• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just completed my draft

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked 7th, now try doing the 7th pick with graham in the first and Gronk in the 3rd... I am sure that will score higher than his team too...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some awesome points up there boys and i dont have time too add except

i strongly feel 2TE early kills your Rb or Wr depth.Period...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some awesome points up there boys and i dont have time too add except

i strongly feel 2TE early kills your Rb or Wr depth.Period...

Nobody is arguing that it hurts WR adn RB starting roster, but he is filling his roster differently, Gronk being Flex would be no better or worse than a similar scoring player playing WR or RB...

But again, Gronk is probably the Biggest potential in the 3rd round...

The problem with drafting Gronk is not on gronk himself, but it weakens the Graham pick... But if he did not know he could get Gronk, then can you really blame him for drafting Graham first??

There is a total difference between the way rmilla did this move and the way we were all telling brees not to make this move...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I had a little time on my hands this afternoon, thought I'd check on whether this "advantage" at TE was better than having the better RB's/Wr/Qb's..ect..
So, I took this years current ADP as per Fantasy Football calculator, removed any rookies, and the members of your team, and "drafted" 4 other teams in your league, which gives us a %50 sample size of what your league potentially could look like and what you might be up against. Then I took all five teams, looked up each player's average weekly FFP, no I didn't divide each players total by 15..I used the average based on games they actually played.. added each team's together..found some interesting results, granted these are all averages, and based on information from last year and everything could change, but history is what we're basing the assumption of to TE or not to TE on, so it should be applicable here it is:

Your team, already listed averaged 103.4 pts per week last year.
Team 1
MCCoy
Rodgers
Foster
R. Jennings (flex)
Fitzgerald
T. Williams
Rudolph
SEATTLE
Gould
Average per week total= 100.7

Team 2
Charles
Gio
Nelson
Cruz
Mathews (flex)
Brady
Cameron
Denver
Vinny
total avg= 106.6

Team 3
Peterson
Brees
Alf Morris
Welker
Gore (flex)
V. Davis
Hitlon
StL D
Walsh
total avg=107.4

Team 4
Forte
B. Marshall
A. Brown
VjAx (flex)
Stafford
Vareen
G. Olsen
NE D
P. Dawson
total avg= 106.6

So without really trying to construct any kind of super team and just going strictly by ADP and assigning players to four random teams, I came up with three of four that on average will beat you every week. Did you make the wrong choice? No, I wouldn't go that far, this is pretty unscientific, but you did make it harder on yourself than it had to be by taking the 2 TE route.

Interesting BUT I didnt have the ability to get any of the 4 RB;s listed on these teams ( McCoy, Charles, Petersen or Forte... I couldnt even draft Lacy as he was gone as well )... Im not saying my way was the best way to go in a ideal world but given the option between what I got and stretching for a Ball, Foster, Murray type I am OK with how it turned out

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked 7th, now try doing the 7th pick with graham in the first and Gronk in the 3rd... I am sure that will score higher than his team too...

but since you asked..
Graham
Thomas
Gronk
Bush
Andre
Rice
Foles
SF
Crosby
total avg=101.9
he actually did better at 103.4..again, your assumption is wrong

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? I already gave him the team he actually picked..that makes no sense

because he had some other bad picks... and it wasnt because of the strategy... Unless you go strictly by ADP(which none of us should), a perfect PROJECTED draft is impossible...

He even said he past on players who I think would have made his team much better...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting BUT I didnt have the ability to get any of the 4 RB;s listed on these teams ( McCoy, Charles, Petersen or Forte... I couldnt even draft Lacy as he was gone as well )... Im not saying my way was the best way to go in a ideal world but given the option between what I got and stretching for a Ball, Foster, Murray type I am OK with how it turned out

as you should be..I'm in no way trying to belittle you, just saying every roster move you make, from the lineups to the adds/drops/ will be more magnified in importance because your up against the wall in flexibility. Personally I think you did a fantastic job making up for it witht eh depth in everythign but RB and hope you do well.

This experiment was really just for my own personal knowledge, not meant to be an affront to your specific team, my apologies if thats how it seemed.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is arguing that it hurts WR adn RB starting roster, but he is filling his roster differently, Gronk being Flex would be no better or worse than a similar scoring player playing WR or RB...

