• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just a few thoughts on week 4.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jay had 4 TOs by himself. But that didn't cause us to lose in itself.
Just didn't think it wasn't our day , when the D created 3 TOs & forced 2 other fumbles that we didn't recover. Especially Staffords @ the goal-line which fell back into his hands. I knew it wasn't our day.

STs let us down also. With that big punt return. It'll probably be blamed on the rook ( Ford ), who was the first 1 down, but the overall coverage sucked.

The D while limiting Megatron again, had no answer to Bush in the first half , and that's all they needed.
A total team loss in my eyes.

AJ is a beast in the making. Teams are going to be more aware of him. Which will only open up others.
Besides Jays TOs , I thought the O played well . Considering the deficit they faced.

Just think a loss at this point in the season, might make the team focus a little harder. Didn't expect them to go 16 & 0.
I expect them to rebound vs a NO team coming off a short week, @ home.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting last week behind me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay doesn't turn the ball over, I think the Bears have a good shot at winning that game.

All three INT's came at very bad times, and gave Detroit good field position. The fumble was obviously returned for a TD.

Bears fans are just about finished cutting him slack in those kind of performances. As they should be. He needs to have a good game this week. One of the biggest games of his career, IMO. This game is telling of where this team is headed. I'm not calling this a "MUST-WIN", but we need to show up and play the Saints tough all four quarters.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay doesn't turn the ball over, I think the Bears have a good shot at winning that game.

All three INT's came at very bad times, and gave Detroit good field position. The fumble was obviously returned for a TD.

Bears fans are just about finished cutting him slack in those kind of performances. As they should be. He needs to have a good game this week. One of the biggest games of his career, IMO. This game is telling of where this team is headed. I'm not calling this a "MUST-WIN", but we need to show up and play the Saints tough all four quarters.

If Jay didn't turn the ball over. I think we win hands down. He was the major factor in our loss. But there were other factors that contributed as well. If STs & the D has a good game, I think we win despite Jay's 4 TOs.
Not to defend Jay or list excuses. But CSN reported that Jay took a pre game shot for a flue bug.
I'm still a Jay fan. Simply because he's the best we've had in long time.

NO will pose problem for our D. I can see Sproles getting 200-250 all purpose yards. And we haven't stopped a TE through the first 4 games. I doubt we contain Graham (spelling?).
I still think we beat NO, though our O will have to play mistake frree football. And hopefully Jay is over the flue bug.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay didn't turn the ball over. I think we win hands down. He was the major factor in our loss. But there were other factors that contributed as well. If STs & the D has a good game, I think we win despite Jay's 4 TOs.
Not to defend Jay or list excuses. But CSN reported that Jay took a pre game shot for a flue bug.
I'm still a Jay fan. Simply because he's the best we've had in long time.

NO will pose problem for our D. I can see Sproles getting 200-250 all purpose yards. And we haven't stopped a TE through the first 4 games. I doubt we contain Graham (spelling?).
I still think we beat NO, though our O will have to play mistake frree football. And hopefully Jay is over the flue bug.

Yeah, you're really high on Sproles this week, huh? I really don't see where he causes THAT big of a problem. Sure, he'll get his 100 plus total yards and maybe a TD. I don't see why the giant projections for him though. He'll beat us up, but I don't see it getting out of hand. I don't consider him to be a better talent than Bush.

As far as Jay, I'm still his biggest fan. I love the guy. I love his toughness, his attitude, etc... everything about him. Even when/if Cutler is gone, I'll still pull for him VERY hard. He sounded like he was doing okay on his Monday Morning radio show on ESPN 1000, but didn't bring up the flu. I'm sure he didn't want to make excuses.

Jay and the rest of this team has usually responded very well after a performance like Sunday's. I hope they can do it again. However, I don't think there's one thing about that Saints offense that we'll be able to stop. Graham, Colston, Sproles... EVERYONE. All should have big days. I don't see why the Saints don't score 40 plus points.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're really high on Sproles this week, huh? I really don't see where he causes THAT big of a problem. Sure, he'll get his 100 plus total yards and maybe a TD. I don't see why the giant projections for him though. He'll beat us up, but I don't see it getting out of hand. I don't consider him to be a better talent than Bush.

