• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just completed my draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously in every single money league, thomas was heavily sought, so was bernard, bell, and lacy........all had the writing on the wall of being productive

and my bad i read what you said wrong......i was on my phone.......damn small screens.......apologies and im far from sensitive....:suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Jay Cutler
WR- Demaryius Thomas
Roddy White
RB- Zac Stacy
Joique Bell
TE- Rob Gronkowski
Flex- Jimmy Graham
Defense- San Francisco
Kicker- Mason Crosby

Bench- Eli Manning
Steven Jackson
Emmanuelle Sanders
Brandin Cooks
Darren Sproles
Torrey Smith
I dunno, I have mixed feelings on this one..Hate the 2 TE's..hate hate hate it..hurt you at Rb, QB, WR, everywhere but defense. But, you did make up for some of it with very smart selections on the bench so it isn't all bad.

I think within a couple weeks you'll be starting Cooks or Smith or Sanders at WR 2, and benching Roddy. Cooks is the ONLY rookie WR worth owning this year IMHO. And both the other guys are going to have good, albeit inconsistent years. I have serious doubts as to whether Roddy still has enough left to be WR2 caliber, even if he is on the field for 16 games. But given that situation, I'd be looking hard to find a trading partner for one of those three, coupled with SJax, or even Bell to get you a better RB2. I don't mind not having a great RB1, if there's two good #2's, you've got a #2 and a #3/Flex.
And Cutler? well there's some pretty big fans of his out there, I'm not really one of them. guy has problems, both staying on the field, and producing on it, especially if he gets into on of his pouty little tantrums . Love having him in my pocket as a #2, wouldn't feel comfortable having him as my every week guy. Same Goes for Eli, minus the injury issues.

Overall, so long as you manage the team well, you'll probably do quite well.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously in every single money league, thomas was heavily sought, so was bernard, bell, and lacy........all had the writing on the wall of being productive

and my bad i read what you said wrong......i was on my phone.......damn small screens.......apologies and im far from sensitive....:suds:

No problem. I doubt you are sensitive. I understand what you're saying too. After I drafted that team I knew I was going to get to the playoffs. That league overvalues QBs and that helps my draft strategy. There's really only one player in it that really sucks and is a bad drafter though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. I doubt you are sensitive. I understand what you're saying too. After I drafted that team I knew I was going to get to the playoffs. That league overvalues QBs and that helps my draft strategy. There's really only one player in it that really sucks and is a bad drafter though.

my one league has a few bad players, 12 team league, sad part is they nail their top picks every year, or draft some sleepers and call it, but all three of the dudes either trade them away or cut them too early and end up with junk........and would have made a nice a run

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY reason I went with 2 TE's is that I dont really consider Graham a TE. He puts uo WR numbers and by drafting Gronk I basically negate every team I play as to their ability to even come close to me on TE points. Basically Im going to start eachweek with a 10-12 point advantage. That said I think I am going to end up not trading anyone just yet. There are honestly no RBs that really excite me. Even if I could trade for a Charles, McCoy, Petersen I just dont know if those guys are worth giving up my HUGE built in advantage that I gave myself because RB is really a dime a dozen kind of position IMO. Im not 100% excited about my QBs but I think Cutler could have a HUGE year so I dont want to be the idiot that trades a top 5 QB and a 1 WR/ 1 TE for a Matt Forte or something. Just not worth it

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't start every week with a 10 point advantage when Stacy is your RB1. Everyone talks about advantages when drafting Graham and Gronk, but never think of the RB1 they're missing. I don't get it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't start every week with a 10 point advantage when Stacy is your RB1. Everyone talks about advantages when drafting Graham and Gronk, but never think of the RB1 they're missing. I don't get it.

True to an extent but really there arent that many guys that are going to put up substantially more points than Stacy. What maybe 4 or 5?? And those advantages arent as wide as what I think Ill get by having Graham and Gronk. I went back and forth on the subject frankly but looking at the numbers there just wasnt any RB I could justify taking that made up that difference ( I picked 7th in my league so McCoy, Charles, Petersen, Forte and Lacy were already gone )

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Stacy was bad. I said you don't have a 10 point advantage over anyone....especially the owners of the guys you just listed.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing, if you know you are going to get either Julius Thomas or gronk in the 3rd round you are much better off drafting the best WR or RB available since they will likely score more overall points than graham. It just gives you more points and it keeps your draft open for more possibilities.

