• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for Dad

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that you almost spanked a more talented team is kinda like saying you almost got to kiss your sister but she opted for your other brother instead. Do you cats argue about which sheep looks the best before you embark on a romance trip in the barnyard?

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right.

I have no say in the decision process. I have my feelings about what is going on, but they matter not.

IMO, WVU fans are a fickle bunch. If Dana wins, they'll jump on the bandwagon. If he does not win, he should be fired, and the split fanbase will have its haters content.

I don't believe WVU will ever be a dominant player in its new conference. Just as we saw under Nehlen back in the old BE days, once every 4 or 5 years WVU will have a veteran group capable of competing against schools loaded with more talent.

IMO, Dana's teams have played better than the talent on it, which proves to me how well he has done. The jump Clint made... Alford... White... was nothing short of amazing.

Bradley and the defense took a big hit in the Liberty Bowl. Very disappointing...

I remember you laughing at me several years ago back in your Big Least days for telling you that you could beat B12 teams on occasion like in a bowl game with scheme and speed, but grinding through a conference schedule would wear and tear on a team like yours with less depth and size. I guess you finally came around.

Just the same, you are being a Nancy here with that crap about not ever being a dominant team in the Little 12. First off, the competition from top to bottom is not that great in the B12. I am not saying it is crap but it is not quite at the level of the SEC or even the ACC, PAC whatever, and the B10. Most years if you can get by OU and TU you got a good shot at winning the title there. I know BU and KSU are good but BU is the media darling right now and is still overrated...and their talent level is not much different than yours nor is KSU's. You cats need to put the money into the program to make it happen and just like A&M did when they moved to the SEC, start recruiting players that fit the style played in the conference. It damn sure isn't impossible. Just like with your sister, size matters.

You know....If all you inbreds got a second mortgage on your mobile home and donated that to the athletic dept. heck you might could afford some better coaches and recruiters...just my 2 cents worth.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that you almost spanked a more talented team is kinda like saying you almost got to kiss your sister but she opted for your other brother instead. Do you cats argue about which sheep looks the best before you embark on a romance trip in the barnyard?

:lol: I've tried to get mad at your shots and jabs at us hillbillies but I can't...you're too damn funny King :clap:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you laughing at me several years ago back in your Big Least days for telling you that you could beat B12 teams on occasion like in a bowl game with scheme and speed, but grinding through a conference schedule would wear and tear on a team like yours with less depth and size. I guess you finally came around.

Just the same, you are being a Nancy here with that crap about not ever being a dominant team in the Little 12. First off, the competition from top to bottom is not that great in the B12. I am not saying it is crap but it is not quite at the level of the SEC or even the ACC, PAC whatever, and the B10. Most years if you can get by OU and TU you got a good shot at winning the title there. I know BU and KSU are good but BU is the media darling right now and is still overrated...and their talent level is not much different than yours nor is KSU's. You cats need to put the money into the program to make it happen and just like A&M did when they moved to the SEC, start recruiting players that fit the style played in the conference. It damn sure isn't impossible. Just like with your sister, size matters.

You know....If all you inbreds got a second mortgage on your mobile home and donated that to the athletic dept. heck you might could afford some better coaches and recruiters...just my 2 cents worth.

I have brought up our past conversations many times on this site. I have eaten crow regarding my past feelings regarding the status of the BE and the Big 12. So... you were right... I was wrong.

I don't think either the ACC or the B1G are on the same level as the Big 12.

I believe KSU is a good example of what WVU can use as their model. I have read Dana's comments about their program, and he has mentioned it as a model for WVU. Obviously, they rely on JUCO's heavily, but they also redshirt and develop their players. Every year, they bring a corps group of upperclassmen to the playing field. As a result, they compete pretty well against the schools who can more of the blue chip recruits.

WVU has to do the same...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out of curiosity, king, provide your conference rankings, with all of us agreeing that the SEC will be ranked first. This is each conference from top to bottom.

kingbd1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, king, provide your conference rankings, with all of us agreeing that the SEC will be ranked first. This is each conference from top to bottom.

I am not one that acts like the SEC is the NFL and everyone else is high school. There is not that much difference top to bottom of the list but enough to be reasonably noticeable. . I think the SEC is the best right now though and has been most of the time since at least the turn of the century. Size and speed differentiate the SEC.

Rating the next ones is certainly debatable and can change from year to year. The following opinion is where I would have them rated THIS YEAR:

1) SEC
2) PAC
3) ACC
4) B10
5) B12

Not a lot of difference in B12 and B10. I could go either way on those two and not argue the difference. They have some size to contend with though. I know you guys see the B12 as higher than this but I can't see it with ISU, TT, KU, and TU being pretty bad to bad at best.

ACC is better than it has been in years. Could be said they are #2 but I think the P10 has a little more depth. Again, not married to this opinion.

I want to also note that I have never given a rats ass about conference rankings and still don't. My point with BBW was that over time, you are going to see mainly OU and TU as the primary barriers to winning the B12. WVU can contend with them for titles with the right coaches, recruiters, and players in place and it is not impossible to happen either.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a sec in another thread he was impressed with Howard's stat line...in this one we don't have a QB who can run the offense? :noidea:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one that acts like the SEC is the NFL and everyone else is high school. There is not that much difference top to bottom of the list but enough to be reasonably noticeable. . I think the SEC is the best right now though and has been most of the time since at least the turn of the century. Size and speed differentiate the SEC.

Rating the next ones is certainly debatable and can change from year to year. The following opinion is where I would have them rated THIS YEAR:

1) SEC
2) PAC
3) ACC
4) B10
5) B12

Not a lot of difference in B12 and B10. I could go either way on those two and not argue the difference. They have some size to contend with though. I know you guys see the B12 as higher than this but I can't see it with ISU, TT, KU, and TU being pretty bad to bad at best.

ACC is better than it has been in years. Could be said they are #2 but I think the P10 has a little more depth. Again, not married to this opinion.

I want to also note that I have never given a rats ass about conference rankings and still don't. My point with BBW was that over time, you are going to see mainly OU and TU as the primary barriers to winning the B12. WVU can contend with them for titles with the right coaches, recruiters, and players in place and it is not impossible to happen either.
I agree with most of this, some of our fans are blinded by their homerism, trying to blame Holgorsen's failures on previous coaches and harder league. I was AMAZED when certain people tried to justify giving Kansas their first league win in several years, tried to say giving up a 31-7 lead to lose to IAST is perfectly understandable, and to be expected, just plain SAD. WITH THE RIGHT COACHES is the key, and I think we do not have them today, and have seen little to convince me things will be any different next year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) SEC
2) PAC
3) ACC
4) B10
5) B12

Thanks. Wanted your perspective since TAMU is not too far removed out of the Big 12. I think 3-5 are almost interchangeable at any given time. FSU remained undefeated and played a decent schedule. Watching GT right now and they are not bad, at least in the first half. The 2 top dogs in the Big 12 didn't win the conference. tOSU is an interesting team and I think could present 'Bama some problems. I'm not so sure I would feel the same saying that about FSU.