As far as Jay, I'm still his biggest fan. I love the guy. I love his toughness, his attitude, etc... everything about him. Even when/if Cutler is gone, I'll still pull for him VERY hard. He sounded like he was doing okay on his Monday Morning radio show on ESPN 1000, but didn't bring up the flu. I'm sure he didn't want to make excuses.

Jay and the rest of this team has usually responded very well after a performance like Sunday's. I hope they can do it again. However, I don't think there's one thing about that Saints offense that we'll be able to stop. Graham, Colston, Sproles... EVERYONE. All should have big days. I don't see why the Saints don't score 40 plus points.

Tucker hasn't shut down 1 opposing teams big threat. Megatron wasn't needed last week . And produced when they did go to him.
Sproles also returns kicks. Which figures in my projections for him. I'm not sold on DeCamillas either.
He had 2 proven gunners in Weems & Bowman, yet he uses a rook ( Ford ) in big divisional game WTF.
Getting back to Sproles. I think he is much quicker than Bush. Bears have been suspect on their tackling . Sproles is also used much more in the passing game than Bush. NO aslo has a couple good running backs . I'm sure the Il. kid would like to look good in front of his family.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game. but we just made too many mistakes to come out on top.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker hasn't shut down 1 opposing teams big threat. Megatron wasn't needed last week . And produced when they did go to him.
Sproles also returns kicks. Which figures in my projections for him. I'm not sold on DeCamillas either.
He had 2 proven gunners in Weems & Bowman, yet he uses a rook ( Ford ) in big divisional game WTF.
Getting back to Sproles. I think he is much quicker than Bush. Bears have been suspect on their tackling . Sproles is also used much more in the passing game than Bush. NO aslo has a couple good running backs . I'm sure the Il. kid would like to look good in front of his family.

NO has one fairly decent RB in Pierre Thomas (the IL kid), and he hardly gets used, since NO never really runs the ball. Then, they have a first round bust in Mark Ingram, who hardly sees the field now. Then, of course, is Sproles... who isn't exactly a conventional RB.

Sproles is good at what he does, but he's hardly NO's best offensive player. Jimmy Graham easily gets the nod there. I see him giving us far more problems.

... and dude, Megatron was definitely limited by the Bears D. That's one thing they got right. Megatron isn't a guy that "you look to him when you need him". He's their #1 target, and the best receiver in the league. They're always looking his way, and the Bears D did a good job of containing him.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1 I'm perplexed by him, just by where Podlesh lines up to punt?? How we haven't had one blocked yet, is beyond me?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have let Megatron try to beat us himself. Bears gave up 160 yards to Cincinatti receiver, gave up 196 to Brown of the steelers, and won both games. Mel will hopefully keep someone on Sproles all game.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn it Rich.I gotta disagree again.:doh:

The only part of me that likes cutler is the C on the side of his helmet.........His toughness?.Have not seen one game yet where he played while hurt.
Attitude?......he`s a whiny bitch!
And what has JC done to command your respect to cheer for him elsewhere?
I could have seen if you were talking BU,but we are not.

This is Cutler`s contract season,better be a star this year with all that we goit for him or he can get the fuck a going....

but I still respect a lot of your posts Rich.I just gotta vent on Cutler is all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........His toughness?.Have not seen one game yet where he played while hurt.

How about finishing that game vs San Diego with a season ending broken thumb injury?

How about tearing his MCL early in the second quarter of the NFCCG. Playing until halftime, fighting with the training staff to get a cortisone shot in order to keep playing, despite the fact that they always said the could never give Jay a shot due to his diabetic condition. Most QB's wouldn't even try to keep playing with an injury like that. RGIII and Manuel missed multiple games with lesser knee injuries and/or left the game immediately.

Hell, how about needing a shot to play with the flu last week and a fever of 102?

How about taking BEATING... AFTER BEATING... AFTER BEATING... AFTER BEATING over the past four years. Getting backup every single time, and brushing it off. You don't think he was hurting? Like last year versus Suh when he slammed him into the turf, or the year before when Fairley slammed his head down in the end zone. He played the rest of that Detroit game on Monday night with badly bruised ribs. He got up with mud and grass stuck on his helmet. Jawing at Fairley and thanking him for the 15 yard flag.