But it is hard to guarantee ownership in later rounds, and if u want a big scoring TE drafting graham is the only guarantee. I don't mind drafting both, as long as both were not a reach. And since you picked 7th, they were clearly not reaches, so good job there( I can easily see gronk being the best value player available when you took him).

Again my only problem is your weak bench RB situation. Would have liked just one high potential guy( even if it was a reach).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say Stacy was bad. I said you don't have a 10 point advantage over anyone....especially the owners of the guys you just listed.

Forget Zach Stacy, joique bell should not be anybody's RB2. The points you make with two great TEs, you lose with terrible starting rbs. It's a very dangerous strategy mostly because I don't trust gronks health. I would seriously consider Graham and Thomas for jones and McCoy. Jones could easily be better than Thomas and Graham, and McCoy could be the best rb/wr/TE in fantasy football this year. Then you still have gronk as a TE. That deal just seems like a no brainer to me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Zach Stacy, joique bell should not be anybody's RB2. The points you make with two great TEs, you lose with terrible starting rbs. It's a very dangerous strategy mostly because I don't trust gronks health. I would seriously consider Graham and Thomas for jones and McCoy. Jones could easily be better than Thomas and Graham, and McCoy could be the best rb/wr/TE in fantasy football this year. Then you still have gronk as a TE. That deal just seems like a no brainer to me.

I didnt really like Bell either but I knew Id be able to get Jackson late and I think he can have a great year IF ( BIG IF ) he can stay relatively healthy. With Atlanta getting their WR's back I think SJax can produce 1000/10 TDs pretty easily if he isnt on IR all year, plus he is a pretty solid receiving back and someone is going to have to catch all the balls Gonzalez caught last year. I probably wont start Bell over Jackson anymore than 1 week if Jackson stays healthy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt really like Bell either but I knew Id be able to get Jackson late and I think he can have a great year IF ( BIG IF ) he can stay relatively healthy. With Atlanta getting their WR's back I think SJax can produce 1000/10 TDs pretty easily if he isnt on IR all year, plus he is a pretty solid receiving back and someone is going to have to catch all the balls Gonzalez caught last year. I probably wont start Bell over Jackson anymore than 1 week if Jackson stays healthy.

That's even more reason to do that trade. That way you have a very good all around team. Jones and White at wr is pretty strong. McCoy and Stacy could be a top runningback tandem, Jackson in the flex is really strong if you're expecting a bounce back year, Gronk is a top TE if he stays healthy, and Cutler could be a great QB. If you make that deal, your team is strong from top to bottom.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I had a little time on my hands this afternoon, thought I'd check on whether this "advantage" at TE was better than having the better RB's/Wr/Qb's..ect..
So, I took this years current ADP as per Fantasy Football calculator, removed any rookies, and the members of your team, and "drafted" 4 other teams in your league, which gives us a %50 sample size of what your league potentially could look like and what you might be up against. Then I took all five teams, looked up each player's average weekly FFP, no I didn't divide each players total by 15..I used the average based on games they actually played.. added each team's together..found some interesting results, granted these are all averages, and based on information from last year and everything could change, but history is what we're basing the assumption of to TE or not to TE on, so it should be applicable here it is:

Your team, already listed averaged 103.4 pts per week last year.
Team 1
MCCoy
Rodgers
Foster
R. Jennings (flex)
Fitzgerald
T. Williams
Rudolph
SEATTLE
Gould
Average per week total= 100.7

Team 2
Charles
Gio
Nelson
Cruz
Mathews (flex)
Brady
Cameron
Denver
Vinny
total avg= 106.6

Team 3
Peterson
Brees
Alf Morris
Welker
Gore (flex)
V. Davis
Hitlon
StL D
Walsh
total avg=107.4

Team 4
Forte
B. Marshall
A. Brown
VjAx (flex)
Stafford
Vareen
G. Olsen
NE D
P. Dawson
total avg= 106.6

So without really trying to construct any kind of super team and just going strictly by ADP and assigning players to four random teams, I came up with three of four that on average will beat you every week. Did you make the wrong choice? No, I wouldn't go that far, this is pretty unscientific, but you did make it harder on yourself than it had to be by taking the 2 TE route.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I had a little time on my hands this afternoon, thought I'd check on whether this "advantage" at TE was better than having the better RB's/Wr/Qb's..ect..
So, I took this years current ADP as per Fantasy Football calculator, removed any rookies, and the members of your team, and "drafted" 4 other teams in your league, which gives us a %50 sample size of what your league potentially could look like and what you might be up against. Then I took all five teams, looked up each player's average weekly FFP, no I didn't divide each players total by 15..I used the average based on games they actually played.. added each team's together..found some interesting results, granted these are all averages, and based on information from last year and everything could change, but history is what we're basing the assumption of to TE or not to TE on, so it should be applicable here it is:

