• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just completed my draft

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Jay Cutler
WR- Demaryius Thomas
Roddy White
RB- Zac Stacy
Joique Bell
TE- Rob Gronkowski
Flex- Jimmy Graham
Defense- San Francisco
Kicker- Mason Crosby

Bench- Eli Manning
Steven Jackson
Emmanuelle Sanders
Brandin Cooks
Darren Sproles
Torrey Smith

I think I did OK, RBs are weak but everything else is solid if not better IMO. Thoughts??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too shabby. 10 team league I assume? I don't like double TE for usage at flex, but heard a lot of talk for that strategy this year. 10 team leagues, I am a little more willing to try it though.

I'd grab Devonta Freeman (since you have S-Jax) and drop Eli. Don't really need a back up QB until you need one and waivers will have someone doable.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too shabby. 10 team league I assume? I don't like double TE for usage at flex, but heard a lot of talk for that strategy this year. 10 team leagues, I am a little more willing to try it though.

I'd grab Devonta Freeman (since you have S-Jax) and drop Eli. Don't really need a back up QB until you need one and waivers will have someone doable.

Yeah I thought about Freeman in the 15th round but took Sproles instead.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with your team is that you should have drafted more RB for your bench. With white and Thomas as your starting WRs they will likely never be benched. So your 3 bench WR is a waste. When starting either joique bell or Steven Jackson or even Darren sproles all being below average starts it would have been nice to see you go harder on bench RB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with your team is that you should have drafted more RB for your bench. With white and Thomas as your starting WRs they will likely never be benched. So your 3 bench WR is a waste. When starting either joique bell or Steven Jackson or even Darren sproles all being below average starts it would have been nice to see you go harder on bench RB.

I actually wanted to but after I picked Jackson in the 9th round I didnt have another RB left on the board in my top 100 players so I didnt want to waste a draft pick on a guy that I could pick up when I needed him. My thoughts were to load up on one or two positions that way I can use a few guys as trade bait. Im working on a Cutler and Gronkowski trade for Drew Brees and Demarco Murray right now as we speak. Guy wants me throw in Roddy White and Im not thinking thats a good trade.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got some decent values, but trading Graham for an RB1 stud is a necessary move IMO. I think you are really weak at RB and you have the means to fix it.

I do like your WRs though, and I think the Cutler/Manning combo could work well for you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got some decent values, but trading Graham for an RB1 stud is a necessary move IMO. I think you are really weak at RB and you have the means to fix it.

I do like your WRs though, and I think the Cutler/Manning combo could work well for you.

Man I REALLY dont want to trade Graham but I can trade him ( and Stacy) right now for Forte and Sammy Watkins. Still debating

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I REALLY dont want to trade Graham but I can trade him ( and Stacy) right now for Forte and Sammy Watkins. Still debating

I wouldn't take that trade, Forte will be great but Watkins is on the Bills. I think Cutler/Graham for Brees/Murray would be fair.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take that trade, Forte will be great but Watkins is on the Bills. I think Cutler/Graham for Brees/Murray would be fair.

Yeah but the guy wants either Graham ( or Gronk ), Cutler AND wants me to throw in Roddy and give me Brees/Murray and Michael Floyd... I dont like that too much either way.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between White and Floyd is minimal. I actually have Floyd as my breakout inside the top 10... but that's a gut thing. Roddy is obviously the safer choice, I can see why you wouldn't want to do that...

What about forgetting the Cutler/Brees part? Graham for Murray? I know I'd do it... if you can get him to toss in something else, gravy... if not, like I said.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so potential 3 way trade. I trade Graham/Thomas for LeSean McCoy and Julio Jones and then trade Jones and Cutler for Brees and DeSean Jackson. That mean Id end up with Brees, McCoy and Jackson. Hurts my WR's but I upgrade big time at RB and QB and still ahev one of the better TE's in Gronk. ONLY really worried about Gronks health status though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so potential 3 way trade. I trade Graham/Thomas for LeSean McCoy and Julio Jones and then trade Jones and Cutler for Brees and DeSean Jackson. That mean Id end up with Brees, McCoy and Jackson. Hurts my WR's but I upgrade big time at RB and QB and still ahev one of the better TE's in Gronk. ONLY really worried about Gronks health status though.