Not tough? Give me a break. Easily one of the toughest QB's in the league. One of the toughest players.

Oh my lord. He is the EXACT opposite. He takes beating after beating from his O-line, and NEVER shit on them once. He always takes the blame. Never once has blamed his shit WR corp consisting of a kick returner and a guy who would have been better served as a track star (Knox). The Cutler is "a whiny bitch" is the biggest farce I have ever heard." Are you joking? What has he ever done to earn that reputation. Get fired up on the sidelines? Oh god for fucking bid that he does that. It's not like we don't see Manning and Brady do that every other week. Pointing and yelling at WR's, or fighting with coaches. Rodgers SCREAMS at his coaches all of the time. Rivers runs down the field flailing his arms like a child every time he doesn't get a flag he wants. Then he proceeds to have to be held back by his teammates when the refs are meeting over a penalty against him. Cutler hardly says anything, but when he does it's; "WHINY BITCH". People just love to hate the guy.

He gets treated more unfairly by the media than almost any other QB I've ever seen in my life. He's hated by EVERYONE for seemingly no reason, yet he still goes out there every Sunday and plays with passion. No matter the beating he takes. He's a fucking soldier (to quote Kellen Winslow). Everything that embodies the Chicago Bears. A true competitor. He runs over DB's and dives head first with reckless abandon into the end zone.

Jay Cutler is hands down my favorite Chicago Bear, and he was when BU was here too. He's the anti-hero. The Paul Newman of the NFL, you might say The guy nobody roots for, but just doesn't give a fuck.

Listen to him on his radio show or when he talks to the media. He's not one of these phony players concerned about money, a career, or glamour. He doesn't believe in doing endorsement deals, commercials (he's required to do a few for the NFL in his contract), etc... The guy just wants to play football. HE LOVES football. He lives and breathes football. This is why people don't like him. He doesn't suck up to the fans or the media. He speaks his mind, he isn't phony, and he doesn't give a fuck what you think about him. He sticks to what he feels in his gut. One of the most admirable traits I can think of.

I have never had more respect for a Chicago Bear in my life. I don't care if he is the worst QB ever to play the game. I freakin love the guy, and I always will. How any Bears doesn't, is a complete mystery to me.

This is Cutler`s contract season,better be a star this year with all that we goit for him or he can get the fuck a going....

Yeah, he certainly does. He has to get it done.

but I still respect a lot of your posts Rich.I just gotta vent on Cutler is all.

Well, thank you :)

Doing a little venting of my own.

I doubt you read all of this, but these utter farces about Jay need to be put to rest. The shit winds have been swirling for too long around Jay Cutler. This has nothing to do with his ability as a QB. I agree, he needs to step up, or we need to move on. However, he's my fucking guy. Always will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.........His toughness?.Have not seen one game yet where he played while hurt.

How about finishing that game vs San Diego with a season ending broken thumb injury?

How about tearing his MCL early in the second quarter of the NFCCG. Playing until halftime, fighting with the training staff to get a cortisone shot in order to keep playing, despite the fact that they always said the could never give Jay a shot due to his diabetic condition. Most QB's wouldn't even try to keep playing with an injury like that. RGIII and Manuel missed multiple games with lesser knee injuries and/or left the game immediately.

Hell, how about needing a shot to play with the flu last week and a fever of 102?

How about taking BEATING... AFTER BEATING... AFTER BEATING... AFTER BEATING over the past four years. Getting backup every single time, and brushing it off. You don't think he was hurting? Like last year versus Suh when he slammed him into the turf, or the year before when Fairley slammed his head down in the end zone. He played the rest of that Detroit game on Monday night with badly bruised ribs. He got up with mud and grass stuck on his helmet. Jawing at Fairley and thanking him for the 15 yard flag.

Not tough? Give me a break. Easily one of the toughest QB's in the league. One of the toughest players.

