saw him. I think his flaws mechanical wise fit perfectly with what Kubiak loves to work on with QB's. I also think his leadership flaws are way overblown so I do think he would be a good fit for us.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And see I would bear hug him if I saw him. I think his flaws mechanical wise fit perfectly with what Kubiak loves to work on with QB's. I also think his leadership flaws are way overblown so I do think he would be a good fit for us.
He's got major accuracy issues, didn't show up for big games, and forces throws that often lead to bad interceptions. He's Jay Cutler but with a lower ceiling.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got major accuracy issues, didn't show up for big games, and forces throws that often lead to bad interceptions. He's Jay Cutler but with a lower ceiling.
He won 2 out of 3 Bowl games and beat multiple ranked teams along the way. Cutler if I remember right had a losing record in college so not sure I see the comparison

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him - he's a great kid - lost my worries on him watching him with Gruden. He's a tough kid - and I think Kubiak and Elway would like his toughness.

I say it is a wild long shot to call Cook (if acquired) a first game starter with Sanchez and Siemian ahead of him. On top of that even - is the way Kubiak and Phillips roll rookies out into games - while fast - it is a slower process than you are visualizing. So yes - CD -your's is a bold prediction indeed.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won 2 out of 3 Bowl games and beat multiple ranked teams along the way. Cutler if I remember right had a losing record in college so not sure I see the comparison
Not a leader, accuracy issues, forces throws, bad turnovers, that's Jay Cutler. Fortunately for Cook he played at a much better program than Cutler did, hence his team had more success.

But a guy that can't even complete 60% of his passes in college is not a guy I want the Broncos spending a first round pick on.