I would do the first trade and skip the second. Cutler is going to be good this year. I'm not so sure Brees is much of a huge upgrade over what cutler will give you. I also do not expect much from desean Jackson this year. Basically the upgrade from cutler to Brees is not going to be as big as the upgrade from Jackson to jones. With the first trade you'll have an elite wr, an elite rb, an elite TE (if he stays healthy), a quality QB, wr2, and rb2, and your flex will be okay. That makes for a very balanced fantasy team and if they stay healthy, a playoff shoe in and title contender.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What backs are available on the waiver wire??

Honestly i would be fine with your Starting RB situation, you just need some high end potential guys on the bench...

I would not trade Graham for anything preseason... Gronk on the other hand i might, his value is very high right now... If you can get andre ellington or someone like that straight up for gronk i would do that(especially in a PPR league)...

BTW: I love cutler this season... he can easily be a top 5 QB...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These days you don't need a strong back. The guy who won our league last year didn't have a RB but he had Graham Megatron AJ Green and one other top WR and he destroyed everyone.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the guy wants either Graham ( or Gronk ), Cutler AND wants me to throw in Roddy and give me Brees/Murray and Michael Floyd... I dont like that too much either way.

Take that trade & run with it. Floyd is AZ's #1 WR & has been in beast mode all through OTA(s) & training camp. His production will be as good or better than White's. Brees is better than Cutler & if you can get away with sending Gronk for Murray, I would accept that trade quickly.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These days you don't need a strong back. The guy who won our league last year didn't have a RB but he had Graham Megatron AJ Green and one other top WR and he destroyed everyone.

I won two money leagues last year with strong backs (McCoy and Lacy in one and McCoy and forte in another) I also had megatron, demaryius Thomas, luck, Leveon bell, and Bernard to go with McCoy and Lacy. You don't need strong backs, but if you don't have strong backs, it's a lot harder to win. If you can get green, megaton, and Graham, that's a good team, but the odds of repeating a draft like that are slim to none.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won two money leagues last year with strong backs (McCoy and Lacy in one and McCoy and forte in another) I also had megatron, demaryius Thomas, luck, Leveon bell, and Bernard to go with McCoy and Lacy. You don't need strong backs, but if you don't have strong backs, it's a lot harder to win. If you can get green, megaton, and Graham, that's a good team, but the odds of repeating a draft like that are slim to none.

Who are you playing with that would leave those guys available to be drafted on one team?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you playing with that would leave those guys available to be drafted on one team?

People who are confident enough to put money down on their draft skills. People forget that a lot of those players were question marks at the beginning of last year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no , most leagues had them taken. And at a price. Either u play with uneducated ppl or ur full of it, no need to get smart when someone asks a question

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no , most leagues had them taken. And at a price. Either u play with uneducated ppl or ur full of it, no need to get smart when someone asks a question

Get smart? I'm not saying anything offensive. I think you are just too sensitive.

Anyway, the only players that dropped to me were Thomas and McCoy. I got McCoy at ten, but he was rated around ten at espn which probably threw some drafters off. I took Cj at 11, which is probably a pick or two too late. Then I took lacy who was rated in the 30s and was a rookie. Thomas fell to me, probably because people thought Welker would cut into his receptions. No one really knew Peyton would break records either. Bell and Bernard were unproven rookies in questionable offenses. Bell was also injured to start off with. Luck was the QB I was targeting in every draft. He was rated to go in the 7th and I took him a round early. I think I just had the perfect draft position, mixed with the fact that I took the bpa every round until my wr/rbs were filled and had a back up.