But again, Gronk is probably the Biggest potential in the 3rd round...

The problem with drafting Gronk is not on gronk himself, but it weakens the Graham pick... But if he did not know he could get Gronk, then can you really blame him for drafting Graham first??

There is a total difference between the way rmilla did this move and the way we were all telling brees not to make this move...

For me if Gronk is flex and he took his flex in the 3rd round then his team is weakened immensely
i can not phantom any draft where my flex is chosen in the 3rd round

anyhow my real purpose of jumping into this thread was to say

Pull the trigger..i too feel Floyd out performs White

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to be clear I didnt intend to get Graham and Gronk but Graham was the 7th best player on my board so I took him at 7, I had Gronk at 21 so getting him 27th was a no brainer since pretty much everyone else in my top 30 was gone. In fact I got Thomas at 14th when I had him 12th, Stacy at 34 when I had him 28th ,White at 47 when I had him 38th, Torrey Smith at 64 when I had him 41, Joique Bell at 77 when I had him 49, Steven Jackson at 104 when I had him 50 etc etc. The ONLY guy I "stretched" for was Cutler and thats only because I only had 5 QB's in my top 70 and all 5 of them were gone already at 54 so I jumped the gun ( sadly I could have waited 2 more rouns and got Matt Ryan but you live and learn). Overall my picks were MUCH more highly rated on my board than where I ended up getting them though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering what is the value you are giving Gronk??

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to be clear I didnt intend to get Graham and Gronk but Graham was the 7th best player on my board so I took him at 7, I had Gronk at 21 so getting him 27th was a no brainer since pretty much everyone else in my top 30 was gone. In fact I got Thomas at 14th when I had him 12th, Stacy at 34 when I had him 28th ,White at 47 when I had him 38th, Torrey Smith at 64 when I had him 41, Joique Bell at 77 when I had him 49, Steven Jackson at 104 when I had him 50 etc etc. The ONLY guy I "stretched" for was Cutler and thats only because I only had 5 QB's in my top 70 and all 5 of them were gone already at 54 so I jumped the gun ( sadly I could have waited 2 more rouns and got Matt Ryan but you live and learn). Overall my picks were MUCH more highly rated on my board than where I ended up getting them though.

Let us know if you get any of the trades that were mentioned worked out..

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us know if you get any of the trades that were mentioned worked out..

My issue is that in order to trade Graham and Thomas I absolutely need a top 4 back ( not sure Id even do it for Lacy ) and a 1WR. As you guys have already stated a 1RB is valuable so that trade isnt likely to happen. Im working on a trade for Alfred Morris right now but I am not any more in love with him than I am Stacy frankly. If I can move Gronk and someone then Ill do it but I may have to wait til 2nd or 3rd week and hope Gronk stays healthy and is ripping it up ( although then I may not want to move him myself.. LOL)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is that in order to trade Graham and Thomas I absolutely need a top 4 back ( not sure Id even do it for Lacy ) and a 1WR. As you guys have already stated a 1RB is valuable so that trade isnt likely to happen. Im working on a trade for Alfred Morris right now but I am not any more in love with him than I am Stacy frankly. If I can move Gronk and someone then Ill do it but I may have to wait til 2nd or 3rd week and hope Gronk stays healthy and is ripping it up ( although then I may not want to move him myself.. LOL)

I think your in the right track in trying to trade Gronk. Hopefully you could do better than Alf, especially if your adding a moving part or two on your side though. But do not deal Graham and DT for anything short of Shady and his best WR.. even that seems low to me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your in the right track in trying to trade Gronk. Hopefully you could do better than Alf, especially if your adding a moving part or two on your side though. But do not deal Graham and DT for anything short of Shady and his best WR.. even that seems low to me.

I might consider it IF the guys best WR wasnt Julio but a starting WR tandem of White/Jones and a flex of SJax sound like I have too many eggs in one basket ( even if it my favorite basket.. LOL)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, you moved a LOT of views with this thread, too tired to read the advice you may have already been given BUT if Cutler finally puts it together and stays healthy you have a great team since Graham will do WR numbers. I saw something about a Brees trade...that may not be a bad idea, you have Torrey Smith and with Steve Smith likely to help cut back on the constant double teams Torrey faces...he should be consistent all year instead of just starting hot and fizzling out.