Your team, already listed averaged 103.4 pts per week last year.
Team 1
MCCoy
Rodgers
Foster
R. Jennings (flex)
Fitzgerald
T. Williams
Rudolph
SEATTLE
Gould
Average per week total= 100.7

Team 2
Charles
Gio
Nelson
Cruz
Mathews (flex)
Brady
Cameron
Denver
Vinny
total avg= 106.6

Team 3
Peterson
Brees
Alf Morris
Welker
Gore (flex)
V. Davis
Hitlon
StL D
Walsh
total avg=107.4

Team 4
Forte
B. Marshall
A. Brown
VjAx (flex)
Stafford
Vareen
G. Olsen
NE D
P. Dawson
total avg= 106.6

So without really trying to construct any kind of super team and just going strictly by ADP and assigning players to four random teams, I came up with three of four that on average will beat you every week. Did you make the wrong choice? No, I wouldn't go that far, this is pretty unscientific, but you did make it harder on yourself than it had to be by taking the 2 TE route.

Unfortunately your info tells me nothing too... you took the top 4 picks... It is believed that the teams with the top picks have a huge advantage anyway!!! In fact it is a common practice in many leagues to repeat the 2nd round order in the 3rd round and then snake it... To me, that is all you showed- the disadvantage of going later in the draft...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately your info tells me nothing too... you took the top 4 picks... It is believed that the teams with the top picks have a huge advantage anyway!!! In fact it is a common practice in many leagues to repeat the 2nd round order in the 3rd round and then snake it... To me, that is all you showed- the disadvantage of going later in the draft...

if you notice the #1 pick was the worst team. and the #2 pick team was worse then the #3 pick team and the #4 was equal to the #2....your assumption is simply wrong, and your pointing at anything you can to debunk it. Also notice I didn't bother giving any team Peyton Manning..give him to the team that picked after the OP..he still loses

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you notice the #1 pick was the worst team. and the #2 pick team was worse then the #3 pick team and the #4 was equal to the #2....your assumption is simply wrong, and your pointing at anything you can to debunk it. Also notice I didn't bother giving any team Peyton Manning..give him to the team that picked after the OP..he still loses

There is much more though... First off, he did not take the best available players throughout, so therefore the projections are clearly going to hurt him...

all i am saying is that your experiment does nothing, and even more does not show the strategy to be wrong or correct or as you say made it harder on himself...

I have a question for you, who else in the 3rd round can be and has proven that he could be a first or second rounder??

If he is a believer that gronk will be healthy for most of the season, then he is clearly the best player available... But as he drafted later in the first round, he did not know that he could have gotten Gronk and wanted to make sure he would get a top end TE... Graham might be the safest Mid to late first round pick!!!

I honestly dont think anything wrong with his top 3 picks... There were other moves that were not great, but who has a perfect draft??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure if he knew he would get Gronk he would not have drafted Graham...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as to you last response about maybe not best player available? yeah I did that too, I took the players at the position the team needed,not necessarily who i thought was the best. and these aren't projections, this is actual results from the previous season, so try again

just because you piqued my curiosity, I did the tenth team..which oddly enough Manning's current adp is 10..
so out of the tenth spot--
Manning
Dez
Ellington
J. Thomas
DJAX
Colston
P. Thomas
Carolina
Tucker
total avg 109.2

So much for the disadvantage of drafting last or later in the draft. The only advantage is drafting smart vs not drafting smart

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take that trade & run with it. Floyd is AZ's #1 WR & has been in beast mode all through OTA(s) & training camp. His production will be as good or better than White's. Brees is better than Cutler & if you can get away with sending Gronk for Murray, I would accept that trade quickly.

i agree big time move Gronk-White-Cutler-If you want Bress-for Brees-Floyd-Murray

if he accepts Gronk grab it quickly....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i am saying is that your experiment does nothing, and even more does not show the strategy to be wrong or correct or as you say made it harder on himself...

it does prove one thing..and its the only thing I set out to do, I didn't set out for it to prove he was dead wrong, only to see which theory had any sort of statistical proof and that was to see if the advantage of slamming home the two best TE's and seriously outscoring everyone else at the TE position is better than having the RB/WR/QB or not. and it's quite clear that that advantage is not worth it. Doesn't mean for a second he can't still win with that team, just means he's gonna have to work harder at it when considering start/bench moves, waiver adds than the guy who didn't draft that way.