Oh my lord. He is the EXACT opposite. He takes beating after beating from his O-line, and NEVER shit on them once. He always takes the blame. Never once has blamed his shit WR corp consisting of a kick returner and a guy who would have been better served as a track star (Knox). The Cutler is "a whiny bitch" is the biggest farce I have ever heard." Are you joking? What has he ever done to earn that reputation. Get fired up on the sidelines? Oh god for fucking bid that he does that. It's not like we don't see Manning and Brady do that every other week. Pointing and yelling at WR's, or fighting with coaches. Rodgers SCREAMS at his coaches all of the time. Rivers runs down the field flailing his arms like a child every time he doesn't get a flag he wants. Then he proceeds to have to be held back by his teammates when the refs are meeting over a penalty against him. Cutler hardly says anything, but when he does it's; "WHINY BITCH". People just love to hate the guy.

He gets treated more unfairly by the media than almost any other QB I've ever seen in my life. He's hated by EVERYONE for seemingly no reason, yet he still goes out there every Sunday and plays with passion. No matter the beating he takes. He's a fucking soldier (to quote Kellen Winslow). Everything that embodies the Chicago Bears. A true competitor. He runs over DB's and dives head first with reckless abandon into the end zone.

Jay Cutler is hands down my favorite Chicago Bear, and he was when BU was here too. He's the anti-hero. The Paul Newman of the NFL, you might say The guy nobody roots for, but just doesn't give a fuck.

Listen to him on his radio show or when he talks to the media. He's not one of these phony players concerned about money, a career, or glamour. He doesn't believe in doing endorsement deals, commercials (he's required to do a few for the NFL in his contract), etc... The guy just wants to play football. HE LOVES football. He lives and breathes football. This is why people don't like him. He doesn't suck up to the fans or the media. He speaks his mind, he isn't phony, and he doesn't give a fuck what you think about him. He sticks to what he feels in his gut. One of the most admirable traits I can think of.

I have never had more respect for a Chicago Bear in my life. I don't care if he is the worst QB ever to play the game. I freakin love the guy, and I always will. How any Bears doesn't, is a complete mystery to me.

Yeah, he certainly does. He has to get it done.

Well, thank you :)

Doing a little venting of my own.

I doubt you read all of this, but these utter farces about Jay need to be put to rest. The shit winds have been swirling for too long around Jay Cutler. This has nothing to do with his ability as a QB. I agree, he needs to step up, or we need to move on. However, he's my fucking guy. Always will be.

Don`t bring up the Championship game vs GB..........He pussed out completely.Its the biggest game of his life and he blows it.He was completely horrible before he even got hurt.How does a person command respect after shit like that?
You ever see Ben do that? I`ve seen him play where he could hardly walk...Thats one tough s.o.b.
RGII last season in the playoffs.......Completely hobbled and still played............Thats tough.
Not cause someone knocks you down and he gets back up.......Play hurt.Be a god damn leader!

Attitude?.....Bullshit.I seen where he fucked up and tice wanted to talk to him about it and he just walked away rather than try to figure out whats wrong...........
Hows about last season vs, Detroit? Playoffs on the line,Bears driving first series of the game.They are at like Detroits 30 yd line 1st and 10,Webb gets caught holding/false start(not sure which any more) and Jay chews his ass out on the field.What happens the next play?Jay fumbles the ball after hitting his leg........That makes it 3rd and very very long.Webb should grabbed him by the fucking throat.

And as far as Brady and Manning...........They have well deserved NFL respect........cutler just has none.
And Rivers,that guy is 10xs tougher than what Cutler has in his ex-broken thuimb.......

And you have never had more respect for Cutler than any Bear in your lifetime?
You`re not very old then..........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously fucking dumb.

You wouldn't know tough, if it bit ya in the ass, Francis.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen where he fucked up and tice wanted to talk to him about it and he just walked away rather than try to figure out whats wrong.

Yeah, "I seen" that too.
What was wrong, was that Tice is an idiot, and that fact was reflected in his schemes.

Why does that hurt your feelings?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "I seen" that too.
What was wrong, was that Tice is an idiot, and that fact was reflected in his schemes.

Why does that hurt your feelings?

It doesn`t hurt my feelings at all........But its call a diva.
Cutler needs to earn respect before he gets to start dissing his own coaches.......