• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: July 18-20 vs ChiSox

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know this is not a popular topic, but if Felix would allow it now is a great time to deal him. He doesn't have the value he once did, but a team like the Dodgers would give up a pretty penny to get him. Love Felix, but it would be a good business move to free up his salary while getting some young guns back. It will never happen because we are the Mariners.

I'm not up on MLB prospects but do the Yankees have any worth while prospects? Cashman is going to be looking to save his job. With this being the best sellers market in recent memory at the deadline, the Mariners (doubt they would trade him) but could really get value as though he was still a 26 year old ace.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not up on MLB prospects but do the Yankees have any worth while prospects? Cashman is going to be looking to save his job. With this being the best sellers market in recent memory at the deadline, the Mariners (doubt they would trade him) but could really get value as though he was still a 26 year old ace.

I don't think Yanks have much to offer in the minors. Their best trade chips are their MLB bullpen arms. Plus, I don't want any more Yankee prospects. They burn us every time.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might wanna double check the score
Are you kidding? Considering this is the second time straight this has happened after my posting stuff like that, I should do that more often!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Yanks have much to offer in the minors. Their best trade chips are their MLB bullpen arms. Plus, I don't want any more Yankee prospects. They burn us every time.

True, but I still think we could get good value for guys like Lind, Ianetta, Gutierrez etc. Minor pieces that normally teams wouldn't give up anything that could help their trade partner..just a thought

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would. His value in a trade scenario is pretty good, M's wouldn't get what they could have a couple seasons ago but he still holds a solid price tag.
Won't happen though

I hope you're right. As much as I've enjoyed The King if might be time to trade him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. As much as I've enjoyed The King if might be time to trade him.
Yeah and remember, depending on the market, teams tend to over pay during trade deadline deals especially for proven starters.

All hypothetical and not all that likely to happen imo.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and remember, depending on the market, teams tend to over pay during trade deadline deals especially for proven starters.

All hypothetical and not all that likely to happen imo.

With how many teams are in it, bidding wars can happen much like Cliff Lee deal even though it didn't work out as everyone in baseball thought.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are 100% correct, management pays everyone in clubhouse and it's up to the players if you do a good job or not. Players know to tip unless it's the last day of the trip or they'll find their uniform or cleats are really itchy the next day.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 100% correct, management pays everyone in clubhouse and it's up to the players if you do a good job or not. Players know to tip unless it's the last day of the trip or they'll find their uniform or cleats are really itchy the next day.

I just thought the M's version was really odd. Not sure why they changed it?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't know, at least back when we worked we got our paycheck from the Rainiers and Mariners baseball clubs then players would tip you after they showered and ate, sometimes before if they needed chew or something. No idea why they'd switch it. The whole point is so guys making minimum wage or the clubhouse manager could get money that wasn't taxable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't know, at least back when we worked we got our paycheck from the Rainiers and Mariners baseball clubs then players would tip you after they showered and ate, sometimes before if they needed chew or something. No idea why they'd switch it. The whole point is so guys making minimum wage or the clubhouse manager could get money that wasn't taxable.

Which makes more sense.